PDA

View Full Version : Did Obama Just Throw The Entire Election Away?

red states rule
10-09-2012, 10:44 AM
I do enjoy watching the Obama supporters cry like a baby in public. Here is have a huge Obama butt kisser in Andrew Sullivan whining how Obama "threw it all away". And of course Andrew runs with the Obama excuse that Mitt lied so much and that is why he won the debate

Seriously: has that kind of swing ever happened this late in a campaign? Has any candidate lost 18 points among women voters in one night ever? And we are told that when Obama left the stage that night, he was feeling good. That's terrifying. On every single issue, Obama has instantly plummeted into near-oblivion. He still has some personal advantages over Romney - even though they are all much diminished. Obama still has an edge on Medicare, scores much higher on relating to ordinary people, is ahead on foreign policy, and on being moderate, consistent and honest (only 14 percent of swing voters believe Romney is honest). But on the core issues of the economy and the deficit, Romney is now kicking the president's ass:

By a 37% to 24% margin, more swing voters say Romney would improve the job situation. Swing voters favor Romney on the deficit by a two-to-one (41% vs. 20%) margin.... Romney has gained ground on several of these measures since earlier in the campaign. Most notably, Obama and Romney now run even (44% each) in terms of which candidate is the stronger leader. Obama held a 13-point advantage on this a month ago. And Obama’s 14-point edge as the more honest and truthful candidate has narrowed to just five points. In June, Obama held a 17-point lead as the candidate voters thought was more willing to work with leaders from the other party. Today, the candidates run about even on this (45% say Obama, 42% Romney).
Lies work when they are unrebutted live on stage. And momentum counts at this point in the election.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/did-obama-just-throw-the-entire-election-away.html

Little-Acorn
10-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Actually it wasn't Obama who threw it away, but Romney who took it from him.

Obama's performance was poor, of course. But what will win the election, is many voters seeing Romney for the first time (most people don't pay much attention to politics until shortly before the election, remember) and finding that he was NOT the indifferent, mean, starve-the-children-dispossess-the-seniors Scrooge they had heard the Democrats call him for months. To their surprise, he looked like a nice guy, concerned about people's problems, worried about national security, and with sensible plans about how to solve many of the country's problems.

People have been disillusioned about Obama for a while now, ever since he started pushing Obamacare, blocking oil drilling, appeasing foreign leaders, and "spreading the wealth around". But they weren't sure if they wanted to trade him in on an unknown candidate, especially a mean Scrooge like Romney was supposed to be. In the debate, they saw for the first time, a candidate who they realized could make a good president... and it wasn't Obama.

In the NEXT debate, it almost doesn't matter how well Obama does. People have already seen him make lots of promises and nice-sounding speeches (and trash Republicans), he won't show them anything new. But if Romney keeps doing as well as he did in the first debate, people will be even more favorably inclined to vote for him, regardless of what they see Obama do.

The election is now Romney's to lose (which he still can if he screws up badly), and maybe always has been. Most normal Americans don't really want Obama around for another term. Until last Wednesday, they weren't sure there was a suitable replacement, however.

Once they saw the debate, though, they started to realize that maybe there WAS a suitable replacement. And if Romney keeps reinforcing that impression, then he'll win in a walk. No matter what Obama does.

red states rule
10-15-2012, 02:41 AM
Here is more from Mr Sullivan

and can someone please get him off the ledge and back inside the building? :laugh2:

If anyone thought that the feisty Biden debate undid the massive damage the president did to himself in the first debate, the news isn't great. Biden does seem to have reversed the speed of Obama's free-fall but not the decline itself. Romney's debate obliteration of Obama - something that, in my view, irreparably damages a sitting president - does not seem to be a bounce, but a resilient jump. It's not going away by itself. That is: not a bounce.

And if you were a low-information voter and watched the first debate with one man with energy and ideas (however deceptive) against a president who looked like he was making small talk with a bore at a cocktail party, you'd pick the challenger yourself. It turns out it wasn't the economy (it's been perking up lately) that's become the main challenge for Obama. Nor the Electoral College. Nor a motivated, radical GOP base. It turns out that the main challenge for Obama's re-election in the final stretch is Obama himself.

I've been pilloried for being excitable about that epic first debate. But just look at that graph above (with heightened sensitivity) of the campaign poll of polls since February and tell me I was wrong.

Romney is now comfortably ahead nationally, gaining four points, as the president has lost three, since that debate. The result is a seven point swing in a couple of weeks, with momentum now firmly in Romney's direction. Momentum matters. Obama had it. He threw it away. It will be extremely hard, with such little time left, to get it back.

As an Obama supporter, I remain committed, if deeply demoralized. The reason for that new ambivalence is not that the reasons for re-electing him have changed - we desperately need to raise revenues to tackle the debt, we cannot launch a new Judeo-Christian war against Islam in the Middle East without igniting an even more ferocious global religious conflict; it's just wrong to cut off healthcare access for tens of millions, while ending homecare for countless seniors, while not even making a dent in the actual budget - because of give-aways to the extremely rich. And the way the Obama campaign had made those arguments clearly and consistently and built a brilliant campaign all the way to the first debate was quite something to behold. To be given a gift like the Romney 47 percent video is a rare event in national politics. To get it in the fall of an election should have made an Obama victory all but assured.

But Obama threw it all back in his supporters' faces, reacting to their enthusiasm and record donations with a performance so execrable, so lazy, so feckless, and so vain it was almost a dare not to vote for him. What he has to do now is so nail these next two debates, so obliterate Romney in both, that he can claw his way back to victory. But if he manages just evenly-matched debates, let alone another Romney win, he's a goner.

Elections for president comes down to two individuals. You only get to see them up against each other in the flesh three times. The first time - always the most important - made Romney look like a president and Obama an ex-president. It will take a lot of intelligence, fire and argument to turn that around in the time remaining. And for the first time, after the sucker-punch of the first debate, I'm not entirely sure Obama has it in him.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/obamas-slide-continues.html

Voted4Reagan
10-15-2012, 05:22 AM
Its far simpler to understand like this....

ANSWERS will always beat EXCUSES.

Romney provided ANSWERS

OBAMA continues to make EXCUSES.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Its far simpler to understand like this....

ANSWERS will always beat EXCUSES.

Romney provided ANSWERS

OBAMA continues to make EXCUSES.

Sure looks like obama himself doesnt want another term. Or else the media hype about how brilliant he is was exx-actly as described media hype . Which I've known ever since he gave his first big speech at the dem convention long ago. He lies too much, hides too much and spends far too much , all the makings of a scam artist/conman.-Tyr

Robert A Whit
10-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Well, the way I see what Obama did is just like the tag line citing bungee jumping.

Obama got on a high spot, did not bother to hook up his bungee cord and jumped off,

Let's hope he recalls how to do it this coming tuesday.

aboutime
10-15-2012, 05:05 PM
I honestly suspect, and pragmatically predict. Obama will not perform any better than he did during the 1st debate.

I still have strong feelings, after watching his lack of action, and his obvious Pushing of Mrs. Clinton...under the BUS. That Obama so badly wants to end his political career as the Pretender. He has been doing ALMOST EVERYTHING possible to open the door for the Republicans in Congress, and the American voters to END HIS REIN.

Of course. There is no way to prove my suspicions on this. But based on everything I have been reading, learning, and comparing to Historic facts from the past in our History. Obama seems destined to END it all, any way he can. NOW we need all of the STUPID Americans who voted for him to STAY HOME.