PDA

View Full Version : Carpal Tunnel

WiccanLiberal
10-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Anybody here had the surgery? Any good tips on how to get the fingers working again afterward? I am having my right hand done first next Friday. I already have an exercise ball for the hand. I am just dreading the next week because I have to go completely off the ibuprofen and still function at work. I'm certainly going to take advantage of PT but sometimes the best advice is from those who have actually been through the process.

mundame
10-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Anybody here had the surgery? Any good tips on how to get the fingers working again afterward? I am having my right hand done first next Friday. I already have an exercise ball for the hand. I am just dreading the next week because I have to go completely off the ibuprofen and still function at work. I'm certainly going to take advantage of PT but sometimes the best advice is from those who have actually been through the process.

You will LOVE it! It's a total, absolute cure.

My husband had it done. Of course he was a little sore for a few weeks, but he was really a mess before the surgery --- carpal tunnel syndrome has really disabling symptoms. He was using a computer keyboard too high up -- when the ergonomic keyboards came around, he didn't get one.

NO problems since, either hand.

WiccanLiberal
10-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Great to hear. Right now I am getting the numbness, tingling, trigger finger and pain, both hands, but the right is worse so it's being done first.