PDA

View Full Version : At this stage - this say's it all

jimnyc
10-23-2012, 02:20 PM
As of this afternoon, both Rasmussen and Gallup, the most respected of national polls, have Romney with decent leads...

http://i49.tinypic.com/34nmphi.jpg

mundame
10-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks, Jimmy, I didn't catch that one.

Intrade has Obama at LESS than 60% for the first time, today. That's a change.

The electoral college totals are a few points worse for Romney and the same with the battleground state polls, but very little and that may change.

I don't think we'll see the real polling feedback from the debate till Thursday, though I could be wrong: big polls are coming in two a day now.

Mr. P
10-23-2012, 09:47 PM
The ONLY poll that counts will be held on Nov. 6th. Just sayin

mundame
10-23-2012, 10:12 PM

Don't spoil our fun, Mr. P --- some of us love to poll-watch. It's like all the men who sit in front of the Weather Channel every morning and evening. They are rarely right, and the only weather that counts is the weather outside the living room window, but a lot of people like to watch weather forecasts all the same.

gabosaurus
10-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Have fun while it lasts... :slap:

10-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Have fun while it lasts...

Well, Im glad you want me to have fun for the next 8 years. but im sure some trial will occur in my life between now and then that wont be super fun.

The fact that Romney has broken the 50% mark in two polls two weeks outside of the election is fairly significant. Still anything can happen in 13 days.

red states rule
10-24-2012, 02:16 AM

I do hope your hubby removes all breakables and sharp objects around you as the election results come in Gabby

as well as a trained shrink to talk in off the ledge :laugh2:

red states rule
10-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Well, Im glad you want me to have fun for the next 8 years. but im sure some trial will occur in my life between now and then that wont be super fun.

The fact that Romney has broken the 50% mark in two polls two weeks outside of the election is fairly significant. Still anything can happen in 13 days.

and the fact Team Obama has pulled out of NC. So much for having their convention there

aboutime
10-24-2012, 08:59 AM

The real fun will begin January 1st, even if Obama loses. That is when all of Obama's Promised....No new taxes for the Middle Class take effect. And the heralded LARGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY....just becomes reality.

April 15th, 2013 will officially become IRS Day across this nation.

Hide your children's piggy banks, bury all of your household ready cash in the back yard.

And if you are fortunate enough to still have a job. Wear gloves to work. Your boss will be handing you that NOTICE about how they no longer can provide Health care benefits, and you will begin working PART TIME.

The Gloves will prevent burning your fingers with that HOT Pink slip.

Classic Liberal
10-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Amazing how just a month ago or so the RINO Neo-Cons were all bitching about how the polls were skewed and unreliable, but now that they’re showing Flipper Mitt in a lead or tied with the black communist, the RINO Neo-Cons are a lovin the polls, interesting!

aboutime
10-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Amazing how just a month ago or so the RINO Neo-Cons were all bitching about how the polls were skewed and unreliable, but now that they’re showing Flipper Mitt in a lead or tied with the black communist, the RINO Neo-Cons are a lovin the polls, interesting!

Wrong, Classic Liberal. If you paid any real attention to what you declared above. You would have discovered. It wasn't the RINO anythings bitching as you said.

Tell us how Neo-cons like Debby Wasserman Schultz, and Axelrod, and Rahm Emanuel the real Communists loved it!

jimnyc
10-24-2012, 10:18 AM

The ONLY time I saw any complaints about polls at all, at this site, was about polls that were PROVEN to have asked a substantial amount of Democrats than Republicans, which doesn't take a genius to realize would then make the poll favor Democrats. And even then, with 20-40% more Dems asked, Republicans were never far behind. Prove the same about these polls and I'm sure others will condemn them just the same.

Or are you still pissy because Ron Paul or Johnson don't even rank enough to be on the polls? :lol:

Abbey Marie
10-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Amazing how just a month ago or so the RINO Neo-Cons were all bitching about how the polls were skewed and unreliable, but now that they’re showing Flipper Mittin a lead or tied with the black communist, the RINO Neo-Consare a lovin the polls, interesting!

Do you have a program that auto-inserts insulting adjectives and other terms for you? Is it randomized?

aboutime
10-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Do you have a program that auto-inserts insulting adjectives and other terms for you? Is it randomized?

Abbey. C.L. is merely using the DNC Talking Points Handbook. That has a total list of insulting words, and terms used often by liberals since they are unable, and incapable of Original thoughts.

Classic Liberal
10-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Wrong, Classic Liberal. If you paid any real attention to what you declared above. You would have discovered. It wasn't the RINO anythings bitching as you said.

Tell us how Neo-cons like Debby Wasserman Schultz, and Axelrod, and Rahm Emanuel the real Communists loved it!

So in your world DINO Neo-Libs are RINO Neo-Cons? Interesting!

aboutime
10-24-2012, 02:40 PM
So in your world DINO Neo-Libs are RINO Neo-Cons? Interesting!

What's more interesting, coming from you Classic Liberal is. What page in the DNC Talking Points Manual has that information about RINO'S, and DINO'S?

Does that come from the Updated version, or the old, standard version the DNC hands out, just before all of you go for a swim in the DNC Olympic Swimming pool...filled with GRAPE Kool-aid?

Classic Liberal
10-24-2012, 03:19 PM

Since when is truthful and accurate identifying labels “insulting?”

Classic Liberal
10-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Abbey. C.L. is merely using the DNC Talking Points Handbook. That has a total list of insulting words, and terms used often by liberals since they are unable, and incapable of Original thoughts.

The DNC hates me and I despise them, just goes to show how much you know, huh?

Classic Liberal
10-24-2012, 03:23 PM
What's more interesting, coming from you Classic Liberal is. What page in the DNC Talking Points Manual has that information about RINO'S, and DINO'S?

Does that come from the Updated version, or the old, standard version the DNC hands out, just before all of you go for a swim in the DNC Olympic Swimming pool...filled with GRAPE Kool-aid?

aboutime
10-24-2012, 03:26 PM

Who are you trying to convince? Saying it TWICE doesn't make it any more truthful.

jimnyc
10-24-2012, 03:30 PM

The ONLY time I saw any complaints about polls at all, at this site, was about polls that were PROVEN to have asked a substantial amount of Democrats than Republicans, which doesn't take a genius to realize would then make the poll favor Democrats. And even then, with 20-40% more Dems asked, Republicans were never far behind. Prove the same about these polls and I'm sure others will condemn them just the same.

Or are you still pissy because Ron Paul or Johnson don't even rank enough to be on the polls? :lol:

Since you passed by my post, I'll assume your baseless accusations were aimed elsewhere and posted on this board out of stupidity and have no basis in fact at all, which we knew already.

jimnyc
10-24-2012, 03:31 PM

So if everyone on this board referred to you as a clueless idiot, it wouldn't be insulting?

gabosaurus
10-24-2012, 03:58 PM

I intend to have fun for the next eight years (and beyond), regardless of who wins. Of course, I expect some scummy, evil boys with naughty intentions to horn in on my fun. But they will soon find out about my constitutional right to own a gun. :cool:

mundame
10-24-2012, 03:59 PM

Are you a candidate? Because otherwise I doubt the DNC knows anything about you.

gabosaurus
10-24-2012, 04:09 PM
So if everyone on this board referred to you as a clueless idiot, it wouldn't be insulting?

With a few notable exceptions, everyone on this board thinks the same way and posts the same way. Which is what makes them conservative Republicans.

http://www.colourbox.com/preview/811024-69825-.jpg

aboutime
10-24-2012, 06:19 PM
With a few notable exceptions, everyone on this board thinks the same way and posts the same way. Which is what makes them conservative Republicans.

Gabby. How nice, and considerate of you to post photos of your family for all of us to see. Which one is You?

aboutime
10-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Are you a candidate? Because otherwise I doubt the DNC knows anything about you.

Just another Debbie Wasserman Schultz Wannabe, is all mundame. Check the hair...4018

Kathianne
10-24-2012, 06:48 PM

Polls? Yes. Trends, not so much, they are influencers. Truth is for the past 4 weeks now, Romney not only is beginning to lead, his numbers are portending a preference cascade, that is already happening.

Something would have to 'break Obama' to change this. I don't see it.

jafar00
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Talk about dodgy....

How's this tweet from a friend of mine....

I just got a call from the republican national committee, inviting me to a local "Mitt Romney victory celebration" in my area. What?

https://twitter.com/FXORaelcun/status/261184086427701248

Romney is already claiming victory.

aboutime
10-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Talk about dodgy....

Dodgy? Can't be jafar. You have no friends.

mundame
10-24-2012, 08:47 PM

GREAT sheep picture. New Zealand? We have ten sheep and want to let them increase to 20, to keep the pasture from going to forest.

mundame
10-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Polls? Yes. Trends, not so much, they are influencers. Truth is for the past 4 weeks now, Romney not only is beginning to lead, his numbers are portending a preference cascade, that is already happening.

Something would have to 'break Obama' to change this. I don't see it.

I don't know --- there's goods and bads going on.

Good: Intrade is finally breaking from a consistent +60% for Obama.

Bad: the electoral college no-toss-up battleground state polls are going against Romney, not for him. Hey, I don't make the news, I just report it.

Good: on the other hand, the national polls continue consistently a little pro-Romney, as do the favoribility ratings.

All I can conclude is that as of Oct. 24 this is one close race.

Abbey Marie
10-25-2012, 11:55 AM

:laugh:

jimnyc
10-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Talk about dodgy....

Anyone can use twitter, where's the proof? I could use my twitter account to claim Morsi just tried to recruit me to be a terrorist, would you believe that too? I'll await others to report the same as the committee likely wouldn't make cold calls to one individual.

But with that said, why would it be "dodgy"? I'm sure both candidates setup parties in advance in case they win. No different than both participants in major sports having places rented beforehand, shirts and caps pre-made, champagne read to pop...

Dodgy is reading all the crap this guy posts and the sorry life he must lead, living to play and skype. It's obvious he is no republican or Romney fan, so I highly doubt he received any call at all.

glockmail
10-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Talk about dodgy....

Dude, candidates ready for victory parties ahead of every election, regardless of the polls. Do you think that the Libertarian candidate is putting out invites for his loser party? :slap:

red states rule
10-26-2012, 03:26 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb_c10451820121025120100.jpg

mundame
10-26-2012, 08:29 AM
This morning Oct. 26 Romney is ahead in the national and favorability RCP average of polls --- and behind, dropped back to the levels of a couple weeks ago -- on the Electoral College battleground states: 8 for Obama, 4 for Romney.

So as of today it looks like an Electoral College victory for Obama and a popular vote win for Romney.

That would be annoying.

If it were the other way around, I would expect riots.

Trigg
10-26-2012, 11:38 AM
this one is going to be a nail biter, no doubt, but early voting in several states shows more republicans are voting that did so in 2008. GOOD NEWS!!

latest Rasmussen Electoral Map

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/archive/2012_electoral_college_scoreboard

tailfins
10-26-2012, 11:56 AM
This morning Oct. 26 Romney is ahead in the national and favorability RCP average of polls --- and behind, dropped back to the levels of a couple weeks ago -- on the Electoral College battleground states: 8 for Obama, 4 for Romney.

So as of today it looks like an Electoral College victory for Obama and a popular vote win for Romney.

That would be annoying.

If it were the other way around, I would expect riots.

Romney has several states where a small upset wins him the election: WI+(NH or IA), IA+NV (269 tie) [or add ME-2 for a win],MI, MN+(NH or IA), PA, OH.

jimnyc
10-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Gallup is stretching and has Romney up 51-46% now. Rasmussen has it at 50-47%. Of course no poll, other than the election, is definitive, but those 2 have been highly regarded as the best companies that take polls, accurately and professionally. I still wouldn't bet a single dollar on a poll though, never did fully trust any of them.

aboutime
10-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Anyone ever seen the movie "GROUNDHOG DAY" with Bill Murray?

Every four years we get to this same point, just prior to the Presidential election date when....We discuss polls, make predictions about polls, and insist.....Polls can predict the results....WE WANT TO HEAR, AND HAVE on Election day.

Let's just call this another version of "GROUNDHOG DAY".

Unless...there is someone reading this post, right now. Who Knows. Without Question. Who is going to Win on November 6th.

And let's make it interesting. Who, out there is willing enough, confident enough, and sure enough to Say who the winner is? That would also agree to LEAVE this forum forever....if your prediction is wrong????

Let's be practical, and pragmatic here. NOBODY, BUT NOBODY KNOWS.

mundame
10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Gallup is stretching and has Romney up 51-46% now. Rasmussen has it at 50-47%. Of course no poll, other than the election, is definitive, but those 2 have been highly regarded as the best companies that take polls, accurately and professionally. I still wouldn't bet a single dollar on a poll though, never did fully trust any of them.

I've been reading, however, that both Gallup and Rasmussen are regarded as Republican-leaning polls. Rasmussen always has been; Gallup used to be the other way but this election is somehow slanted right; I don't know if it's the sampling, the weighting, or the math or what.

Other polls are showing the race much closer, essentially even. Reuters/Ipsos, for instance.

Just as long as it doesn't get hung, like in 2000. That's the main thing.

mundame
10-26-2012, 01:54 PM

Every four years we get to this same point, just prior to the Presidential election date when....We discuss polls, make predictions about polls, and insist.....Polls can predict the results....WE WANT TO HEAR, AND HAVE on Election day.

Unless...there is someone reading this post, right now. Who Knows. Without Question. Who is going to Win on November 6th.

And let's make it interesting. Who, out there is willing enough, confident enough, and sure enough to Say who the winner is? That would also agree to LEAVE this forum forever....if your prediction is wrong????

I hear you saying you don't believe polls can predict accurately, abouttime --- what do you want people here to do, quit talking about them entirely?

aboutime
10-26-2012, 01:57 PM
I hear you saying you don't believe polls can predict accurately, abouttime --- what do you want people here to do, quit talking about them entirely?

No. The only thing I would like to see end here, is the dishonesty. Anyone who predicts what is going to happen on November 6th, and says THAT IS FOR SURE, or A FACT. Is lying.

If such things like Polls actually did work. I'll give you a chance to show me how. Right here. Right now.

Tell me what I am thinking at this moment, or tell me what I will be thinking on November 6th.

That is how accurate, promising, and real...polls are.

tailfins
10-26-2012, 02:11 PM

The point of polls it to know what is working and what isn't. It's like the temperature gauge on your car. You don't know exactly when you're engine is going to lock up, but you had better pull over and shut off your engine when you see 230 degrees. The temperature on Obama's campaign engine is definitely over the boiling point.

jimnyc
10-26-2012, 02:25 PM
I've been reading, however, that both Gallup and Rasmussen are regarded as Republican-leaning polls. Rasmussen always has been; Gallup used to be the other way but this election is somehow slanted right; I don't know if it's the sampling, the weighting, or the math or what.

Other polls are showing the race much closer, essentially even. Reuters/Ipsos, for instance.

Just as long as it doesn't get hung, like in 2000. That's the main thing.

They're highly regarded as Democrat leaning when the polls are in their favor too. What matters most is the line of questioning and who they poll. In that regard, these 2 are known as the most professional and accurate. Many of the other polls, which Little Acorn has found time and time again, ask leading questions and sample many more of one side than the other, and try and hide the numbers and publish their findings.

aboutime
10-26-2012, 02:35 PM
They're highly regarded as Democrat leaning when the polls are in their favor too. What matters most is the line of questioning and who they poll. In that regard, these 2 are known as the most professional and accurate. Many of the other polls, which Little Acorn has found time and time again, ask leading questions and sample many more of one side than the other, and try and hide the numbers and publish their findings.

I was only trying to make a point, to ease the endless frustration we all are hearing...EVERY DAY, with new polls.

I know politicians use polls to help them make decisions, and voters as well.

But look at how almost ALL OF US have been smothered with TV ads, emails, Youtube Politics, and Snail Mail ads that are sometimes BIGGER than our Mailboxes.

Enough is Enough already. Election day can't come soon enough, and all of us have been hearing about this one...SINCE the election in 2008 ENDED, and this one BEGAN.

jimnyc
10-26-2012, 02:38 PM
I was only trying to make a point, to ease the endless frustration we all are hearing...EVERY DAY, with new polls.

I know politicians use polls to help them make decisions, and voters as well.

But look at how almost ALL OF US have been smothered with TV ads, emails, Youtube Politics, and Snail Mail ads that are sometimes BIGGER than our Mailboxes.

Enough is Enough already. Election day can't come soon enough, and all of us have been hearing about this one...SINCE the election in 2008 ENDED, and this one BEGAN.

I think that's because Obama, this administration and the Democrats in Congress have screwed things up so bad, that voters are more passionate than ever at this point.

red states rule
10-29-2012, 02:23 AM
I posted awhile back I thought Romney was set up to win in a Reagan style blowiout and others are starting to say the same thing

Barack Obama is toast. This is not something I say lightly. I generally try to remain cautious about predictions, because the prediction business is a humbling one. I have never been especially bullish on Mitt Romney, and I spent most of the summer and early fall arguing that this was basically a neck-and-neck race that would go down to the wire. But in the end, two things stand out:

One, Mitt Romney has a consistent, significant lead among independent voters, which increasingly looks like a double-digit lead. This is especially clear in national polls, but can also be seen in the key swing state polls. It’s been a hard enough number for the past few weeks now, even as the last of the debates gets baked into the polls, that there’s little chance that Obama can turn it around in the 11 days remaining in this race. In fact, Obama has been underwater with independents almost continuously since the middle of 2009.

Two, to overcome losing independents by more than a few points, Obama needs to have a decisive advantage in Democratic turnout, roughly on the order of – or in some places exceeding – the advantage he enjoyed in 2008, when Democrats nationally had a 7-point advantage (39-32). Yet nearly every indicator we have of turnout suggests that, relative to Republicans, the Democrats are behind where they were in 2008. Surveys by the two largest professional pollsters, Rasmussen and Gallup, actually suggest that Republicans will have a turnout advantage, which has happened only once (in the 2002 midterms) in the history of exit polling and probably hasn’t happened in a presidential election year since the 1920s.
Those two facts alone caused me to conclude at the end of last week that Obama will lose – perhaps lose a very close race, but lose just the same. That conclusion is only underscored by the fact that, historically, there is little reason to believe that the remaining undecided voters will break for an incumbent in tough economic times. He will lose the national popular vote, and the fact that he has remained competitive to the end in the two key swing states he needs to win (Ohio and Wisconsin) will not save him.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/26/why-i-think-obama-is-toast/

glockmail
10-29-2012, 07:38 PM
I posted awhile back I thought Romney was set up to win in a Reagan style blowiout and others are starting to say the same thing

You must have copied me: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?26613-Welcome-To-The-Real-World-Chris&p=410861#post410861

gabosaurus
10-29-2012, 11:47 PM
My best friend in Austin read about callers to a conservative radio program there blaming Obama for artificially intensifying Hurricane Sandy and then "aiming" it at the East Coast in an attempt to disrupt the election. Others believe Obama will use the storm as an excuse to cancel the elections and declare martial law (probably the same crackpots who thought Bush would do the same thing in 2008).

Almost a credible as the people who believe Obama is trucking in illegals to vote in Ohio. :rolleyes:

red states rule
10-30-2012, 03:42 AM
My best friend in Austin read about callers to a conservative radio program there blaming Obama for artificially intensifying Hurricane Sandy and then "aiming" it at the East Coast in an attempt to disrupt the election. Others believe Obama will use the storm as an excuse to cancel the elections and declare martial law (probably the same crackpots who thought Bush would do the same thing in 2008).

Almost a credible as the people who believe Obama is trucking in illegals to vote in Ohio. :rolleyes:

and I recall top Dems on TV claiming Bush allowed blacks to die in New Orleans, 9/11 was an inside job, and Harry Reid said the bridge collapse in MN was due to funding the Iraq war (turned out to be design flaw)

So you see Gabby, you may have a few wackos on talk rado, but libs have ELECTED wackos and so called black leaders spreading their crap on TV and being passed off as credible by the liberal media

aboutime
11-02-2012, 08:59 PM

gabby. In case you haven't been following the REAL news. There is NO need for Obama to truck in Illegals to vote in Ohio. They are already there. And many of the voting machines have been found to register OBAMA votes, when voters Press the Romney key.

Another Obama Coincidence. Much like the Clinton Coincidence of the past, and now...the Future.