PDA

View Full Version : Biden: On Religion

DragonStryk72
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
So saw this making the rounds on facebook:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68042_290933487674405_1046201670_n.jpg

The part I'm gonna be going on about here is this one "I accept my Church's position on abortion... Life begins at conception. That's the church's judgment. I accept it in my personal life, but I refuse to impose it on equally devout Christians and Muslims and Jews and- I just refuse to impose that on others"

Okay, there are a couple of logical fallacies contained in the quoted portion. The first is that if you believe that life begins at conception, then as a leader in this country, you are MANDATED by your oath to protect that child's life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. This isn't just Biden, this is the stance on this point regardless. What he's saying here is that he is okay with baby murdering so that he doesn't have to "force" people to believe that murdering babies is wrong.

Meanwhile, the second problem is this: He is okay with trying to force others to his belief. He supported forcing catholic institutions to provide birth control, despite their beliefs that it's wrong. Despite all the people who believe Obamacare is wrong, he's still trying to cram that down our throats as well.

Being a leader in this country means that you ARE forcing your beliefs on others, for good or for ill.

Thunderknuckles
10-12-2012, 03:00 PM
I disagree with your first point. One should keep their personal religious beliefs clear of public policy. We wouldn't want the likes of Keith Ellison imposing his religious beliefs through policy would we?

I agree with your second point. Biden has no problem mandating that religious institutions do things that are clearly against their beliefs or even considered sinful. The Administration has no business doing this and should butt out.

aboutime
10-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Like Obama. I wasn't surprised to hear Biden making this statement. Most of us have known, or suspected that Joe would take the typical, liberal route concerning his religious beliefs.

So. To be fair to Joe Biden. I must now accept, or be convinced that HE...Joe Biden was one of the very first PARTIAL BIRTH Abortion victims who managed to live more than seventy years. Just to SMILE, and LIE as his Boss....The IMMACULATE MISS-CONCEPTION told him to do.