PDA

View Full Version : Sick children

gabosaurus
10-16-2012, 01:31 PM
One of the most challenging problems of adoption is not being aware of your child's inherited medical conditions. It is obvious that my daughter has some sort of immune disorder. She get sick at the drop of a hat.
Currently, she has a virus. Normally, I could get my mom to watch her. But she had already agree to substitute teach this week. So I get to stay home.
At least the new Jason Aldean album came out today, so she can be entertained by that. Such a cute guy. :cool:

Nukeman
10-16-2012, 01:37 PM
One of the most challenging problems of adoption is not being aware of your child's inherited medical conditions. It is obvious that my daughter has some sort of immune disorder. She get sick at the drop of a hat.
Currently, she has a virus. Normally, I could get my mom to watch her. But she had already agree to substitute teach this week. So I get to stay home.
At least the new Jason Aldean album came out today, so she can be entertained by that. Such a cute guy. :cool:Something to try. I don't know if you use a lot of "anti-bacterial" soaps and cleaners but I would use them sparingly if I were you. These have a tendancy to destroy the weak bacteria but leave the stronger to multiply. We rarely use these in our home and I can not tell the last time I had a child at the Drs. office for being sick (only stiches and the like for us).

I am not saying this works for everyone but if your kids are not exposed to weakend variety of germs they will not develope the needed antibodies to fight of stronger ones.. just my 2 cents worth!!!:thumb:

gabosaurus
10-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks Nukeman. My doctor has told me this in the past.
We use common bar soap. Dove, I think it is. Very low on added ingredients with a lot of moisturizers.

Kathianne
10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks Nukeman. My doctor has told me this in the past.
We use common bar soap. Dove, I think it is. Very low on added ingredients with a lot of moisturizers.

Smart. I only use anti-bacterial at schools, when there's lots of coughing, sneezing. Not so bad here the last couple weeks, but beginning of the school year, wanted to bathe in it. LOL!

jimnyc
10-16-2012, 03:56 PM
At least the new Jason Aldean album came out today, so she can be entertained by that. Such a cute guy. :cool:

Hope she feels better! And I know it doesn't help during the day, but I believe tonight is NCIS and NCIS:LA!

Abbey Marie
10-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Feel better, daughter of Gabby!

As for the anti-bacterials, I think it is wise to let kids be exposed to mundane germs and build up resistance. But as an adult, I've already had my share of colds and flus. I keep Purell on my desk and in my car. I wash my hands with soap and water as soon as I come in the house, and I specifically ALWAYS use Purell after handling filthy luchre. I've heard where some of that money has been.
:puke3:

Kathianne
10-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Hope she feels better! And I know it doesn't help during the day, but I believe tonight is NCIS and NCIS:LA!

Debate, debate! :)

gabosaurus
10-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Tonight is Tigers vs. Yankees, game three of the American League championship series.
My daughter will likely either be sleeping or listening to the new Jason Aldean album. She doesn't care much for baseball. :(

Abbey Marie
10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Tonight is Tigers vs. Yankees, game three of the American League championship series.
My daughter will likely either be sleeping or listening to the new Jason Aldean album. She doesn't care much for baseball. :(

Wise girl. :cool:

gabosaurus
10-16-2012, 05:16 PM
I have failed as a baseball loving mom.
I blame my husband for this. He doesn't care for sports.
My marriage has mixed up gender values. :laugh: