PDA

View Full Version : Throw the Book At Libby

Baron Von Esslingen
05-26-2007, 06:06 PM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney's unremorseful former top aide should be sentenced to 2 1/2 to 3 years in prison for perjury and obstruction of justice in a case linked to the Bush administration's handling of the Iraq war, the special prosecutor in the case said on Friday.

Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Cheney's former chief of staff, was convicted in March on four of five counts in the investigation into who blew the cover of CIA analyst Valerie Plame, whose husband was an outspoken Iraq war critic.

"Mr. Libby, a high-ranking public official and experienced lawyer, lied repeatedly and blatantly about matters at the heart of a criminal investigation concerning the disclosure of a covert intelligence officer's identity," Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald wrote in court documents.

"He has expressed no remorse, no acceptance of responsibility, and no recognition that there is anything he should have done differently -- either with respect to his false statements and testimony, or his role in providing reporters with classified information about Ms. Wilson's affiliation with the CIA," Fitzgerald added.link (http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN2546544920070525)

Throw the book at this joker. It may teach some of the other liars in this administration a lesson but it probably won't. Either way...

05-26-2007, 06:16 PM
why should he be remorseful about being railroaded? The man didn't do anything wrong.

loosecannon
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
why should he be remorseful about being railroaded? The man didn't do anything wrong.

You have a disturbing interpretation of what it means to do something wrong.

He lied to the FBI, the grand jury and the nation. He released classified info outing a CIA operative.

Or do you think the jury and judge simply got it wrong? In our system the word of the jury is final, and you are full of shit.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Convicted felon Lewis Libby has a nice ring to it.

05-26-2007, 06:24 PM

He lied to the FBI, the grand jury and the nation. He released classified info outing a CIA operative.

Or do you think the jury and judge simply got it wrong? In our system the word of the jury is final, and you are full of shit.

No he didnt. Its public record that Armitage outed Valerie Plame. An act that wasn't illegal to begin with. An act the prosecutor knew wasn't illegal, but continued investigating in the hopes that he could manufacture this bogus claim.

It makes me sick how you liberals can look at this prosecutorial abuse and not be outraged.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-26-2007, 06:55 PM
It makes me sick that you deluded conservatives can look at a convicted liar and see an upright citizen. It's probably why you got swept out of power last November.

nevadamedic
05-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Convicted felon Lewis Libby has a nice ring to it.

Pardoned Lewis Libby has an even better ring.

Gaffer
05-26-2007, 07:41 PM
It makes me sick that you deluded conservatives can look at a convicted liar and see an upright citizen. It's probably why you got swept out of power last November.

But you support and uplift a convicted liar. One who didn't serve one day of prison time.

loosecannon
05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
But you support and uplift a convicted liar. One who didn't serve one day of prison time.

If he had lied about anything that mattered we would all care.

As it is the impeachment, Kenneth Starr investigation and GOP witch hunt was such a laughing stock that Clinton's public approval number actually improved during the impeachment.

loosecannon
05-26-2007, 07:52 PM
No he didnt. Its public record that Armitage outed Valerie Plame.

An act that wasn't illegal to begin with. An act the prosecutor knew wasn't illegal, but continued investigating in the hopes that he could manufacture this bogus claim.

perhaps first, but you wouldn't know that. In any case the prosecutor, jury and judge disagree with you.

It makes me sick how you liberals can look at this prosecutorial abuse and not be outraged.

Your feigned indignation doesn't serve you. Everybody knows you are full of shit.

But you fully serve as an example of why many in the GOP can still manage a straight face when they pretend that Bush didn't lie.

nevadamedic
05-26-2007, 07:58 PM

Who?

Gaffer
05-26-2007, 08:39 PM
If he had lied about anything that mattered we would all care.

As it is the impeachment, Kenneth Starr investigation and GOP witch hunt was such a laughing stock that Clinton's public approval number actually improved during the impeachment.

The point is ....HE LIED. And you condone it.

Gaffer
05-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Who?

slick willie of course.

loosecannon
05-26-2007, 09:08 PM
The point is ....HE LIED. And you condone it.

Lemme put it this way: 66% of the nation think that the witch hunt was more criminal than the little white lie.

Bush, Cheney and their admin lie every single time they speak. Every single time.

And you condone it.

Hobbit
05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Lemme put it this way: 66% of the nation think that the witch hunt was more criminal than the little white lie.

Bush, Cheney and their admin lie every single time they speak. Every single time.

And you condone it.

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have heard all day, and when you hear about my day, you'll be ashamed. In any case, thanks. I needed a good laugh.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-26-2007, 09:45 PM

I'm certain that you have a link for the "conviction" for old Bubba, don't you? (I know you don't but I just want to see what kind of shit you are going to try and post about a guy lying about a blow job which had nothing to do with how he ran his presidency. But I digress...)

loosecannon
05-26-2007, 10:29 PM
That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have heard all day, and when you hear about my day, you'll be ashamed. In any case, thanks. I needed a good laugh.

Dumb is the people who listen to Bush as if there is a chance in hell he might speak the truth. Even accidentally.

I guess that includes you.

Hobbit
05-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Dumb is the people who listen to Bush as if there is a chance in hell he might speak the truth. Even accidentally.

I guess that includes you.

Whatever. If Bush walked out and commented on how blue the sky was, you'd jump up and down claiming it was yellow, then call for his impeachment.

loosecannon
05-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Whatever. If Bush walked out and commented on how blue the sky was, you'd jump up and down claiming it was yellow, then call for his impeachment.

Bush would NEVER say the sky was blue. He would say it is Pelosi yellow and then hide behind a giant apparatus of press shills, secret service, think tank brains and the GOP army.

Bush never speaks the truth. He is dishonest to the bone.

nevadamedic
05-26-2007, 10:55 PM
slick willie of course.

oh:laugh2:

Sitarro
05-26-2007, 11:00 PM

I thought this was suppose to be about Libby and you bring up Bill Clinton?

05-27-2007, 12:03 AM
perhaps first, but you wouldn't know that. In any case the prosecutor, jury and judge disagree with you.

Your feigned indignation doesn't serve you. Everybody knows you are full of shit.

But you fully serve as an example of why many in the GOP can still manage a straight face when they pretend that Bush didn't lie.

You guys have been yelling that Bush lied for about 6 years. You still havent proved it. Burdens on you. And simply repeating it a billion times doesnt make it true.

05-27-2007, 12:04 AM

And you condone it.

well then it wouldnt be tough to find a lie would it...

Baron Von Esslingen
05-27-2007, 12:33 AM
You guys have been yelling that Bush lied for about 6 years. You still havent proved it. Burdens on you. And simply repeating it a billion times doesnt make it true.

But the Bush Doctirne is to repeat the propaganda until enough people believe it was true.

Weapons Of Mass Destruction is the biggest lie.

Al Qaeda and Saddam were working together on 9/11 is another.

We are going to rebuild New Orleans is a good one.

We give our wounded troops the best care at Walter Reed is a doozy.

The troops have all the armor they need is a real deadly lie but a lie nevertheless.

We don't torture people is an oldie but a goody.

Telling the public that eavesdropping on telephone calls without a FISA court order is legal because he said it was legal is a real good one.

Stay The Course and then saying we've never been Stay The Course is one of my favorites.

Saying that his 2004 budget merely re-priortized the student loan program when in fact it cut millions of dollars from it was one that went under the radar until a college student at one of his rigged "rallies" called him on it. I really liked that lie. It was just so... blatent.

The yellowcake thing in Niger was a classic.

That's just a Top Ten off the top of my head. If I really wanted to bust your chops, I'd dig up a few dozen more but I think I made my point. I haven't even touched upon people who have lied on Chimpy's behalf. That is another couple hundred right there.

Shit. Bush has lied so much and so often that he makes old Bubba look like a rank amateur.

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 02:37 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Well said! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

05-27-2007, 02:52 AM
But the Bush Doctirne is to repeat the propaganda until enough people believe it was true.

The troops have all the armor they need is a real deadly lie but a lie nevertheless.

Telling the public that eavesdropping on telephone calls without a FISA court order is legal because he said it was legal is a real good one.

Stay The Course and then saying we've never been Stay The Course is one of my favorites.

Saying that his 2004 budget merely re-priortized the student loan program when in fact it cut millions of dollars from it was one that went under the radar until a college student at one of his rigged "rallies" called him on it. I really liked that lie. It was just so... blatent.

That's just a Top Ten off the top of my head. If I really wanted to bust your chops, I'd dig up a few dozen more but I think I made my point. I haven't even touched upon people who have lied on Chimpy's behalf. That is another couple hundred right there.

Shit. Bush has lied so much and so often that he makes old Bubba look like a rank amateur.

I agree with that list. Its one of the biggest lies the liberals have come up with in a long time. Problem is its all bull crap and you know it.

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 02:56 AM
I agree with that list. Its one of the biggest lies the liberals have come up with in a long time. Problem is its all bull crap and you know it.

No kidding...........

Baron Von Esslingen
05-27-2007, 12:42 PM

I agree. All the lies Bush has told is bullcrap and the American people know it. Typical neocon non-response to the issue. Thanks.

And Libby is still a convicted liar and he's going to jail where he belongs.

Birdzeye
05-27-2007, 05:56 PM

Perhaps you'd care to prove that the items in that list are indeed true?

Baron Von Esslingen
05-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, Birdz, Avatar is going to have a difficult time of it. He implied that in six years Bush hadn't lied and no one had proved that he had. I posted ten instances were it was common knowledge (thru media accounts) that he had lied. He's not going to want to come back and defend the indefensible. Besides, he still hasn't done a very good job of defending Mr Libby and the lies he told. That's why he'll be going to jail. Three years, I hope.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Those are all credible and excusable mistakes, BVE.

But, once a blow job is given any remembrance of the recipient will always be connected with the "c**k sucker" nomenclature. I don't reckon Laura and George are that kinky. Again, I don't know. I know for sure that Americans don't want to hear about any Erection of Bill Clinton!!!!!!!!! Particularly if it pertains to a statue of him in a foreign country that worships him!!!!!!!!!

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 01:04 AM
But, Psycho, George doesn't make mistakes! They gotta be lies in that case.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 01:47 AM
There are very few lies that have ever escaped the lips of the CIC, BVE.

But, Psycho, George doesn't make mistakes! They gotta be lies in that case.

At least none that are readily identifiable other than DWI (Driving While Intoxicated), unwanted abortion by a former girl friend (where is she now) coke snorting with a friend that wrote a book (he was unfortunately found very dead in a motel room) and all that shit about lies about Iraq cannot be verified. Can you provide any links as to all those assertions?

Everybody is guilty of stretching the truth, BVE. When did you stop beating your significant other?

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 02:15 AM
There are very few lies that have ever escaped the lips of the CIC, BVE.

At least none that are readily identifiable other than DWI (Driving While Intoxicated), unwanted abortion by a former girl friend (where is she now) coke snorting with a friend that wrote a book (he was unfortunately found very dead in a motel room) and all that shit about lies about Iraq cannot be verified. Can you provide any links as to all those assertions?

Everybody is guilty of stretching the truth, BVE. When did you stop beating your significant other?

And presidents most of all. It's just that most are a bit more crafty when prevaricating than old Chimpy is. He just up and lies because he isn't too quick on the uptake; he seems to think that he is still being listened to instead of being questioned at every turn.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 02:24 AM
BVE, he is being all that he has ever been.

And presidents most of all. It's just that most are a bit more crafty when prevaricating than old Chimpy is. He just up and lies because he isn't too quick on the uptake; he seems to think that he is still being listened to instead of being questioned at every turn.

A spoiled rich kid with nothing better to do than screw up the lives of everyone around him and somehow call it a success. Think about it?!?!?!?!?

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 02:26 AM
A spoiled rich kid with nothing better to do than screw up the lives of everyone around him and somehow call it a success. Think about it?!?!?!?!?

George Orwell lives, Psych!

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 02:55 AM
Think about this, too, BVE.

George Orwell lives, Psych!

If your government can keep you hungry enough, needing of whatever enough and feeling like you ain't from anything that means anything, what else do they need for governance?

I came from next to nothing. I will stand up today against anybody that cheats me or even tries to cheat me. That includes the present resident of the White House.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 03:28 AM
The fear factor rules with these neocons, Psychoblues. It's how they hung on to absolute power for so long. Once reality started to set in nothing could mask the truth and the lies started and that's where the VP's Chief of Staff got his nuts in a wringer and his ass ready to be thrown in jail. What a way to start the summer.

Hopefully, Tom DeLay will be next.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 03:46 AM
The fear factor rules with these neocons, Psychoblues. It's how they hung on to absolute power for so long. Once reality started to set in nothing could mask the truth and the lies started and that's where the VP's Chief of Staff got his nuts in a wringer and his ass ready to be thrown in jail. What a way to start the summer.

Hopefully, Tom DeLay will be next.

What did Tom DeLay do?

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 03:59 AM
What did Tom DeLay do?

he played fast and loose with corporate campaign funds and turned around and laundered the corporate donation thru the RNC to give to republican candidates. Accepting corporate money for anything other than office use or getting out the vote is against the Texas constitution. DeLay will stand trial for this and end up in the pokey like his buddy Lewis.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 04:39 AM
Tom Delay is like in the freezer, nm.

What did Tom DeLay do?

We will thaw him out when we get ready to cook his butt. OK? Right now there are so many really good vegetables on the table that nobody is interested in real meat. Can you dig that?