PDA

View Full Version : To CADET.

aboutime
10-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I would like to apologize to our member 'cadet' here, for being, or sounding much too critical, and probably being totally unfair in my methods of arguing about people concerning their Religious beliefs, and faith.

Please accept my apology for being so overbearing, and seeming unreasonable with my words directed your way.

Unfortunately. I have a tendency to take much of what I read, and argue over here...much too seriously, as I expect everyone to be as in tune with our life challenges, without fail, or excuse.

It comes from being rather self-centered, and pragmatic. Wanting to believe how everyone is, from the outset of any discussion, fully informed BEFORE they venture into the LOUD, ECHO-CHAMBER world of politics, and religion.

I should remind myself that My Parents. Now long gone. Always warned me to avoid two topics, whenever possible, that would always end in some kind of endless argument. And those two topics are POLITICS, and RELIGION.

What has changed in today's world, that differs from the many decades ago...when my parents said those things is. The Internet, and the Instant methods we all use to communicate so swiftly....within minutes, or seconds where NEWS is now 24/7, and not as it once was...at the 5 or 6p.m hour on only 3 Television channels.

Please accept my apology for being such a PAIN IN THE BUTT. I hope you will use this FORUM as a place to learn, and learn well. How the rest of the world just ISN'T ALWAYS ROSY, and PERFECT.
Thanks for listening.

cadet
10-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I would like to apologize to our member 'cadet' here, for being, or sounding much too critical, and probably being totally unfair in my methods of arguing about people concerning their Religious beliefs, and faith.

Please accept my apology for being so overbearing, and seeming unreasonable with my words directed your way.

Unfortunately. I have a tendency to take much of what I read, and argue over here...much too seriously, as I expect everyone to be as in tune with our life challenges, without fail, or excuse.

It comes from being rather self-centered, and pragmatic. Wanting to believe how everyone is, from the outset of any discussion, fully informed BEFORE they venture into the LOUD, ECHO-CHAMBER world of politics, and religion.

I should remind myself that My Parents. Now long gone. Always warned me to avoid two topics, whenever possible, that would always end in some kind of endless argument. And those two topics are POLITICS, and RELIGION.

What has changed in today's world, that differs from the many decades ago...when my parents said those things is. The Internet, and the Instant methods we all use to communicate so swiftly....within minutes, or seconds where NEWS is now 24/7, and not as it once was...at the 5 or 6p.m hour on only 3 Television channels.

Please accept my apology for being such a PAIN IN THE BUTT. I hope you will use this FORUM as a place to learn, and learn well. How the rest of the world just ISN'T ALWAYS ROSY, and PERFECT.
Thanks for listening.

Thank you very much for the post. I apologize for being obstinate, and I very much look forward to future debates.

Other then that, I really don't know what to say. Thank you.

cadet
10-19-2012, 02:38 PM
I understand that most things come out wrong in print when read over by other people, and thank you for the courage of being able to put up that post.

aboutime
10-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you very much for the post. I apologize for being obstinate, and I very much look forward to future debates.

Other then that, I really don't know what to say. Thank you.

No need, cadet. All of this is why 'They put erasers on Pencils', and everybody makes mistakes.

Learn. Learn, Learn. Knowledge is Power.