PDA

View Full Version : Somebody explain this statement to me

gabosaurus
10-22-2012, 10:09 PM
I didn't hear it directly, so perhaps it needs to be interpreted. Anyone want to put a good spin on this one?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554091_10151140058033992_652686629_n.jpg

10-22-2012, 10:18 PM
how about the obvious one to the Mediteranean sea... You know, the one Iran has to go through Syria to get to.

gabosaurus
10-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Wouldn't they have to go through Iraq first? Or is that a given for some reason?

Kathianne
10-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Syria is Iran's proxy. Weapons from Iran come through Syrian ports. Syria provides aid and comfort to Iranian fighters.

Anton Chigurh
10-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Syria is also where Saddam's WMDs went to, and Syria is now using them on their own people.

Kathianne
10-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Syria is also where Saddam's WMDs went to, and Syria is now using them on their own people.

Indeed. When I said, 'Iran's fighters' that would include all whom are allies of Iran, including Hezbollah, al Qaeda, etc.

I though all knew that, Gabby?

Robert A Whit
10-23-2012, 01:52 AM
57 states Obama claimed. LOL

Who can forget that gaffe.

Yes, Romney did put it just that way Gabby.

I have seen dozens of gaffes by Obama.

I have seen worse examples of Obama not knowing geography and it is right in the USA of all places. :laugh:

DragonStryk72
10-23-2012, 04:47 AM
I didn't hear it directly, so perhaps it needs to be interpreted. Anyone want to put a good spin on this one?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554091_10151140058033992_652686629_n.jpg

The Med is also over there, most notably immediately bordering Syria. It's a sea that connect to the entire northern section of Africa, along with the Southern half of Europe. It's also a major trading hub for the region, and is patrolled by the US Navy. Pretty much every sailor ends up on a "Med Cruise" at some point in their careers, even if they only pull a single enlistment. We do not patrol it because it is completely safe and without contention. We patrol it because it is an important strategic location, making it a target.

Now, the thing is that Syria is being used to fund Hezbollah and such by Iran, even by MSM standpoint. See, we have these things called phones and the internet nowadays that let us communicate over longer distances, so that we need not always travel overland to a place to coordinate . You may have run into a similar thing with such unknowns as EBay, Amazon.com, Napster, Sirius Sattellite Radio, and every single other site on the entire internet. At the same time, Iraq, the country in between the two, has been in turmoil for nearly ten years. Did you seriously believe that NO ONE saw that chaos and went "Hm, you know, I could probably use this to my advantage"?

One of the simplest things to do while we were fighting in Iraq was to use the theater of war to create an underground to establish power in other places. I mean, Iraq had no real infrastructure after Shock and Awe, and we didn't secure things as we went... and then there was the insurgency you so loved commenting on back in the day. So again, you really see no way someone could have used that to establish a foothold in Syria?

aboutime
10-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Wouldn't they have to go through Iraq first? Or is that a given for some reason?

gabby. Not that it matters to you but. Iraq has given Iran OPEN AIR SPACE. In other words. They are free to overfly Iraq to get to Syria, and Syria has access to the Med. Sea.

Syria is an ally of IRAQ...who is preparing to build a Nuke weapon. If the Nuke is permitted to overfly Iraq into Syria, where Terrorist groups are known to Train, and Operate.

Guess what those Terrorist groups would help IRAN do...since Iran has sworn they want to ERASE Israel from the face of the Earth???

mundame
10-23-2012, 02:34 PM

The Mediterranean.

Interesting point; probably some truth to it. However, I expect the alliance is more because Syria is Shia like Iran rather than Sunni like so many Arab states.

aboutime
10-23-2012, 02:48 PM
The Mediterranean.

Interesting point; probably some truth to it. However, I expect the alliance is more because Syria is Shia like Iran rather than Sunni like so many Arab states.

Doesn't really matter what the alliances happen to be. If Iran plans on the total destruction of Israel, and has Unlimited, open airspace across Iraq to deliver their weapons...formerly known as WMD's. They can aid Syria as much as they want, and are doing. With unlimited access to the Mediterranean Sea...and the coast line of ANY COUNTRY in the area.

Religious alliances are helpful. But we all know. Israel is like a Lone Island, in the middle of a BOILING pot of Hatred known as the Mid-East.

Robert A Whit
10-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I don't know about you, but I do not fear the destruction of Israel.
Why you ask?

Well, study them. Study their motives. Study their past wars with Arabs.

My god, Israel raises the art of kicking Arabs ass to a new height.

Has even one Arab army managed to slow Israel down? Hell no.

No, they will protect their own country.

It took them a while to get the violence inside their cities stopped. Can anybody think in the past since they finished that wall that busses or business gets blown up? That wall put a stop to Arabs terrorizing their cities. While the Arabs still lob crap over the wall, at least it is such short distances that the Israelis figured that out too.

No, Israel is kick ass.

aboutime
10-23-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't know about you, but I do not fear the destruction of Israel.
Why you ask?

Well, study them. Study their motives. Study their past wars with Arabs.

My god, Israel raises the art of kicking Arabs ass to a new height.

Has even one Arab army managed to slow Israel down? Hell no.

No, they will protect their own country.

It took them a while to get the violence inside their cities stopped. Can anybody think in the past since they finished that wall that busses or business gets blown up? That wall put a stop to Arabs terrorizing their cities. While the Arabs still lob crap over the wall, at least it is such short distances that the Israelis figured that out too.

No, Israel is kick ass.

Robert. Once again. I totally agree. Many people around the world, probably including Obama. Have no idea how effective, and professional the Israeli Military is. In fact. I have little doubt. Based on my own personal experiences from the eighties, while in uniform. How effective, and dedicated the Israeli military is, and can be.
In fact. I would dare to say. They are almost equally as powerful militarily as Our Own Military. And probably. Due to the 40 years of constant missile attacks to their cities. They are more prepared to PROTECT their own shores than We are.