PDA

View Full Version : The day Keynes met FDR

Robert A Whit
10-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Keynes did not agree with the FDR plan. Keynes had sent for FDR to read his book on economics.
Frankfurter wanted FDR to meet Keynes. He urged FDR to have a personal meeting one on one.

Finally on May 28, 1934, the meeting took place. Keynes spoke with FDR for about one hour.
FDR really enjoyed the meeting he reported.

FDR says though, that guy must be some mathematician since all he spoke was numbers.

Clearly FDR had little clue what Keynes was talking about.

Keynes then dropped in on Francis Perkins, the Labor Secretary and he spoke in laymans language and Perkins caught onto what Keynes said.

Perkins lamented that he wished FDR understood that Keynes missed a golden chance for FDR to have understood what Keynes said.

So, clearly FDR was in the dark as to Keynes economics.

I also want to make this important point.

Keynes insists that you solve our type of problem by doing what?

Think about this.

By injecting cash in the form of payroll to do jobs.

So, supply cash to the economy and things get better.

What did Ronald Reagan and even Bush do when he was president?

He injected cash into the economy.

They by making sure the public at large had cash to spare, thereby allowing all of us to inject our cash into the economy.

Keynes and Obama want to favor the few.

So, supposedly per Keynes and Obama pick targets to enrich.

Obama enriched a very few in this economy.
He enriched you if you build automobiles.
He enriched you if you support automobiles by making parts for them.

He enriched Solyndra who got caught by the Chinese and put out of business.

Make no mistake, Obama mostly enriched some rich people so why does he despise them so much as to how he bashes them on his campaign talks?

If you build a bridge, you want Obama to enrich you. But I used to do that work. And of course were I still doing that work, I would love a paycheck that way.

But if you are a plumber, electrician or lumberjack or hell, thousands of other jobs, you don't like what Obama did to the rest of us.

I depend on carpenters, plumbers and concrete pourers and roofers and landscapers and carpet makers and hundreds of crafts to do my job. But guys like Obama make me sick.

Had Keynes dropped in on Obama and lectured the man, still he would be clueless on how this all works.

So, the so called supply side concept that RR followed was to supply the economy with money.

Remember this. Keynes = focused money
RR and Bush = cash infused but all over the country.

Kathianne
10-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Keynes did not agree with the FDR plan. Keynes had sent for FDR to read his book on economics.
Frankfurter wanted FDR to meet Keynes. He urged FDR to have a personal meeting one on one.

Finally on May 28, 1934, the meeting took place. Keynes spoke with FDR for about one hour.
FDR really enjoyed the meeting he reported.

FDR says though, that guy must be some mathematician since all he spoke was numbers.

Clearly FDR had little clue what Keynes was talking about.

Keynes then dropped in on Francis Perkins, the Labor Secretary and he spoke in laymans language and Perkins caught onto what Keynes said.

Perkins lamented that he wished FDR understood that Keynes missed a golden chance for FDR to have understood what Keynes said.

So, clearly FDR was in the dark as to Keynes economics.

I also want to make this important point.

Keynes insists that you solve our type of problem by doing what?

Think about this.

By injecting cash in the form of payroll to do jobs.

So, supply cash to the economy and things get better.

What did Ronald Reagan and even Bush do when he was president?

He injected cash into the economy.

They by making sure the public at large had cash to spare, thereby allowing all of us to inject our cash into the economy.

Keynes and Obama want to favor the few.

So, supposedly per Keynes and Obama pick targets to enrich.

Obama enriched a very few in this economy.
He enriched you if you build automobiles.
He enriched you if you support automobiles by making parts for them.

He enriched Solyndra who got caught by the Chinese and put out of business.

Make no mistake, Obama mostly enriched some rich people so why does he despise them so much as to how he bashes them on his campaign talks?

If you build a bridge, you want Obama to enrich you. But I used to do that work. And of course were I still doing that work, I would love a paycheck that way.

But if you are a plumber, electrician or lumberjack or hell, thousands of other jobs, you don't like what Obama did to the rest of us.

I depend on carpenters, plumbers and concrete pourers and roofers and landscapers and carpet makers and hundreds of crafts to do my job. But guys like Obama make me sick.

Had Keynes dropped in on Obama and lectured the man, still he would be clueless on how this all works.

So, the so called supply side concept that RR followed was to supply the economy with money.

Remember this. Keynes = focused money
RR and Bush = cash infused but all over the country.

Maybe it's me, but I cannot make heads nor tails of your post.

Robert A Whit
10-28-2012, 01:56 AM
Maybe it's me, but I cannot make heads nor tails of your post.

I apologize. I was talking I guess to the people who actually DO understand economics.

Since you say you are entirely in the dark, maybe you want to tip me off what you are in the dark about.

A sort of recap is that both FDR and Obama are using the Keynes formula and both men were wrong.

Help me by asking questions.

Kathianne
10-28-2012, 02:00 AM
As I said, it must be me. Sorry to have bothered you.