PDA

View Full Version : Camo fatigues...accent on the fatigue.

logroller
10-13-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm going to a costume party that has camo as its theme. So I go to the surplus store and score a British NBC set for $20, marked down from $59. im thinking it has a twenty-year shelf life or something, because every one was made in 1991/1992. regardless of expiration, it hasnt given way too much in the permeability dept-- i think rain slickers breath better than this. I'm hoping this is an outdoor party, or I'm gonna be miserable. I'd rather not imagine what it's like to train, let alone be in desert combat wearing this thing.

Gaffer
10-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm going to a costume party that has camo as its theme. So I go to the surplus store and score a British NBC set for $20, marked down from $59. im thinking it has a twenty-year shelf life or something, because every one was made in 1991/1992. regardless of expiration, it hasnt given way too much in the permeability dept-- i think rain slickers breath better than this. I'm hoping this is an outdoor party, or I'm gonna be miserable. I'd rather not imagine what it's like to train, let alone be in desert combat wearing this thing.

If it "breathes" it won't protect you. My guess is you won't last half an hour in that outfit. :poke: