PDA

View Full Version : Dems relieved because Biden did better than Obama...but he didn't do better than Ryan

Little-Acorn
10-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Democrats are relieved, and happier than they were, because Biden did better than Obama had in the last debate. Unfortunately, he didn't do better than Paul Ryan.

Biden looked rude and dour, pushing his way in, snapping at Ryan most of the night. Ryan was well poised, absorbing Biden's punches unflappably and continuing smoothly to make his points. Biden scored some good points on substance, but Ryan scored more on substance.

Basically Ryan won on style and demeanor by a large margin, and also won by a smaller margin on substance.

Bottom line: Ryan won. He continued Republicans' enthusiasm and determination.

Since Biden was more aggressive than Obama and also more substantive, he jazzed up the hardcore Democrats. Unfortunately, independents will remember his anger and rudeness more than his occasional good points. So the votes Democrats really need, will not come to them as a result of this debate.

Democrats are still on defense, still playing catch-up... and they are losing that fight.

10-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Heck, the fact that Biden didnt make any major gaffes shows he did well tonight. I might have called it a draw or given to him if he hadn't been such an ass. But the win clearly goes to Ryan and the Romney camp. He turned off alot of potential voters off to him tonight.

fj1200
10-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Unfortunately, independents will remember his anger and rudeness more than his occasional good points.

Didn't watch, how did it match up to the Al Gore sighs of 12 years ago?

SassyLady
10-12-2012, 04:16 AM

Al Gore is probably the happiest man on Earth right now because Biden has just relieved him of the Dufus award. It was terrible and everyone is all over his demeanor.

fj1200
10-12-2012, 04:21 AM
Al Gore is probably the happiest man on Earth right now because Biden has just relieved him of the Dufus award. It was terrible and everyone is all over his demeanor.

:laugh: They're probably still tied. I mean, how do you lose with the Clinton Economy behind you?

SassyLady
10-12-2012, 04:24 AM
:laugh: They're probably still tied. I mean, how do you lose with the Clinton Economy behind you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PCtemaHgjyA

fj1200
10-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Wow, that is just AWFUL. I stand corrected, he supersedes Gore's award. :bow3:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-12-2012, 04:39 AM
With this nation facing so many very serious problems Biden's laughing clearly revealed a gross lack of understanding and of decorum as well. To me it actually hinted at insanity. Of course he is a very stupid man and his laughing reveals possibly a bit insane as well. I'm sure that he was coached to be hyper aggressive so that the media could declare him winner on aggression and also make up for obama's lame performance.
Biden's ignorant laughing should have turned off millions of voters. At first it pissed me off , then when I realised that it likely pissed off so many others as well , it brought a big smile to my face everytime he laughed. I am smiling as I have the pleasure of writing this now! -Tyr

p.s. It strikes me that his laughing was actually an attempt to display his contempt for the opposition. This made it arrogance as as well as ignorance..

SassyLady
10-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Wow, that is just AWFUL. I stand corrected, he supersedes Gore's award. :bow3:

And that was just one minute of it .... it went on for most of the debate. And, when he wasn't laughing at Ryan, he was pointing his finger at the moderator and yelling. You really do have to watch it ... it's scary knowing this man is so close to being the president.

And, I find it odd that everyone was so worried about Palin being so close to being the next president just because she was a woman. Apparently, it is OK to be crazy and the VP, but not a conservative woman.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-12-2012, 05:35 AM
And that was just one minute of it .... it went on for most of the debate. And, when he wasn't laughing at Ryan, he was pointing his finger at the moderator and yelling. You really do have to watch it ... it's scary knowing this man is so close to being the president.

And, I find it odd that everyone was so worried about Palin being so close to being the next president just because she was a woman. Apparently, it is OK to be crazy and the VP, but not a conservative woman.

With them its ok to be crazy and be the president or the VP if you are a democrat, remember Hillary almost got the nod but obama beat her. They label all conservatives as crazy , male or female. Being a majority of unprincipled cowards they just attack conservative women more often and more viciously.-Tyr

KarlMarx
10-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I didn't watch last night, had to work late... but based on Biden's gaffes of the past, I'm not surprised that he didn't fare well against Ryan. I had the impression that if Biden could construct a sentence that he would be doing well... for Joe Biden.

The next presidential debate is going to be interesting, because Obama is going to come out with guns blazing... he's going to have to try to pull that off without coming across as an angry Bolshevik.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-12-2012, 07:02 AM
I didn't watch last night, had to work late... but based on Biden's gaffes of the past, I'm not surprised that he didn't fare well against Ryan. I had the impression that if Biden could construct a sentence that he would be doing well... for Joe Biden.

The next presidential debate is going to be interesting, because Obama is going to come out with guns blazing... he's going to have to try to pull that off without coming across as an angry Bolshevik.

I am sure that Biden had the questions given to him beforehand. Quite likely at least 6 days before the debate.
Nothing else explains his lack of a few major gaffes. Although his laughing , whether planned or not , was a major gaffe but just not in words spoken! His laughing so often points to his contempt , imagine that Biden having contempt for Ryan's abilities! Biden is not only a fool but a self-righteously arrogant one at that..-Tyr

Abbey Marie
10-12-2012, 08:52 AM
In addition to the ongoing derisive laughter and mocking smiles by Biden, Martha Raddatz was continually posing questions to Ryan that sounded very skeptical on her part. Not so in her questions to Biden, though. And she let Biden continually interrupt Ryan. It was like a circus act, and so distracting that I had trouble following the answers. All in all, a pretty pathetic debate.

The sad icing on the cake is that today Dems are characterizing Biden's nasty performance as positive.

red states rule
10-12-2012, 09:56 AM
All Biden did was to go out and perk up their base. You know folks like Chris Matthews, Bill Press, Ed Schultz, and the news room of the NY Times reason to smile

Biden could not refute anything Ryan said, and was caught in a bold face lie over the request for additional security at the Embassy - but the sheer arrognace Buden showed was like a breath of fresh air to the far left kooks

Noir
10-12-2012, 10:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PCtemaHgjyA

That is beyond awful 0,0

red states rule
10-12-2012, 10:10 AM
That is beyond awful 0,0

Biden is a mrror of Obama, and the "reporters" in the liberal media on how they react, when the camera is not on them

Thunderknuckles
10-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Biden held his own and was the aggressor of the debate. Overall, I'd say the Dems are happy with his performance. It was much better than Obama's.
But yeah, that laughing crap was really over the top. It was rude, condescending, and completely disrespectful. He definitely took the crown from Gore by a long shot.
"Laughing at the Issues" That's a good tag line. It should play well for a bit and I hope it does some damage to their campaign.

On the other side, I'm a little disappointed with Ryan. I expected him to come out of the gate strong and stomp Biden but it didn't happen. I've seen him take the President to task face to face but he seemed to be holding back last night with Biden. I suppose that may have been the strategy but it seems to me he had a opportunity to take command last night and capitalize on the Romney win to pull the ticket strongly ahead especially in vital states like Ohio and Florida.

red states rule
10-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Biden held his own and was the aggressor of the debate. Overall, I'd say the Dems are happy with his performance. It was much better than Obama's.
But yeah, that laughing crap was really over the top. It was rude, condescending, and completely disrespectful. He definitely took the crown from Gore by a long shot.
"Laughing at the Issues" That's a good tag line. It should play well for a bit and I hope it does some damage to their campaign.

On the other side, I'm a little disappointed with Ryan. I expected him to come out of the gate strong and stomp Biden but it didn't happen. I've seen him take the President to task face to face but he seemed to be holding back last night with Biden. I suppose that may have been the strategy but it seems to me he had a opportunity to take command last night and capitalize on the Romney win to pull the ticket strongly ahead especially in vital states like Ohio and Florida.

A corpse would turn in a better performance then Obama. Ryan was trying to talk to and explain his ideas to the voters while Joe talked down to the voters and showed his contempt for anyone who offers a different opinion on the role and size of government

CSM
10-12-2012, 11:20 AM
A corpse would turn in a better performance then Obama. Ryan was trying to talk to and explain his ideas to the voters while Joe talked down to the voters and showed his contempt for anyone who offers a different opinion on the role and size of government

My opinion (almost) as well. I thought Ryan was talking more to potential voters while (IMO) Biden didn't give a rats butt what the voters thought and focused more on trying to make Ryan look like a caricature of all that is wrong (in his opinion) with Republicans and conservatives in general.

Little-Acorn
10-12-2012, 11:48 AM
My opinion (almost) as well. I thought Ryan was talking more to potential voters while (IMO) Biden didn't give a rats butt what the voters thought and focused more on trying and failing to make Ryan look like a caricature of all that is wrong (in his opinion) with Republicans and conservatives in general.
Fixed it for you, Sar-Major. :beer:

CSM
10-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Fixed it for you, Sar-Major. :beer:

heh ... I thought it went without saying that Biden failed but thanks anywho

Little-Acorn
10-12-2012, 03:07 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gv101212dAPR20121012064515.jpg

aboutime
10-12-2012, 03:10 PM
I totally agree with the Dems. Joe DID much better at showing the American people how EVEN Huge A-Holes, have shiny white teeth.

Voted4Reagan
10-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I laughed when BIDEN Said to RYAN... "SO NOW YOU'RE JACK KENNEDY?"

Well Mr. Biden... Knowing the Positions of JFK it can be said that Mr. Ryan is FAR CLOSER to being JFK than YOU ARE!!

Whats funny is.... If JFK were alive today....The LIBERALS would treat him as if he were JOE LIEBERMAN...OR Zell Miller.

There would be no place for JFK in the Democratic Party today. He was far too CONSERVATIVE.

http://youtu.be/qmHdqWPB_S8

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-12-2012, 04:41 PM

Well Mr. Biden... Knowing the Positions of JFK it can be said that Mr. Ryan is FAR CLOSER to being JFK than YOU ARE!!

Whats funny is.... If JFK were alive today....The LIBERALS would treat him as if he were JOE LIEBERMAN...OR Zell Miller.

There would be no place for JFK in the Democratic Party today. He was far too CONSERVATIVE.

Thats true and indicates how they have been taken over by the leftists. So much so that since the 60's the dems have turned ever farther away from our Constitution and ideals of freedoms that produce happiness and prosperity for Americans. They pursue a Capitalist destroying agenda. Obama is their greatest mark and he represents that agenda. -Tyr

Abbey Marie
10-12-2012, 04:58 PM

I see I'm not alone in seeing the debate as a circus act.

Little-Acorn
10-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I see I'm not alone in seeing the debate as a circus act.

Part of it was.

aboutime
10-12-2012, 06:12 PM

That line about Jack Kennedy was the ONE, and ONLY line Joe waited so long to present.
It was why he smiled, laughed, and interrupted so much.
He needed that SPECIAL MOMENT...where he could Imitate another Vice Presidential Candidate who once told QUAIL
'You are no Jack Kennedy".
That line was spoken by Joe...to get his FIFTEEN SECONDS of FAME in the History books.
Unfortunately for Joe. It went over like a QUAIL dropping WHITE STUFF in his mouth..creating that Wonderful WHITE smile instead.

Abbey Marie
10-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Hard to believe this was a Dem talking, eh? How far they've fallen.

aboutime
10-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Hard to believe this was a Dem talking, eh? How far they've fallen.

Abbey. Right you are. They have fallen so far. Their view from the gutter is blocked by the Curb, or rather the stupidity that got them lower than everyone else. They thrive on being at the bottom. The view never changes.

Kathianne
10-12-2012, 11:10 PM

Way, way beyond that.

Robert A Whit
10-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Let's face it. Biden thinks the job of a VP is to be a dunce. To mug for cameras. To chuckle like he is insane.

Ryan on the other hand was dignified. That is how a VP should be.

red states rule
10-13-2012, 09:20 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz101312dAPR20121013034514.jpg

aboutime
10-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Let's face it. Biden thinks the job of a VP is to be a dunce. To mug for cameras. To chuckle like he is insane.

Ryan on the other hand was dignified. That is how a VP should be.

Biden no longer has to wonder whether he qualifies to be a Dunce. I think it is now Obvious. Most of America KNOWS he is. But they are generally afraid to say so...fearing they will be labeled as RACISTS too!

red states rule
10-14-2012, 07:06 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c10417120121014120100.jpg