PDA

View Full Version : Edwards critical of veteran support

nevadamedic
05-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Edwards critical of veteran support
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Former Senator John Edwards used a Memorial Day weekend campaign appearance to criticize the Bush administration's treatment of veterans from the Iraq war.

"I will stand strongly and proudly against this president because he's wrong about this war. This war needs to end," he said before an applauding audience in Marengo, Iowa. "But I will stand even more strongly as President of the United States, behind the men and women who wear the uniform of the United States of America."

In his remarks, Edwards said the administration does not do enough to address financial hardships veterans currently face. He said he would call for a fixed budget stream for the VA system that would not fluctuate with annual budget allocations. In addition, Edwards said he would address financial concerns for military families dealing with child care while a parent is deployed overseas, educational and vocational support for troops returning from the battlefield, and a suspension of student loan obligations for returning troops until they are financially able.

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/

Yurt
05-26-2007, 08:08 PM
So far all he seems to do is criticize, bitch and moan...

nevadamedic
05-26-2007, 08:14 PM

Dont forget charge a ton of money for his speeches on poverty! :laugh2:

Gaffer
05-26-2007, 08:22 PM
If he wants to help vets he can send me money. I'm stuck waiting on a pension with no money coming in. A few grand will get me through.

nevadamedic
05-26-2007, 08:29 PM
If he wants to help vets he can send me money. I'm stuck waiting on a pension with no money coming in. A few grand will get me through.

Lol. Just for the hell of it send him an email

Yurt
05-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Dont forget charge a ton of money for his speeches on poverty! :laugh2:

And the irony that the dems actually backed him up on it...:laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-26-2007, 10:49 PM
And the irony that the dems actually backed him up on it...:laugh2:

:laugh2: Yea but we all know Dems are ignorant :laugh2:

lily
05-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Edwards critical of veteran support
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Former Senator John Edwards used a Memorial Day weekend campaign appearance to criticize the Bush administration's treatment of veterans from the Iraq war.

"I will stand strongly and proudly against this president because he's wrong about this war. This war needs to end," he said before an applauding audience in Marengo, Iowa. "But I will stand even more strongly as President of the United States, behind the men and women who wear the uniform of the United States of America."

In his remarks, Edwards said the administration does not do enough to address financial hardships veterans currently face. He said he would call for a fixed budget stream for the VA system that would not fluctuate with annual budget allocations. In addition, Edwards said he would address financial concerns for military families dealing with child care while a parent is deployed overseas, educational and vocational support for troops returning from the battlefield, and a suspension of student loan obligations for returning troops until they are financially able.

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/

I'm really at a loss here........how is this bitching an moaning and what do you expect a candidate to do, talk about the weather?

I don't know, this sounds pretty important to me.:salute:

Baron Von Esslingen
05-26-2007, 11:46 PM

Given how the rightwingers have run the country in the last six years, there is more than enough stuff to criticize. Or hadn't you noticed?

Baron Von Esslingen
05-26-2007, 11:47 PM
:laugh2: Yea but we all know Dems are ignorant :laugh2:

:clap:And Republicans are criminal.:clap:

Baron Von Esslingen
05-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Edwards said the administration does not do enough to address financial hardships veterans currently face. He said he would call for a fixed budget stream for the VA system that would not fluctuate with annual budget allocations. In addition, Edwards said he would address financial concerns for military families dealing with child care while a parent is deployed overseas, educational and vocational support for troops returning from the battlefield, and a suspension of student loan obligations for returning troops until they are financially able.

All isues that the GOP neglected when they ran Congress. No wonder they are attacking the messenger who brings them the bad news.