PDA

View Full Version : Morsi mouths ‘Amen’ as Egyptian preacher urges ‘Allah, destroy the Jews’

tailfins
10-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Morsi mouths ‘Amen’ as Egyptian preacher urges ‘Allah, destroy the Jews’
http://www.timesofisrael.com/in-morsis-presence-egyptian-preacher-urges-allah-destroy-the-jews/

jafar00
10-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Morsi mouths ‘Amen’ as Egyptian preacher urges ‘Allah, destroy the Jews’http://www.timesofisrael.com/in-morsis-presence-egyptian-preacher-urges-allah-destroy-the-jews/I'd like to hear the arabic, not read a Memri interpretation.Oh, and Muslims say Ameen, not Amen.

jimnyc
10-22-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd like to hear the arabic, not read a Memri interpretation.Oh, and Muslims say Ameen, not Amen.

Why even be in attendance at a place where they are wishing the destruction of ALL jews? Why not publicly condemn what he heard?

tailfins
10-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Why even be in attendance at a place where they are wishing the destruction of ALL jews? Why not publicly condemn what he heard?

Good point. While I don't agree with discrimination against someone solely for being a Muslim, a head of state attending and not condemning this kind of mentality is unconscionable.

jafar00
10-22-2012, 09:45 PM

Again, I would like to hear it for myself, unedited and definitely NOT from Memri.

jimnyc
10-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Again, I would like to hear it for myself, unedited and definitely NOT from Memri.

Have at it, it was televised on Egyptian TV already, I'm sure you can find video of it. Better yet...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SsAx41lv9tw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Have at it, it was televised on Egyptian TV already, I'm sure you can find video of it. Better yet...

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SsAx41lv9tw" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

HAHA, THEY PRAY TO ALLAH TO DO A THING . THEN THEY IMMEDIATELY SET OUT TO DO IT THEMSELVES!
I GUESS THEY PLACE NO FAITH IN THEIR PUNY GOD ANSWERING A PRAYER!
Hows that work there JAFAR? Where is the faith for Allah to actually act?--Tyr

jimnyc
10-22-2012, 10:13 PM
HAHA, THEY PRAY TO ALLAH TO DO A THING . THEN THEY IMMEDIATELY SET OUT TO DO IT THEMSELVES!
I GUESS THEY PLACE NO FAITH IN THEIR PUNY GOD ANSWERING A PRAYER!
Hows that work there JAFAR? Where is the faith for Allah to actually act?--Tyr

At the very least, it shows the leader of Egypt, now on a national stage, sitting in on prayers that calls for the destruction of jews. And quite frankly, this shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

gabosaurus
10-22-2012, 10:13 PM
I didn't catch anything so discernible. Perhaps you someone of you are putting words in his mouth.
And if he did say "Amen," what did you expect?

jimnyc
10-22-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't catch anything so discernible. Perhaps you someone of you are putting words in his mouth.
And if he did say "Amen," what did you expect?

I would expect a world leader to walk out of a place that is in the midst of calling for the death of jews. Not exactly what one expects from world leaders, unless you're in Iran, and now Egypt.

gabosaurus
10-22-2012, 10:24 PM
I would expect a world leader to walk out of a place that is in the midst of calling for the death of jews. Not exactly what one expects from world leaders, unless you're in Iran, and now Egypt.

That is preposterous. It's one religion vs. the other. I am guessing that Jewish folks pray for the demise of their enemies as well.
But do keep beating the dead horse.

jimnyc
10-22-2012, 10:26 PM
That is preposterous. It's one religion vs. the other. I am guessing that Jewish folks pray for the demise of their enemies as well.
But do keep beating the dead horse.

Whatever, it's not surprising that you wouldn't understand the difference between "jewish folks" and a world leader.

tailfins
10-23-2012, 06:25 AM
Whatever, it's not surprising that you wouldn't understand the difference between "jewish folks" and a world leader.

Too many people on this message board don't understand the difference between "muslim folks" and terrorist leaders who happen/claim to be muslim. I was listening to commentary this morning that points out Obama helped oust Mubarak knowing that a repressive alternative would fill the vacuum.

jimnyc
10-23-2012, 02:22 PM
I thought for sure that Jafar would have returned to give an excuse as to why it's acceptable for this Muslim leader to sit in on talk of eliminating Jews... Btw - I had this translated by an Arabic speaking Muslim - spot on.

jafar00
10-23-2012, 09:36 PM
I thought for sure that Jafar would have returned to give an excuse as to why it's acceptable for this Muslim leader to sit in on talk of eliminating Jews... Btw - I had this translated by an Arabic speaking Muslim - spot on.

Yes. But I note that the speech doesn't fit the Imam's lips. No did I see Morsi mouth "Ameen" in response, and knowing Memri, Morsi could have been edited in after from an unrelated video. But anyway....

jimnyc
10-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Yes. But I note that the speech doesn't fit the Imam's lips. No did I see Morsi mouth "Ameen" in response, and knowing Memri, Morsi could have been edited in after from an unrelated video. But anyway....

Sure, anything to avoid admitting that another Islamic leader has no issue with wishing death on all Jews, and now Egypt joins the ranks of Iran. Just like so many Muslims teach their kids from a young age on to hate Jews. Why it would be surprising to anyone that such animals wish death on entire countries and such is beyond me. And also not surprising that 'some' make excuses rather than condemn the behavior. True colors shine brighter and brighter.

10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Not surprising. He wants to kill the Jews and war with Israel.

jimnyc
10-24-2012, 03:34 PM
I have an Algerian friend, Arabic and French speaking, who watched this on broadcast TV. Apparently, a large portion of the area is NOT fond of the Brotherhood being in town. Regardless, he has confirmed that this is exactly what he saw on TV himself and the wording is accurate. I had another friend, who is Iranian, who didn't see it live, but has also confirmed what is stated in the video.

jimnyc
10-24-2012, 03:53 PM
The Wiesenthal center has addressed this issue, something I doubt they would have had it been "made up"... I still say, and have said since these idiots gained control, the US should stop sending any aid to them.

The head of the Muslim Brotherhood's political party said his goal in Egypt is to "institute Islamic Sharia law."

Saad al-Katatny was elected chairman of the Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party earlier this month.

According to the Jerusalem Post, he said his FJP victory is the step in achieving his goal.

"The Muslim Brotherhood established the FJP to represent the Brotherhood's political project, which, in the end, will be a wise government that will institute Islamic Sharia law," Katatny said.

Meanwhile, Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi has come under fire from the Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Jewish group that monitors anti-Semitism worldwide.

The group issued a strong condemnation of Morsi's attendance at a sermon where Muslim cleric Futouh Abd al-Nabi Mansour called for "the destruction and the dispersal of the Jews."

The sermon, aired on state television in Egypt, shows Morsi, a former leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, nodding and saying "amen" to the cleric's prayer.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center is calling on President Obama to condemn the "growing chorus of anti-Semitism in the Middle East led by the Muslim Brotherhood."

"This is a slap in the face to America as Egypt's President Morsi pockets billions in U.S. aid and says 'amen' to principles that are repugnant to all Americans," Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean and founder of the Wiesenthal Center, and Rabbi Abraham Cooper, the Center's associate dean, said in a joint statement.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2012/October/New-Brotherhood-Chair-Calls-for-Sharia-in-Egypt/

gabosaurus
10-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Not surprising. He wants to kill the Jews and war with Israel.

And this is surprising...why? Israelis want to kill Arabs, who want to kill Israelis. And so on...

10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
And this is surprising...why? Israelis want to kill Arabs, who want to kill Israelis. And so on...

which is, of course, why Israel has signed a peace treaty with Egypt and hasnt gone to war with them in decades. Because they clearly want the Egyptians dead.

Morsi is changing Egyptian policy and it's alot more radical than some would like you to believe.

tailfins
10-24-2012, 05:37 PM

Not the Israeli head of state, Netanyahu. He stands up against prejudice.

jafar00
10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Not the Israeli head of state, Netanyahu. He stands up against prejudice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2krXq8fw90

Drummond
10-24-2012, 08:20 PM

Does Israel have no Arabs living within its territory ? Are they all being hunted down and killed as you're reading this ?

And besides, there's a fundamental difference. Israel's so-called 'aggression' is prompted by their ongoing wish to survive and prosper. But their Arab opposition ideally want them destroyed. One side is the aggressor, the other concerned with its defence.

Iran's regime wants Israel wiped off the map. Does Israel call for any equivalent against Iran ? EVER ?

After all ... if Israel really wanted to achieve Iran's annihilation, who believes they could be stopped from enacting it ?

jimnyc
10-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Does Israel have no Arabs living within its territory ? Are they all being hunted down and killed as you're reading this ?

Iran's regime wants Israel wiped off the map. Does Israel call for any equivalent against Iran ? EVER ?

Animals Vs. Humans

Abbey Marie
10-25-2012, 11:48 AM
From Jim's post:

The Simon Wiesenthal Center is calling on President Obama to condemn the "growing chorus of anti-Semitism in the Middle East led by the Muslim Brotherhood."

Yeah, good luck with that one. :rolleyes: