PDA

View Full Version : Finally, some good health news!

jimnyc
10-12-2012, 11:46 AM
My cholesterol was in sorry shape when I took my pre-op testing before my surgery. My cholesterol was at 418, triglycerides at 1178, HDL was MUCH too low and LDL also much too low. I just got my results back from earlier in the week, and my cholesterol is back down to an acceptable range of 157, my triglycerides dropped dramatically to 205 (still needs to be below 150), my HDL and LDL are still too low, but both have increased and are getting closer to an acceptable range. At least I'm no longer a walking heart attack! And that's with only about 6 weeks or so of Lipitor and a better diet. I have another test on 11/19 and I'm hoping things will stay in range or even get better.

CSM
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Awesome!

Little-Acorn
10-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Fantastic news! Hang in there, Jim!

Those earlier numbers are found in the dictionary under "Walking Dead".

Lipitor is a real miracle drug. I'm on it too, with similar results. It's now available as a generic, lower prices.

jimnyc
10-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Fantastic news! Hang in there, Jim!

Those earlier numbers are found in the dictionary under "Walking Dead".

Lipitor is a real miracle drug. I'm on it too, with similar results. It's now available as a generic, lower prices.

Yeah, I keep saying Lipitor, but my insurance company always makes me get generic - which in this case is "Atorvastatin" 10mg. My doctor said I can even cut back now to 3x per week, I just hope it doesn't allow my numbers to go back up!

aboutime
10-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Good for you jimnyc. See. Listening to the Doc really does work. Great to hear you've changed those really dangerous numbers.

I know it sounds cliche, but EVERY JOURNEY BEGINS WITH THAT FIRST STEP.

You are now on your way...BACK where you Belong.

Have a calm, restful weekend. You earned it.