PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore Snags Two Oscar Nominations

stephanie
01-23-2007, 05:16 PM
What a joke... This why I can't take the Oscars seriously....And let's not forget.....Farenhype 911:lmao:

Who says politics is show business for ugly people? "An Inconvenient Truth," Al Gore's film on the perils of global warming, scored two Oscar nominations Tuesday - for best documentary feature and best original song.

While he is not technically a nominee - the film's director, David Guggenheim, won the nod, as did singer Melissa Etheridge for the song "I Need to Wake Up" - Gore said he was "thrilled" that his movie was honored.

"The film . . . has brought awareness of the climate crisis to people in the United States and all over the world," Gore said in an e-mail statement. "I am so grateful to the entire team and pleased that the Academy has recognized their work. This film proves that movies really can make a difference."

Aides say the former vice president plans to walk the red carpet with Hollywood's beautiful people at the Academy Awards ceremony next month.

"An Inconvenient Truth" has been a critical and box office success, bringing in more than $24 million to make it the third highest-grossing documentary in history. A companion book has been on national best-seller lists for months.
Other films nominated for best documentary feature include "Deliver Us From Evil," about the sexual abuse scandal in the Catholic Church; "Iraq in Fragments," about the Sunni-Shiite conflict in that country; "Jesus Camp," about a summer camp for evangelical Christians, and "My Country, My Country," about the months leading up to the January 2005 elections in Iraq.
Gore narrowly lost the 2000 presidential contest to Republican George W. Bush in a disputed election. He has said he's not planning to run for president again but also has not ruled it out. :eek:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/1/23/113614.shtml?s=ic

darin
01-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Now is the time for critics to vote for a new Oscar Category - Best Docu/Drama.

That film just lied...a lot.

stephanie
01-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Take a look at the other docudramas up for Oscars....

Two anti religion..

Two anti Iraq...

And Al Gores......The world is coming to an end....Unless you give us lots of Money, so we can fix it....

:pee: