PDA

View Full Version : Christie praises Obama on hurricane relief

gabosaurus
10-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Nice to see politicians setting aside their political differences in times of crisis. :salute:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/gov-christie-praises-president-obama-124558550--abc-news-politics.html

Robert A Whit
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Nice to see politicians setting aside their political differences in times of crisis. :salute:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/gov-christie-praises-president-obama-124558550--abc-news-politics.html

This is the right way to handle things.

I was in shock when Democrats attacked Bush over Katrina. To tis day I hear democrats on TV remarking that Bush did it all wrong.

Let's see a FEW facts.

FEMA has a small number of workers.

To evoke FEMA, the Governor of each state must ask for help. Help to any state is not automatic. By law, Governors don't get help until they ASK for it and that they have declared a state of emergency.

Katrina as a hurricane was well handled.

Witness the other states that asked Bush for FEMA help and got it instantly.

NO was a special case due to the flood.

A hurricane does not always produce a city underwater for months and months.

Gov Blanco of Louisiana should have been the target of Democrats wrath but she and the Mayor being democrats were safe from attacks by Democrats.

I am sure Gov Christie was not so stupid so he asked for FEMA help.

gabosaurus
10-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Actually, Obama called Christie to see if federal help was needed.
New Orleans drowned while Dubya was off playing golf.

Kathianne
10-30-2012, 03:57 PM

Untrue.

Robert A Whit
10-30-2012, 04:38 PM

Bush called Blanco as well. I tend to doubt that Christie would wait on Obama. Bush could have been standing in the middle of NO and the levies still would have broken.

The city rode out the hurricane if you can scratch your head to remember. Bush had the military there and thank GOD, the city would have lost up to 100,000 had Bush not rescued them.

Blame Governor Blanco and then Mayor Nagan.

darin
10-31-2012, 05:20 AM
Righto - BIG difference:

Conservative, Reasonable Governor - Christie...Taking ACTION. Encouraging people to take responsibility for their safety.

Libs running NO and LA? They sat around and watched people die, then blamed somebody else.

10-31-2012, 05:48 AM
Wasn't it something to do with the mayor if NO jolting the Gov of LA some years before?
Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned!!
She alone is responsible.
life has no value to libs, alls well that gets a lib elected, that's why they don't care about Fast and Furious.