PDA

View Full Version : And The Award Goes To....

jillian
01-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Academy Awards Nominees Announced Today.

1. Best Picture: "Babel," "The Departed," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Little Miss Sunshine," "The Queen."

2. Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, "Blood Diamond"; Ryan Gosling, "Half Nelson"; Peter O'Toole, "Venus"; Will Smith, "The Pursuit of Happyness"; Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland."

3. Actress: Penelope Cruz, "Volver"; Judi Dench, "Notes on a Scandal"; Helen Mirren, "The Queen"; Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"; Kate Winslet, "Little Children."

4. Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jackie Earle Haley, "Little Children"; Djimon Hounsou, "Blood Diamond"; Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls"; Mark Wahlberg, "The Departed."

5. Supporting Actress: Adriana Barraza, "Babel"; Cate Blanchett, "Notes on a Scandal"; Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"; Rinko Kikuchi, "Babel."

6. Directing: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, "Babel"; Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"; Clint Eastwood, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Stephen Frears, "The Queen"; Paul Greengrass, "United 93."

7. Foreign Language Film: "After the Wedding," Denmark; "Days of Glory (Indigenes)," Algeria; "The Lives of Others," Germany; "Pan's Labyrinth," Mexico; "Water," Canada.

8. Adapted Screenplay: Sacha Baron Cohen and Anthony Hines and Peter Baynham and Dan Mazer and Todd Phillips, "Borat Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan"; Alfonso Cuaron and Timothy J. Sexton and David Arata and Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, "Children of Men"; William Monahan, "The Departed"; Todd Field and Tom Perrotta, "Little Children"; Patrick Marber, "Notes on a Scandal."

9. Original Screenplay: Guillermo Arriaga, "Babel"; Iris Yamashita and Paul Haggis, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Michael Arndt, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Guillermo del Toro, "Pan's Labyrinth"; Peter Morgan, "The Queen."

10. Animated Feature Film: "Cars," "Happy Feet," "Monster House."

11. Art Direction: "Dreamgirls," "The Good Shepherd," "Pan's Labyrinth," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," "The Prestige."

12. Cinematography: "The Black Dahlia," "Children of Men," "The Illusionist," "Pan's Labyrinth," "The Prestige."

13. Sound Mixing: "Apocalypto," "Blood Diamond," "Dreamgirls," "Flags of Our Fathers," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

14. Sound Editing: "Apocalypto," "Blood Diamond," "Flags of Our Fathers," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

15. Original Score: "Babel," Gustavo Santaolalla; "The Good German," Thomas Newman; "Notes on a Scandal," Philip Glass; "Pan's Labyrinth," Javier Navarrete; "The Queen," Alexandre Desplat.

16. Original Song: "I Need to Wake Up" from "An Inconvenient Truth," Melissa Etheridge; "Listen" from "Dreamgirls," Henry Krieger, Scott Cutler and Anne Preven; "Love You I Do" from "Dreamgirls," Henry Krieger and Siedah Garrett; "Our Town" from "Cars," Randy Newman; "Patience" from "Dreamgirls," Henry Krieger and Willie Reale.

17. Costume: "Curse of the Golden Flower," "The Devil Wears Prada," "Dreamgirls," "Marie Antoinette," "The Queen."

18. Documentary Feature: "Deliver Us From Evil," "An Inconvenient Truth," "Iraq in Fragments," "Jesus Camp," "My Country, My Country."

19. Documentary (short subject): "The Blood of Yingzhou District," "Recycled Life," "Rehearsing a Dream," "Two Hands."

20. Film Editing: "Babel," "Blood Diamond," "Children of Men," "The Departed," "United 93."

21. Makeup: "Apocalypto," "Click," "Pan's Labyrinth."

22. Animated Short Film: "The Danish Poet," "Lifted," "The Little Matchgirl," "Maestro," "No Time for Nuts."

23. Live Action Short Film: "Binta and the Great Idea (Binta Y La Gran Idea)," "Eramos Pocos (One Too Many)," "Helmer & Son," "The Saviour," "West Bank Story."

24. Visual Effects: "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," "Poseidon," "Superman Returns."

Academy Award winners previously announced this year:

HONORARY AWARD (Oscar statuette): Ennio Morricone

JEAN HERSHOLT HUMANITARIAN AWARD (Oscar statuette): Sherry Lansing

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OSCAR_NOMINATIONS_LIST?SITE=NYNYD&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-01-23-09-03-16

Gaffer
01-23-2007, 03:39 PM
I forgot its that time of year again. Award shows for everything will be airing now. And as usual I will not watch any of them.

jillian
01-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I forgot its that time of year again. Award shows for everything will be airing now. And as usual I will not watch any of them.

We get a huge kick out of some of the awards shows. Popcorn time. :beer:

dirt mcgirt
01-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I have the uncanny ability to pick Oscar winners with about an 80% success rate despite not seeing a good majority of the films. The only Oscar movie I've seen this year is The Departed. I'm surprised Damon wasn't nominated for that.

Mr. P
01-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I’m safe here behind my screen so I can admit, I haven’t seen a single one of the movies listed, and I HATE the awards programs! I do like popcorn though, lots of butter please. :)

stephanie
01-23-2007, 04:31 PM
I’m safe here behind my screen so I can admit, I haven’t seen a single one of the movies listed, and I HATE the awards programs! I do like popcorn though, lots of butter please. :)

Same for me...Haven't seen a one of them...
Hate the award shows....

Love popcorn...:beer:

Nate
01-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Letters From Iwo Jima will win best picture. This film attempts to portray the Japanese as 'victims' during the second world war - and their soldiers as 'noble warriors' defending the homeland. There's no suggestion that they were the aggressors who deserved the ruin that fell upon them.

It's the type of anti-American filth only Hollywierd could embrace.

01-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Oh joy, Hollywood giving themselves awards again. Just an excuse for them to pretend they actually contribute to society and act like an idiot while they attack conservatives for no apparent reason.

dirt mcgirt
01-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh joy, Hollywood giving themselves awards again. Just an excuse for them to pretend they actually contribute to society and act like an idiot while they attack conservatives for no apparent reason.
Admit it. You're mad because Rocky Balboa wasn't nominated.

01-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Admit it. You're mad because Rocky Balboa wasn't nominated.

Hardly, Couldn't care less. Saw alot of movies last year, I cant say many were that good.

jillian
01-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Hardly, Couldn't care less. Saw alot of movies last year, I cant say many were that good.

You always so dour? They've movies... for fun, remember? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Lighten up, kick your shoes off... have a drink. :beer:

01-23-2007, 05:16 PM
You always so dour? They've movies... for fun, remember? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Lighten up, kick your shoes off... have a drink. :beer:

I don't drink. And I enjoy movies. I just dont enjoy actors congratulating themselves. It's for all purposes, a waste of time.

The only actor I see mentioned that I respect at all is Will Smith.

Grumplestillskin
01-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Is there something in Conservative/Neocon DNA that says "killjoy". I like the Oscars and GG's. Although, of late, the Oscars have become predictable. I hope Scorcese gets the nod, and Forest Whitaker...

stephanie
01-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Is there something in Conservative/Neocon DNA that says "killjoy". I like the Oscars and G's. Although, of late, the Oscars have become predictable. I hope Scorsese gets the nod, and Forest Whitaker...

Na...We just don't worship at the feet of egotistical, narcissistic, no talent, low life's...

:laugh: :lmao:

retiredman
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
saw Pan's Labyrinth this weekend and if it doesn't get Best Foregn Language film, I will be stunned.

Grumplestillskin
01-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Na...We just don't worship at the feet of egotistical, narcissistic, no talent, low life's...

:laugh: :lmao:

Neither do I....:wink2:

jillian
01-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Neither do I....:wink2:

Heh! Ya know that they aren't allowed to actually enjoy something done by someone who's a "leftie". :D

01-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Is there something in Conservative/Neocon DNA that says "killjoy". I like the Oscars and GG's. Although, of late, the Oscars have become predictable. I hope Scorcese gets the nod, and Forest Whitaker...

I see nothing joyous about people giving themselves awards.

I do see joy found in serving others and seeing little children learn.

jillian
01-23-2007, 06:52 PM
I see nothing joyous about people giving themselves awards.

I do see joy found in serving others and seeing little children learn.

Which, of course, means we have to be humorless and not enjoy anything else, right?

*Yawn*

I kinda thought a thread about the Awards would be fun for the movie-goer types. Didn't really expect it to turn into a left/right morality play. :dev:

stephanie
01-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Heh! Ya know that they aren't allowed to actually enjoy something done by someone who's a "lefty". :D

Not that we're not allowed....

Just don't wish to waste our time...On the great movies like the one made on screwing an animal....

Or pay to watch two men or two women kissing and screwing each other....

NO THANKS..

There's plenty of others who will pay to go see it...

jillian
01-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Not that we're not allowed....

Just don't wish to waste our time...On the great movies like the one made on screwing an animal....

Or watching two men or two women kissing each other....

NO THANKS..

There's plenty of you all who will pay to go see it...

You do know, Steffie, that you can pick and choose the movies you like, right? Don't have to broadbrush the whole thing. *hugs* :p

stephanie
01-23-2007, 07:07 PM
You do know, Steffie, that you can pick and choose the movies you like, right? Don't have to broadbrush the whole thing. *hugs* :p

That seems to be all they are today, Jilly...:beer:

jillian
01-23-2007, 07:11 PM
That seems to be all they are today, Jilly...:beer:

Nah... some good stuff out there! If you haven't seen the nominated films, Steffie, you can't really critique them. :2up:

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Na...We just don't worship at the feet of egotistical, narcissistic, no talent, low life's... :lmao:

:lol: :lmao: :beer:

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 07:36 PM

Me either. Hollywierd is the biggest bunch of phoney, self congradulatory, freaks, geeks, wierdo's and faggots I've ever seen.

retiredman
01-23-2007, 08:50 PM
wow...what a bunch of sourpusses you conservative are! I am glad that the only thing that really makes me grumpy in life is the chimp in the white house and he'll be back in Crawford before you know it. My wife and I have seen so many wonderful movies over the years and they have brought joy and laughter and just the experience of watching really great art....

Honestly...I just saw Pan's Labyrinth this weekend and it was a stunningly good movie....

I just can't imagine how humorless and cultureless life must be if one's entertainment is limited to Hee Haw re-runs.

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 09:08 PM
wow...what a bunch of sourpusses you conservative are! I am glad that the only thing that really makes me grumpy in life is the chimp in the white house and he'll be back in Crawford before you know it. My wife and I have seen so many wonderful movies over the years and they have brought joy and laughter and just the experience of watching really great art....

Honestly...I just saw Pan's Labyrinth this weekend and it was a stunningly good movie....

I just can't imagine how humorless and cultureless life must be if one's entertainment is limited to Hee Haw re-runs.

Yes, the "can't have any fun conservatives" being judged, tarred and feathered, by the party animal, liberal, pool toy.

You take no back seat to insults here. For all your claims of rank and superiority, you sure can roll in the gutter with the best of them.

retiredman
01-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Yes, the "can't have any fun conservatives" being judged, tarred and feathered, by the party animal, liberal, pool toy.

You take no back seat to insults here. For all your claims of rank and superiority, you sure can roll in the gutter with the best of them.

I am a sailor...

but I have a shitload of fun in this world...I eat at weird "unAmerican" ethnic restaurants... I watch weird "unAmerican" foreign films.... my wife and I have a shitload of fun trying new and different "unAmerican" recipes on the weekends. I drive a very fast and very fun "unAmerican" german car. Like I said...my life is a lot of fun and the only thing I have that upsets me at all is the idiot in the white house. You conservatives just seem pissed off about damned near everything! Could it be that the midterm election gave you that feeling of impending doom and you can't quite shake it?

sucks to be you...and it's freakin' GREAT to be me!

Grumplestillskin
01-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Great, another thread devolving into a lib/con pissfest....:dunno:

Nate
01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
I am a sailor

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6166/1067934781sailor5gu.jpg

retiredman
01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
how droll.
how sophomoric.
did I stumble onto a site run by highschool dweebs?

Nate
01-23-2007, 09:30 PM
thhhhh-top it thilly!!!!!!!!!

:D

retiredman
01-23-2007, 09:33 PM
I guess that would be a Yes

Mr. P
01-23-2007, 09:35 PM
I am a sailor...

You're gay? Huh, explains alot.

retiredman
01-23-2007, 09:46 PM
You're gay? Huh, explains alot.

that all you got? "you're gay?" This site is inhabited by highschoolers, I swear!

what a loser.

Mr. P
01-23-2007, 09:55 PM
that all you got? "you're gay?" This site is inhabited by highschoolers, I swear!

what a loser.

You sure are. :laugh:

retiredman
01-23-2007, 10:01 PM
You sure are. :laugh:

Will "I'm rubber, you're glue" be your next witty riposte?

(I'm sorry if I stole your thunder)

jillian
01-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Now kiddies... can't we actually let my poor little thread be about the films and actors who were nominated for the awards? :wink2:

Now... has anyone seen any of the nominated work?

retiredman
01-23-2007, 10:06 PM
movies take a long time to get to Maine...I have seen The Departed and was somewhat amazed that Leo was nominated for Blood Diamond and not The Departed in which he was unbelievable.

Saw Dreamgirls and Jennifer Hudson has the best damned female voice I may have heard in the last three decades.

Pan's labyrinth was very very powerful and the buzz has it as a guarantee for best foreign film.

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I am a sailor...

but I have a shitload of fun in this world...I eat at weird "unAmerican" ethnic restaurants... I watch weird "unAmerican" foreign films.... my wife and I have a shitload of fun trying new and different "unAmerican" recipes on the weekends. I drive a very fast and very fun "unAmerican" german car. Like I said...my life is a lot of fun and the only thing I have that upsets me at all is the idiot in the white house. You conservatives just seem pissed off about damned near everything! Could it be that the midterm election gave you that feeling of impending doom and you can't quite shake it?

sucks to be you...and it's freakin' GREAT to be me!

Well, I wasn't an officer, but I did attain the rank of Master Seargant after eight years in the Air Force. We had JCSE at MacDill AFB, which is Joint Command Service Engagement. I met many Army, Marine, and Navy G.I.'s. So yes, I do have first hand experience of how drunk and disorderly squids can be. Not to disrespect all Naval personal, but you seem to have seperated yourself from the upper classed Seamen.

You seem more upset about our President by far than I am about the mid term elections. You're bitter and shrill just like your liberal brethren. The mid term elections were republicans sending a message to it's elected officials. "Get back to conservative values, or you won't be elected". I think they listened, and learned.

Suck's to be me? There is no possible way you could ever know. You're slinging mud seeing if it will stick anywhere. Nothing else. So, with that, we're going to take this mud slinging into the Steel Cage, because it's not going to continue in these threads. You're welcome to state your opinion as vulgar as you want, without personal attacks. Call me a conservative, tell me I'm wrong, tell me WHY I'm wrong, but keep the PERSONAL shit out of it.

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Now kiddies... can't we actually let my poor little thread be about the films and actors who were nominated for the awards? :wink2:

Yes, it is going to be Jill. Sorry for whatever disrailing I did.

Mr. P
01-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Will "I'm rubber, you're glue" be your next witty riposte?

(I'm sorry if I stole your thunder)

I know it excites you to carry on your grade school memories, but no, I tend not to play childish games. You’ll need to look elsewhere for a playmate.

01-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Which, of course, means we have to be humorless and not enjoy anything else, right?

*Yawn*

I kinda thought a thread about the Awards would be fun for the movie-goer types. Didn't really expect it to turn into a left/right morality play. :dev:

well if hollywood didnt make it a left/right morality play every year it wouldnt be. If they just shut up and entertained us, it wouldnt be like this.

The only thing amusing is that fact that such a shallow event is taken so seriously. There are so many things far more funny than the garbage that comes out of Hollywood.

01-23-2007, 11:06 PM

grumpy? about hollywood given themselves awards again? Hardly. Seeing it as completely ridiculous and shallow makes perfect sense.

You see movies can actually be entertaining. Watching idiots condescend to the public after giving themselves awards for pretending to be someone else, that is just pointless.

01-23-2007, 11:07 PM

Don't you just love the fact that since we dont want to listen to their political agenda being passed off as "entertainment" we are somehow not fun?

Give me sports or an actual movie rather than that drivel anyday.

Grumplestillskin
01-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Don't you just love the fact that since we dont want to listen to their political agenda being passed off as "entertainment" we are somehow not fun?

Give me sports or an actual movie rather than that drivel anyday.

What is their political agenda? What agenda in which movies? What movies are you talking about? What is an ACTUAL movie?

01-23-2007, 11:11 PM

I believe I already commented on Will Smith, but then that was ignored completely.

Instead i get accused of being dull for not wanting to watch people give themselves awards. For some reason, watching movies isnt entertainment by itself. You have to watch Hollywood give itself awards and pontificate on their political views to have fun.

What a nation we live in.

Grumplestillskin
01-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Instead i get accused of being dull for not wanting to watch people give themselves awards. For some reason, watching movies isnt entertainment by itself. You have to watch Hollywood give itself awards and pontificate on their political views to have fun.

What a nation we live in.

You see, I see it like you see sport. There are favourite movies and actors and performances, and I root for the ones I like, hope they win, and abuse the voters about their lack of movie-going nouse if they vote for the wrong person.

Don't get me wrong, I don't berate you for your POV. I mean millions of people like NASCAR, and I for the life of me couldn't think of a more boring way to spend my time (other than fishing maybe)...So, different folks, different strokes. What I do find amusing/weird/funny is that when it comes down to it, what most conservatives object to is the political overtones of some of the speeches and/or some of the movies themselves..

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 11:30 PM
What is their political agenda? What agenda in which movies? What movies are you talking about? What is an ACTUAL movie?

How about that butt poking, faggot, cowboy movie? You know. Slam Butt Mountain? The one they fell all over themselves congradulating themselves for being such progressive master's of the universe for? The one that was relagated to the bargain basement and forgotten two months later. If that wasn't a pro-homo agenda driven, queer bait, pervert flick, I don't know what would be.

Mr. P
01-24-2007, 12:48 AM
You see, I see it like you see sport. There are favourite movies and actors and performances, and I root for the ones I like, hope they win, and abuse the voters about their lack of movie-going nouse if they vote for the wrong person.

Don't get me wrong, I don't berate you for your POV. I mean millions of people like NASCAR, and I for the life of me couldn't think of a more boring way to spend my time (other than fishing maybe)...So, different folks, different strokes. What I do find amusing/weird/funny is that when it comes down to it, what most conservatives object to is the political overtones of some of the speeches and/or some of the movies themselves..

:eek: Now ya did it! Yea, NASCAR is mindless, watching cars go round and round, and the noise GEEEZZZZ! But fishing is worse? :eek:
Man o man...Grump..I'm speechless. I'll try to compose myself.

Pale Rider
01-24-2007, 01:37 AM
:eek: Now ya did it! Yea, NASCAR is mindless, watching cars go round and round, and the noise GEEEZZZZ! But fishing is worse? :eek:
Man o man...Grump..I'm speechless. I'll try to compose myself.

Did he say there was something wrong with "fishing"? I did NOT hear him say there was something wrong with "fishing"... http://www.swordfishingcentral.com/gallery/slideshow.php?set_albumName=babes-fishing :D

Mr. P
01-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Did he say there was something wrong with "fishing"? I did NOT hear him say there was something wrong with "fishing"... http://www.swordfishingcentral.com/gallery/slideshow.php?set_albumName=babes-fishing :D

Now I gotta take two NITRO pills an get ta bed..Damn you!!!!:D

Pale Rider
01-24-2007, 02:26 AM
Now I gotta take two NITRO pills an get ta bed..Damn you!!!!:D

Number 22 or 23, in there somewhere captioned, "Spanish Mackeral", would be better captioned, "HOLLY MACKERAL"... :eek: :laugh:

Grumplestillskin
01-24-2007, 03:38 AM
Now that the thread is completely disrailed, I'll continue. Sorry Mr P and Pale, but fishing just bores that crap outta me. I must be the only male in the whole country who finds it boring as hell. My old man owns a boat and goes fishing, most of my friends like or love it, hell, even the wife thinks it's ok, but me - B-O-R-I-N-G!!

retiredman
01-24-2007, 07:43 AM
How about that butt poking, faggot, cowboy movie? You know. Slam Butt Mountain? The one they fell all over themselves congradulating themselves for being such progressive master's of the universe for? The one that was relagated to the bargain basement and forgotten two months later. If that wasn't a pro-homo agenda driven, queer bait, pervert flick, I don't know what would be.

did you SEE brokeback mountain or are you one of those guys who reviews movies and passes out buckets of righteous indignant judgmental morality sight unseen?

dirt mcgirt
01-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Now that the thread is completely disrailed, I'll continue. Sorry Mr P and Pale, but fishing just bores that crap outta me. I must be the only male in the whole country who finds it boring as hell. My old man owns a boat and goes fishing, most of my friends like or love it, hell, even the wife thinks it's ok, but me - B-O-R-I-N-G!!
Boring? Maybe you're doing it wrong....

Are you casting a line into some water and waiting and waiting and waiting for some fish to bite?

What's not to like?

dirt mcgirt
01-24-2007, 08:56 AM
did you SEE brokeback mountain or are you one of those guys who reviews movies and passes out buckets of righteous indignant judgmental morality sight unseen?
Don't tell anyone but I thought Brokeback Mountain was a pretty decent movie. The cinematography was beautiful and the music was moving. The performances were outstanding. But again, don't say nothing, I wouldn't want anyone to know I liked it.

Hey anyone remember that South Park episode about Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls?

http://forum.hardware.fr/images/cartman_avatar.jpg
Cartman: Na dude, independent films are those black and white hippie movies. They're always about gay cowboys eating pudding.

http://www.carltondrama.org.uk/chronicle/2005_02_pics/south_park_wendy.jpg
Wendy: No they're not. Independent films are produced outside the hollywood system. They're movies without all the glitch and glamour of Hollywood.

http://home.houston.rr.com/casarez/cartman.jpg
Cartman: Well, you show one independent film that isn't about gay cowboys eating pudding.

jillian
01-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Boring? Maybe you're doing it wrong....

Are you casting a line into some water and waiting and waiting and waiting for some fish to bite?

What's not to like?

I think it's kinda like watching paint dry... my husband loves it, though. :dunno:

Pale Rider
01-24-2007, 10:30 AM

I'm am against homosexuality. I think it's a vile, perverted sickness. I will NOT subject myself to homosexual porn as some sort of experiment. The very thought of the sick sex acts queer men perform on the each other literaly turns my stomach. NO... I did NOT see the movie. There is NO NEED for me to see the movie. It's about FAGGOTS.

If you are a fag apologist and sympathizer, fine. I'm not. I'm an outspoken opponent, and the majority.

retiredman
01-24-2007, 10:32 AM
I asked if you were one of those guys who reviews movies and passes out buckets of righteous indignant judgmental morality sight unseen... All you had to say was "yes".

Pale Rider
01-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I asked if you were one of those guys who reviews movies and passes out buckets of righteous indignant judgmental morality sight unseen... All you had to say was "yes".

I answered your smartass question in all sincerity. Your reply is just more smartass. I'm getting sick of it. I'm going to give you a chance to reply to people whose opinions and views differ from yours in a little bit better tone.

Drop the smartass. Your passing out more than you're getting.

retiredman
01-24-2007, 10:51 AM
as someone who has seen the movie, and as someone who is heterosexual, I can tell you that your preconceived notions about it are incorrect. that was my point.

oh.... did we miss your 37th birthday a while back? My wife and I were married on New Year's Eve.... funny that.

Pale Rider
01-24-2007, 10:04 PM
as someone who has seen the movie, and as someone who is heterosexual, I can tell you that your preconceived notions about it are incorrect. that was my point.

oh.... did we miss your 37th birthday a while back? My wife and I were married on New Year's Eve.... funny that.

And I can tell you, my "notions" are not preconcieved. I did read reviews on the movie, that were quite explicit on it's content. It has homosexual SEX SCENES in it, and I've tried to tell you that that turns my stomach, as it does ANY heterosexual that's NORMAL. Evidently you feel men boning each other up the ass is somehow a turn on, or at LEAST you think it's OK. That is where we differ. My opinion is based in nature. You're opinion is based in perversion. Now who's "wrong"?