PDA

View Full Version : Gore's Current TV Up For Sale

red states rule
10-26-2012, 02:45 AM
First it was Air America (the lefts answer to Rush Limbaugh) and now Al's all "progressive" cable network Current TV

Libs will never understand how the private sector works. There has to be a demand for the product/service you are offering in order to make a profit and expand

Current TV, the ratings-challenged cable network started by former Vice President Al Gore, has put itself up for sale, The Post has learned.

“Current has been approached many times by media companies interested in acquiring our company,” CEO Joel Hyatt told The Post. “This year alone, we have had three inquiries. As a consequence, we thought it might be useful to engage expertise to help us evaluate our strategic options.”

Current is still interviewing investment banks and has yet to launch a formal sales process, said one source.

The service, launched in August 2005 after Gore had begun his crusade against global warming, has churned through programming and personnel as it tried to find its voice.
<!-- context: middle -->
The channel started out as youth-centric and user-generated before going heavier on news and documentaries. Its latest incarnation is as a left-leaning cable news network, à la MSNBC.

In January 2011, it hired former “Countdown” anchor Keith Olbermann, after MSNBC canceled his contract. Then in March, Current also cut Olbermann loose.

The network now airs such shows as “Joy Behar: Say Anything!” and “Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer.”

Current, owned by Gore, Hyatt and some private backers, is in about 60 million homes, which could make it valuable to buyers looking for cable network distribution.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/gore_struggling_current_tv_on_the_lufEY78RWTMHhYtV 5ljbSP

fj1200
10-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Rush should offer to buy it, the ultimate insult. :laugh:

aboutime
10-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Poor old Al. Another failure to entertain Himself.

His mistake was bound to bring it down. He should have changed "Current Tv" to "WARM AIR BY AL". It would have fulfilled his GLOBAL WARMING agenda, and driven more people like him into Nervous Breakdown Territory.

aboutime
10-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Rush should offer to buy it, the ultimate insult. :laugh:

Rush would never waste his money on a known...LOSING adventure.

fj1200
10-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Rush would never waste his money on a known...LOSING adventure.

Ah, but that's the thing, buy it and turn it around. Even more of an insult especially by dumping all the lib "talent." ;)

aboutime
10-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Ah, but that's the thing, buy it and turn it around. Even more of an insult especially by dumping all the lib "talent." ;)

How can you DUMP something that doesn't exist in the first place? LOL

I know what you are saying. But. As I remember Rush. Answering the question from fans who asked him "Why won't you run for President?" Rush always says...."The Pay is too low."

I believe Rush would rather own a FOOTBALL team, or a GOLF COURSE before taking on something like a Cable TV Network.

And I don't believe Rush wants to put his toe into that water since the Dems are, and have been working for years to Remove Rush, via the FAIRNESS POLICY they want to control.

fj1200
10-26-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure cable channels are immune from the Fairness doctrine. Besides, a ton of money could be made.

aboutime
10-26-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure cable channels are immune from the Fairness doctrine. Besides, a ton of money could be made.

And I would agree with you about Cable being immune. However. Knowing the hatred the Democrats, Liberals, and Progressives hold for Rush Limbaugh.

Nobody should ever rule them out, when it comes to further attempts to destroy Rush.

In fact. Like Democrats tried to do with the CHICK-FIL-AL fiasco. They could also use their political hatred to threaten, or Black list anyone who dared to appear on such a Cable Channel with Rush.

SO. Cable being Immune...is really not limited as many would like to think it is.

fj1200
10-26-2012, 03:40 PM
They would get plenty of people lining up to be on IMO. The trick would be to be low key.

aboutime
10-26-2012, 03:44 PM
They would get plenty of people lining up to be on IMO. The trick would be to be low key.

Low key? How would that work? We all know. There are Democrat, Liberals who do nothing but listen to Rush Limbaugh every time he is on the air. They are assigned to listen, and report EVERY WORD Rush uses...as their methods of finding DIRT.

And how would it stay low key...if there was no advertising?

Never mind. Doesn't really matter.

It was just a hypothetical idea anyhow. Ain't gonna happen. Nothing more to discuss.

red states rule
10-27-2012, 07:50 AM
How can you DUMP something that doesn't exist in the first place? LOL

I know what you are saying. But. As I remember Rush. Answering the question from fans who asked him "Why won't you run for President?" Rush always says...."The Pay is too low."

I believe Rush would rather own a FOOTBALL team, or a GOLF COURSE before taking on something like a Cable TV Network.

And I don't believe Rush wants to put his toe into that water since the Dems are, and have been working for years to Remove Rush, via the FAIRNESS POLICY they want to control.

Al Gore TV would make a great tax write off and help reduce the overall tax one would have to pay

So maybe Rush might want to take a look at it. Or maybe George W Bush would buy it. That would really piss off Al and the fools that buy the crap he is selling

fj1200
10-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Low key? How would that work?

To not go all crazy-right-wing-wackadoodle.

aboutime
10-27-2012, 11:43 AM
To not go all crazy-right-wing-wackadoodle.

fj. Instead of using the typical, expected Liberal tactics of usual name calling. I appreciate your inability to stray from using stupid, dumb, and crazy words to display your lack of original thought patterns.

Wackadoodle sounds like an Obama Plan he presented to his Democrat friends in Congress...and they passed it, before reading it.

S. O. P. for Democrat Wacko-Doodles.

fj1200
10-27-2012, 01:19 PM
fj. Instead of using the typical, expected Liberal tactics of usual name calling. I appreciate your inability to stray from using stupid, dumb, and crazy words to display your lack of original thought patterns.

Wackadoodle sounds like an Obama Plan he presented to his Democrat friends in Congress...and they passed it, before reading it.

S. O. P. for Democrat Wacko-Doodles.

I'm sorry, but do you read your own posts? I, as a conservative, can certainly declare some on the right that I share views with go to the extent of being "wackadoodle." There is a way to be a conservative, get your point across in a respectful manner, and not be purposefully extreme as to invite criticism. It's a fine line, no question.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry, but do you read your own posts? I, as a conservative, can certainly declare some on the right that I share views with go to the extent of being "wackadoodle." There is a way to be a conservative, get your point across in a respectful manner, and not be purposefully extreme as to invite criticism. It's a fine line, no question.

You arrogantly appointed yourself judge of this policy that you determined yourself to be so necessary !
That isnt very conservative of you now is it? Who the hell made you judge of Free Speech or that of civility here?
Such Arrogance points to other qualities you surely have and they are not conservative either. And that you attack strong patriots and defenders against Islam regularly here reveals so very much IMHO. -Tyr

aboutime
10-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Because you have a Master's Degree in Obama Double-talkism. Talking to yourself must be a real blast.

As for being SORRY. I totally agree with you. You certainly are.

10-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Al Gore, wrote a book about global warming, did a tour promoting the book.
insisted sea levels were rising and we were about to be washed off the face of the earth!
made millions selling that shite he did!
what did he do with those millions?
he bought ocean front property......
FAIL!!
Epic Fucking Fail!!!!

fj1200
10-27-2012, 07:21 PM
You arrogantly appointed yourself judge of this policy that you determined yourself to be so necessary !
That isnt very conservative of you now is it? Who the hell made you judge of Free Speech or that of civility here?
Such Arrogance points to other qualities you surely have and they are not conservative either. And that you attack strong patriots and defenders against Islam regularly here reveals so very much IMHO. -Tyr

WTF are you talking about? There's no policy and I'm not the "judge" just a person who has an opinion. Unlike you who believes there to be two types of people in the world, those who think like you and the rest being liberals, I think people can fall into multiple categories; wackadoodle being one.

Please indicate where I'm judging Free Speech or even opposed to it. You could also back up your last statement as well.

fj1200
10-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Because you have a Master's Degree in Obama Double-talkism. Talking to yourself must be a real blast.

As for being SORRY. I totally agree with you. You certainly are.

Yup, yup, I'm a liberal. Right on time.

All this and I didn't even call anyone specific "wackadoodle." :laugh:

aboutime
10-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Yup, yup, I'm a liberal. Right on time.

All this and I didn't even call anyone specific "wackadoodle." :laugh:

Just like Obama didn't actually, or specifically call Romney a Bullshitter????

fj1200
10-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Just like Obama didn't actually, or specifically call Romney a Bullshitter????

Thou dost protest too much methinks.

red states rule
10-28-2012, 04:18 AM
Al has a solid track record of failure. He is the Guru of global warming to the enviro wackos

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-g4BXWs-PABE/T-xjX69R5jI/AAAAAAAAC5k/_ApOr4_qrLA/s1600/gore+breathing+fire.jpg