PDA

View Full Version : Media still at it: ABC "poll" finds Obama ahead 49%-46%...after asking 35% more Dems!

Little-Acorn
10-15-2012, 11:57 AM
You have to give the liberal media credit for persistence. They are still doing their best to slant polls in favor of Obama.

Their latest effort doesn't list the actual numbers of Democrats, Republicans, etc. they asked. But it says that, among "likely voters", they are counting 35% Democrats, only 26% Republicans, and 33% Independents. This 9% advantage of Dems over Republicans, amounts to 34.6% of the entire Republican count!

But did Obama get 34.6% more votes in the poll, than Republicans? Nope, try 6.5% more, which is what the 49-46 outcome difference measures out compared to the Republican score.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/postabcpoll_20121013.html

The actual conclusion this poll shows?

If equal numbers of Dems and Republicans vote on Nov. 6, and they vote the same way they did in this "poll", Romney will win by twenty-something percent.

And keep in mind that in the 2010 national election after the American people had had a few years of seeing how Obama actually ran things, **MORE* Republicans voted than Democrats... :read:

Does anybody think the American people are any happier with Obama now than they were then?

mundame
10-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I worked through the figures and I can't see how it makes sense to add Dems. I suppose they are trying to somehow get the same proportion of Dems and GOPers in the sample as in the population, but ..... some states are full of Republicans and some full of Democrats and I question if a thousand-person sample can deal with all that variation and still make any sense.

Anyway, nothing matters except the battleground states. My state (Maryland) is Obama by 23 points, and all but about ten states are in that situation, or the reverse where Romney is "safe," so we're all really waiting on Ohio, mainly.

Little-Acorn
10-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Anyway, nothing matters except the battleground states. My state (Maryland) is Obama by 23 points, and all but about ten states are in that situation, or the reverse where Romney is "safe," so we're all really waiting on Ohio, mainly.

Several weeks ago, Ohio got moved from the "Strongly Obama" column to the "Leaning Obama" column by RealClearPolitics.com.

And just a day or two ago, they moved Ohio from the "Leaning Obama" column to the "Toss-up" column.

And that is taken mostly from polls that habitually show Obama farther ahead than he really is.

And the election is in three weeks.

Ohio is right on schedule, I'd say. :thumb:

gabosaurus
10-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Right now, Obama is clearly leading among Latinos, blacks, women, under 25's and muppets.

Romney clearly has some work left to do.

aboutime
10-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Right now, Obama is clearly leading among Latinos, blacks, women, under 25's and muppets.

You forgot to include 'the easily led', gullible, dependent, and miserably under-educated on that list as well Gabby.

Kathianne
10-15-2012, 06:22 PM

Those are great groups to be leading with, regarding 'likely voters.' ;)

Little-Acorn
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
You forgot to include 'the easily led', gullible, dependent, and miserably under-educated on that list as well Gabby.

No, she didn't.

gabosaurus
10-15-2012, 09:25 PM
I didn't include the easily led, gullible, dependent, and miserably under-educated on my list because that group is almost entirely Republican.
Liberals don't need a TV station or radio talk show hosts to make our decisions for us. And because we are educated, we are out working each day instead of posting on message board or reading/authoring right-wing blogs.