PDA

View Full Version : Could U.S. military have helped during Libya attack?

red states rule
10-21-2012, 07:51 AM
The plot thickens as the pleas for help went unamswered of the people murdered at the embassy

What the hell was goiong on in DC as they watched the attack take place in real time?

The closer we get to the election, the harder Republicans in Congress are pushing for answers to a big question: What really happened in the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya last month that killed the U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans? Some lawmakers are asking why U.S. military help from outside Libya didn't arrive as terrorists battered more than 30 Americans over the course of more than seven hours. The assault was launched by an armed mob of dozens that torched buildings and used rocket propelled grenades, mortars and AK-47 rifles.
CBS News has been told that, hours after the attack began, an unmanned Predator drone was sent over the U.S. mission in Benghazi, and that the drone and other reconnaissance aircraft apparently observed the final hours of the protracted battle.
The State Department, White House and Pentagon declined to say what military options were available. A White House official told CBS News that, at the start of the attack, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Martin Dempsey and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta "looked at available options, and the ones we exercised had our military forces arrive in less than 24 hours, well ahead of timelines laid out in established policies."
But it was too late to help the Americans in Benghazi. The ambassador and three others were dead.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-33816_162-57536611/could-u.s-military-have-helped-during-libya-attack/

Gaffer
10-21-2012, 08:20 AM
But there was a destroyer off the coast. It was there to do what? Intimidate? Where did the drone come from? Was it local?

In 1967 my brigade was able to be anywhere in the world in 18 hours. Now they are gonna tell me they couldn't get anyone there in this day and age? I call bull shit on all of them.

Just like with clinton's administration, EVERYONE is afraid to act.

red states rule
10-21-2012, 08:23 AM
But there was a destroyer off the coast. It was there to do what? Intimidate? Where did the drone come from? Was it local?

In 1967 my brigade was able to be anywhere in the world in 18 hours. Now they are gonna tell me they couldn't get anyone there in this day and age? I call bull shit on all of them.

It is clear, DOD, State Dept, the White House all watched this happening LIVE and they did nothing. Four US citizens are murdered the liberal media ignore this story simply out of loyality to Obama

This is how low "journalism" has sunk and Obama goes off to a fundraiser the day after the attack

red states rule
10-22-2012, 03:02 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc10436720121019120000.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-22-2012, 07:59 AM

Obam was busy looking for an aspirin factory to blow up or was that to build?-;)

Gaffer
10-22-2012, 08:34 AM
The more I hear and read about this attack the more it stinks. A ten hour gun battle with 30 American and Libyan security fight off al quead attackers. Watched on live feed from security cams and a drone over head. They can get a drone there but not any military forces? Why wasn't a Marine platoon landed at the facility to secure it and rescue any trapped survivors?

I'm starting to think this was all pure politics. There is no al qeada, there is no terrorism, all's right with the world, vote for me.

aboutime
10-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Obama and company were just too busy, planning for his trip to Las Vegas to be bothered with Bumps in the Road, or things like the lives of four Americans who had no input into his (Obama's) election chances.

The Ambassador Obama Ignored, who was killed. Dared to ruin Obama's chances by insisting there was something Terrible going on in Benghazi....something that was 180 out from what Obama, Hillary, and the Dems wanted to hear...a month before the election.

Remember. The Muslim Brotherhood idea of a Wonderful Obama Peace in the Middle East is what they demanded was taking place.

Obama can't be bothered by actual Reality. It's more important to Pretend to be Everybody's Friend...when demanding Votes.

fj1200
10-22-2012, 08:42 AM
The more I hear and read about this attack the more it stinks. A ten hour gun battle with 30 American and Libyan security fight off al quead attackers. Watched on live feed from security cams and a drone over head. They can get a drone there but not any military forces? Why wasn't a Marine platoon landed at the facility to secure it and rescue any trapped survivors?

I'm starting to think this was all pure politics. There is no al qeada, there is no terrorism, all's right with the world, vote for me.

Weren't the drones likely still in the area after what we did to help the rebels while it takes much longer to get forces in there? I can imagine the marines chomping at the bit to get in there and just as easily imagine BO balking at any help lest he look like Jimmy circa 1979.

Gaffer
10-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Weren't the drones likely still in the area after what we did to help the rebels while it takes much longer to get forces in there? I can imagine the marines chomping at the bit to get in there and just as easily imagine BO balking at any help lest he look like Jimmy circa 1979.

It's likely the drones were still in use following the civil war. And there was a destroyer stationed off the coast and who knows what other ships might have been in the area. They could have brought troops in from almost anywhere within ten hours. The compound was not even secured a week later. The FBI couldn't begin their investigation because of security reasons. There's just no excuse for this. This is total incompetence.

carter had his rescue attempt which failed dramatically. This is the current administrations same failed attempt to do nothing and costing American lives. Abject failure that's going to cost the dark one the election. History repeats itself. Not always exactly the same but a repeat none the less. It's 1979 all over again.