PDA

View Full Version : Food Stamps

Robert A Whit
10-12-2012, 03:49 PM
The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture , is actually proud of the fact that it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior , asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

gabosaurus
10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
http://cutecaptions.com/images/hey-reddit-meet-charles-derp/seriously-are-you-that-stupid-natu.jpg

Robert A Whit
10-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Gabby

At least i don't present myself as some mean looking dog. Don't you have something with class?

Kathianne
10-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Biden made the same point about Afghanistan. If 'Our Government', gives them stuff, they will become dependent and not be able to care for themselves.

fj1200
10-13-2012, 06:09 AM
http://cutecaptions.com/images/hey-reddit-meet-charles-derp/seriously-are-you-that-stupid-natu.jpg

Irony missed eh?

red states rule
10-13-2012, 06:13 AM
Biden made the same point about Afghanistan. If 'Our Government', gives them stuff, they will become dependent and not be able to care for themselves.

Which is exactly what liberals want

The end result of liberalism is making people dependent on government asistance, and strips people of any motivation to work hard and accumlate wealth

and their do gooder policies are designed to accompish just that

red states rule
10-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Irony missed eh?

http://www.thoughtsfromaconservativemom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/palin-liberal.jpg

Voted4Reagan
10-13-2012, 06:48 AM
If Gabby knew anything about hunting , she'd know that if you feed a wild animal it will the ability to find food on it's own and will become completely dependent on the food provided for it...

The original analogy is correct...

BTW... Feeding various species of game (Deer, Bear, Ducks, Geese, Turkeys and other species is ILLEGAL in most states.

red states rule
10-13-2012, 06:51 AM
If Gabby knew anything about hunting , she'd know that if you feed a wild animal it will the ability to find food on it's own and will become completely dependent on the food provided for it...

The original analogy is correct...

BTW... Feeding various species of game (Deer, Bear, Ducks, Geese, Turkeys and other species is ILLEGAL in most states.

I am a sucker for a homless cat. When I lived in a very rural area I fed the stray cats, provided them some shelter, and they hanged arund my place. (at least they did not go near the highway) and every morning they were waiting for food and often slept in the boxes I provided them (with blankets of course)

In time they died off but I was their source of food and water while they were alive

glockmail
10-13-2012, 06:58 AM
The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture , is actually proud of the fact that it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior , asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

Back to the subject of food stamps. The way to make this program both beneficial and small is to make it a card system where the food that can be purchased is only basic stuff, like rice, beans, common vegetables and inexpensive canned meats.

red states rule
10-13-2012, 07:29 AM
http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/food-stamp.gif

Robert A Whit
10-13-2012, 12:00 PM

I believe in the concept that the MORE you give out FOR FREE, to anybody, the less likely they are to try to add to what they got for FREE.

Let me tell you a story, all too typical with people I have had work for me as RE agents.

They will show up pleading to get a higher percent of the sale or purchase.

Now, I am not at all greedy. I am a businessman.

I know human nature. I tell them that even if I raise their percentage, they will not make more money. They earn right now what they feel they are entitled to earn. That to raise the commission leads to less sales.

Every time I bow to them and raise their percentage, this happens. They don't make a dime more in earnings.

Now, RE is both the hardest job and the easiest job.

When you see agents make a lot of money, it is because they have very good work ethics. They have a desire to rise to the top. They love the job.

I have taught many agents that to sell RE, you must get off your behind and go see at least 10 homes for sale per day. The rest of your time needs to be spent seeking listings of homes to sell at prices the market will bear.

Add up 10 homes per day and at worst, you see 50 to 60 per week. Don't you think that the agent seeing that many learns the market and knows what is for sale and knows very well how the properties look?

Then a buyer shows up. The Buyer expects currrent information. Said agent knows the information. He or she listens to the buyer and asks the proper questions to learn what the buyer wants and needs and can afford. The agent up on the market now knows what to show.

A good agent saves the client a lot of time. People don't often really know their own town unless it is a village. But you would be surprised at properties in your own city that you would be amazed to see.

Raising commissions is not the way to make more money. When agents produce a lot on their own, I will offer them a higher commission. They don't need to ask for it. I want them to make more.

Human nature works that way. The easy way to tell what agents will earn is to reward them for setting goals. Pay them for being accurate. If they want to BS you, they won't earn a bonus for meeting their goals. But if they reach the goal, a reward is there for them. Funny, I do know human nature. Works like clockwork.

Robert A Whit
10-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Back to the subject of food stamps. The way to make this program both beneficial and small is to make it a card system where the food that can be purchased is only basic stuff, like rice, beans, common vegetables and inexpensive canned meats.

I have learned a few things about CA food stamps. First they don't give you food stamps. They send out a card that really is a debit card. When used, it deducts from some state account.

They instruct in writing what is banned to buy. No, you can't buy booze. But they are not all that generous. You can get far more food with no hassle at the local food bank.

Let's compare. The Food bank and state has income figures they work off. The state forces you to prove it. The food bank takes your word. The state will force you to sit down with a worker for a couple of hours after you fill out the forms they give you amounting to maybe 20 pages of forms.

The Food bank has a one page form and you simply turn it in and get food.

What can you get from both?

CA will give you a card worth $16 per month for a single person who has an income of say $1,200 per month. SS pays many people no more than that.

The Food bank will give you a totally full shopping cart full of food two times per month and I value that cart at something in the area of $50-70 depending on what they have on hand that day. Just bread alone will add up to close to $10. They give a bag of can goods that has to be worth about $12. Then you get a lot of fruit. And of course greens. And bags of potatos.

Compare

State $16 per month
Food bank, non government of course, non profit and you get maybe $100. For a single person.

And then Biden sneers we want them to go private on SS and Medicare. ROFLMAO

Robert A Whit
10-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I am a sucker for a homless cat. When I lived in a very rural area I fed the stray cats, provided them some shelter, and they hanged arund my place. (at least they did not go near the highway) and every morning they were waiting for food and often slept in the boxes I provided them (with blankets of course)

In time they died off but I was their source of food and water while they were alive

My youngest sister depended on my parents for shelter till they died. Dad died in 1995 at age 76 and she had lived there for something like 30 years by that time.

She noticed some wild cats so she put out food.

Guess what also showed up. She got skunks. She got racoons by the bunches. Imagine you look out the front window and on the porch is a dozen racoons.

And of course the wild cats breed often and with great delight.

Racoons can sure look like they could be your pal. But trust me, they will damage your house trying to get into it for your food.

red states rule
10-14-2012, 06:17 AM
My youngest sister depended on my parents for shelter till they died. Dad died in 1995 at age 76 and she had lived there for something like 30 years by that time.

She noticed some wild cats so she put out food.

Guess what also showed up. She got skunks. She got racoons by the bunches. Imagine you look out the front window and on the porch is a dozen racoons.

And of course the wild cats breed often and with great delight.

Racoons can sure look like they could be your pal. But trust me, they will damage your house trying to get into it for your food.

I never had a problem with other animals showing up for food - only the strays. I did several in either they allowed me to get close (most did not) or they were sick and I nursed them back to health

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3218/2693437258_9a0245a320_m.jpg

Herbie was the last one I took in and he was very sick. But he was a fighter and now he is a very healthy cat who is still a kitten at heart

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3234/3042109824_6ca4003788.jpg?v=0