PDA

View Full Version : Couple Says Motorist Littered Kittens

nevadamedic
05-26-2007, 04:25 AM
SAN ANTONIO -- A couple said they saw a driver throwing kittens out of a car window like trash while driving on Thursday morning.

Rosie and Scott Ybarra said they watched a motorist toss a small kitten and a couple of others while driving in the 200 block of Babcock Road.

Rosie Ybarra said she and her husband said they thought the man had hit a puppy, but after they looked closer the couple saw the kittens. The Ybarras managed to save one of the kittens.

"I saw this car, and it looked like he had hit a puppy," Rosie Ybarra said while holding the lone surviving kitten she now calls Sunshine. "Then we put two and two together and said, 'Oh my God!' It's not that he hit it, he dumped it and he's doing it again."

The Ybarras got a description of the car and reported the incident to police and the Humane Society.

"We need to find who's responsible for this," Cathy McCoy of the SPCA said. "He needs to get help and he needs to be punished so it doesn't escalate."

Police said they have some leads in the animal cruelty case.

Ybarra said she thinks she and her husband were meant to be in the location at the right time to save Sunshine.

"It breaks my heart to think something would happen to her," she said.

http://www.ksat.com/news/13387179/detail.html?subid=22100443&qs=1;bp=t

What kind of creep foes something like this?