PDA

View Full Version : Robert A. Whit - Insensitive??

SassyLady
10-31-2012, 01:44 AM
Mr. Whit .... let's continue your discussion about this board, the people here, and what we consider to be appropriate.

If you are as intelligent as you state, and as aware as you should be, you would understand that the Find It In Your Heart thread is not the place to have a free speech discussion because you disagreed with a moderator action.

Why is it so difficult for you to see this?

jimnyc
10-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Not sure if he's even seen this thread, I'll give him a tip via PM. I won't discuss what him and I have in private. But if he wants to air it out, the thread about the hurricane is not the place, and I'll be more than happy to explain things to him in this thread, but it won't change my stance and I might be less friendly, being this is the cage and all. :)

Robert A Whit
10-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Mr. Whit .... let's continue your discussion about this board, the people here, and what we consider to be appropriate.

If you are as intelligent as you state, and as aware as you should be, you would understand that the Find It In Your Heart thread is not the place to have a free speech discussion because you disagreed with a moderator action.

Why is it so difficult for you to see this?

My discussion just to get this straight is not about the board. It is not about the people here.
It is about one issue.

FREE SPEECH

I am corresponding with Jim by PM and believe me, he gets tense very fast in my view.

Clearly he does not stand still for being challenged in any fashion.

Nor it seems do you.

I did myself and Jim the FAVOR of going back through all the posts to ferret out just what 007 had said.

He posted 3 posts or perhaps it was 4. Does not matter.

The content was what I was looking at.

First his shot that it was Bush's fault was clearly humor. I saw no reason to ban him over that.

Next he got attacked and replied to said attacks. Mild as the attacks were, they were really letting him know his comment about Bush was shitty to put it mildly.

Then he reeled off about 8 or 9 sentences alleging it had been humor and that in timrs of distress, some humor might be good.

For that reply, he was kicked off the thread.

I am a strong defender of your rights.

Even when you won't defend them, I must.

Sorry that caused you angst.

Bob

Robert A Whit
10-31-2012, 02:38 PM
I explained to Jim that my issue is but one issue. Not with persons who he found offensive.

I read all of 007s posts and for my money, none were offensive. I hoped as adults here we did not have short fuses and could accept some humor on any thread from time to time.

I have posted with some true asses on boards in the past and hoped that this board was very low on asses.

I happen to be very tolerant.

More than that, I defend not only my right to the Bill of rights, but would defend all of you for the same reasons.

I realize very well that when a person is stressed out by an impending super storm, fuses might get short. I understand that.

If 007 had been the one to ban Jim, I would have said the same things.

If any of you had banned Jim for humor, I would speak up for you.

Sorry some of you don't get it.

Jim does not get it.

And I tried hard to help him understand.

jimnyc
10-31-2012, 04:04 PM
As I told you already, this is NOT about free speech. Anyone is free to post all they like anywhere on the board, but we WON'T allow someone to turn a thread about people's homes and lives into jokes. That is common decency and respect. You tried to say it was because I was stressed - nope, as I honor common decency and respect when stressed as well. You tried to say I had a short fuse - nope, as I allowed you to continue on as long as you liked, and thought I was polite throughout. I think my fuse was fine, and my sense of common decency and respect intact. All your crap about freedom of speech and the bill of rights is just that, crap! This is not the government and neither of those apply to this site. Freedom of speech, if you understood it, has nothing to do with anything but our ability to speak freely about our government and such - not to come and joke about things when people are about to be hit with a monster storm. But even then, ANYONE was free to discuss politics all they like, just not joke about the storm as people's houses were about to be ruined, electricity off for days, watching neighbors suffer and everything else related to this tragedy. I'm sorry YOU don't get it, that you FAIL to have had a sense of common decency as others suffered, that you FAILED to respect others while they suffered. I understand you had a short fuse about things that were none of your business, but that thread wasn't the place to bitch about things you fail to give to others.

The ONLY asses I saw was 007 making jokes and you thinking the ability to make jokes should have trumped decency and respect. YOU don't get it, and I find it disgusting that you would think someone making jokes should be more important than giving people some decency and respect while they were in the midst of a terrible tragedy. CLEARLY, you are just an ass who has to have the last word and think he is smarter than everyone else and will talk smack to our long time members that have been friends with one another for years now. You haven't EARNED that right yet, and seeing your sense of common sense, common decency & respect for others, I doubt you ever will.

If you don't like it, tough fucking shit. There are a million other boards out there were being an asshole will get you accepted, but this isn't one of them. You are MORE than welcome here, but NOT to be an asshole. You were fine all along, until you stepped in shit, and others AND staff told you to leave it be, and you had to go on and on and on and on - even though it was against the very rules you agreed to when you joined here.

Threads don't need to be anything to YOU for us to take action, it's NONE of your business - NONE. Speak up if you feel something was done to you, but if it's staff business with another member on the board, it is NOT your place to speak up and act like you're one of the founding members of the COTUS. Just shut the fuck up and move on.

jimnyc
10-31-2012, 04:57 PM
You continued it once again in that thread, Robert, and have to start bullshit about how I am a certain way in PM's because of living near the City? Now you can spend more time in this thread, as you have been removed from that one as well. Now you can teach me even more about the COTUS and the Bill of Rights. :rolleyes:

Robert A Whit
10-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Let me see

007 posted humor

He got the boot

I spoke of free speech and even thanked you

I supported you all along in your time or peril

And you give me the boot?

jimnyc
10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Let me see

007 posted humor

He got the boot

I spoke of free speech and even thanked you

I supported you all along in your time or peril

And you give me the boot?

007 got booted for joking in a thread where people were praying for one another and discussing a tragedy. I make no apologies. You had to continue about PM stuff and blaming me for other crap, which you were asked to drop many times. I make no apologies.

Additionally, rant about the other thread you were removed from too. We don't want people posting in all bold, or all colors - NO ONE. Sig lines are fine. I politely asked you to no longer do that, and you had to argue that as well. And EVEN IF I did have a separate set of rules, which I don't - you certainly don't have the right to tell me what to do. No one wants to read threads in colors or all bold. No one has ever made a big deal of it when asked to please stop doing so. Until you.

Robert A Whit
10-31-2012, 05:38 PM
007 got booted for joking in a thread where people were praying for one another and discussing a tragedy. I make no apologies. You had to continue about PM stuff and blaming me for other crap, which you were asked to drop many times. I make no apologies.

Additionally, rant about the other thread you were removed from too. We don't want people posting in all bold, or all colors - NO ONE. Sig lines are fine. I politely asked you to no longer do that, and you had to argue that as well. And EVEN IF I did have a separate set of rules, which I don't - you certainly don't have the right to tell me what to do. No one wants to read threads in colors or all bold. No one has ever made a big deal of it when asked to please stop doing so. Until you.

I went out of my way to support you Jim and the others in the path of the storm.

And you boot me?

This is not about 007 any longer.

You booted me for being bo both civil as well as trying to convey my view over such matters.

I even stated had it been YOU and not 007 I would have stuck up for you.

What you do to me amounts to an attack.

Clearly you single me out over my comments.

And you claim to not have a short fuse?

jimnyc
10-31-2012, 05:57 PM
You still posting about this crap, Robert? :lol:

Have a great night!!

Trinity
10-31-2012, 06:06 PM
Not taking sides and not judging not my thing.....just my 2 cents

Wow I have never been in the steel cage and I am feeling a little claustrophobic :laugh:

But seriously based on my experience in dealing with social media when you type something out, no one can hear the tone to what you are saying. Which means a good rule of thumb is to type it out, read it out loud in a monosyllabic way, because that is how others will read it. No one can pick up sarcasm or humor in written words without it being pointed out in some way, shape, or form. Just saying. ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...:laugh: (That was humor not sarcasm)

Robert A Whit
10-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Not taking sides and not judging not my thing.....just my 2 cents

Wow I have never been in the steel cage and I am feeling a little claustrophobic :laugh:

But seriously based on my experience in dealing with social media when you type something out, no one can hear the tone to what you are saying. Which means a good rule of thumb is to type it out, read it out loud in a monosyllabic way, because that is how others will read it. No one can pick up sarcasm or humor in written words without it being pointed out in some way, shape, or form. Just saying. ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...:laugh: (That was humor not sarcasm)

Thanks.

I may be wrong but I believe that in this cage, one can pretty much express their feelings with no punishment.

Jim has graciously accepted my request to restore me to two threads over the storm.

I am very pleased he is fair.

I can't ask for more than that.

I wish to state once and for all that I did not intend to cause angst to any person.

To a man, those in the way of the storm get my support. Full support. I really was very worried about all of you. even though I don't know you in person, I fretted that some of you might suffer a lot.

I hope you all have great insurance agents.

SassyLady
11-01-2012, 03:15 AM
My discussion just to get this straight is not about the board. It is not about the people here.
It is about one issue.

FREE SPEECH

I am corresponding with Jim by PM and believe me, he gets tense very fast in my view.

Clearly he does not stand still for being challenged in any fashion.

Nor it seems do you.

I did myself and Jim the FAVOR of going back through all the posts to ferret out just what 007 had said.

He posted 3 posts or perhaps it was 4. Does not matter.

The content was what I was looking at.

First his shot that it was Bush's fault was clearly humor. I saw no reason to ban him over that.

Next he got attacked and replied to said attacks. Mild as the attacks were, they were really letting him know his comment about Bush was shitty to put it mildly.

Then he reeled off about 8 or 9 sentences alleging it had been humor and that in timrs of distress, some humor might be good.

For that reply, he was kicked off the thread.

I am a strong defender of your rights.

Even when you won't defend them, I must.

Sorry that caused you angst.

Bob

You didn't challenge me, Bob, you insulted me.

11-01-2012, 05:14 PM

I got booted not for joking but for giving a reality orientation.
prayers are as pointless in a dangerous situation as wrapping oneself in Saran Wrap.
that is a fact.
some situations are beyond your control, you accept them. That's good advice.
you just have a thing for me because you couldn't answer one question in the Douglas Kennedy Thread.
because the truth would have undermined your position!
must be nice to lock threads when you cannot offer reasoned opinion supported by facts.

jimnyc
11-01-2012, 05:52 PM
prayers are as pointless in a dangerous situation as wrapping oneself in Saran Wrap.
that is a fact.
you just have a thing for me because you couldn't answer one question in the Douglas Kennedy Thread.
must be nice to lock threads when you cannot offer reasoned opinion supported by facts.

You're a child, and a troll and post like an illiterate 3rd grader. I have no desire to engage you in any discussion, other than telling you what an asshole you are. You, IMO, are no more than a disruption to this board. And if you keep following me around and sending me messages because you don't like it here, you will have one of 2 options, leave or have help leaving. So either learn to post like an adult, stop pointing out every other thread what problems you have with me, or just take your sorry as elsewhere. You're an embarrassment and a punk, and quite frankly, no doubt a loser in "real life".

Abbey Marie
11-01-2012, 06:04 PM
that is a fact.

You truly are a Class A, 10 out of 10, jerk.

And just so you know, with that remark, I am holding back.

aboutime
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
that is a fact.

007 or ZERO, ZERO, SEVEN. Are your parents aware of how immature you are? How do they put up with your childishness, and allowing you to use a computer, or laptop while they think you are playing with your LEGO?
Maybe you have a Doll problem, and since none of them actually TALK to you. You come here to pretend you are hiding from your miserable life...waiting for Mommy and Daddy to kick the bucket so the SPOILED LITTLE BRAT YOU ARE...gets their money.

In either case, which all of us know you will never be honest enough to tell us. Some day. When, and If you do grow up.

I hope your parents considered your ignorance, and left you plenty of OBAMA BUCKS...now called Monopoly money.

11-02-2012, 05:25 PM
You truly are a Class A, 10 out of 10, jerk.

And just so you know, with that remark, I am holding back.

I personally refrain from such horrific abuse, it's called moral superiority.
i note , after reading the above abusive post that you still haven't provided the evidence supporting your claim that I Abused you.
how about this, you are the one hurling personal insults and abuse
you are also the one lying about me abiding you.

11-02-2012, 05:32 PM
007 or ZERO, ZERO, SEVEN. Are your parents aware of how immature you are? How do they put up with your childishness, and allowing you to use a computer, or laptop while they think you are playing with your LEGO?
Maybe you have a Doll problem, and since none of them actually TALK to you. You come here to pretend you are hiding from your miserable life...waiting for Mommy and Daddy to kick the bucket so the SPOILED LITTLE BRAT YOU ARE...gets their money.

In either case, which all of us know you will never be honest enough to tell us. Some day. When, and If you do grow up.

I hope your parents considered your ignorance, and left you plenty of OBAMA BUCKS...now called Monopoly money.
fuck off you dogs ****, you already know my mother died 10 years ago( you mocked a post in which I mentioned her untimely death).
how about this, you stop using my mothers early demise as grounds for your infantile pathetic attacks on me and my family.
i called you on your false claim that you are a veteran. You think hurling such abuse can change this.
you never spent a day in uniform( exept as a Boy Scout and in later life as a minimum wage security guard)!!
now fuvking off nicely and stop harrassing me with your homoerotic private messages.

jimnyc
11-02-2012, 05:35 PM
fuck off you dogs ****, you already know my mother died 10 years ago( you mocked a post in which I mentioned her untimely death).
how about this, you stop using my mothers early demise as grounds for your infantile pathetic attacks on me and my family.
i called you on your false claim that you are a veteran. You think hurling such abuse can change this.
you never spent a day in uniform( exept as a Boy Scout and in later life as a minimum wage security guard)!!
now fuvking off nicely and stop harrassing me with your homoerotic private messages.

There is only ONE word that is censored from this board, that would result in those 4 asterisks showing up. I would advise no longer trying to use that word here. I won't give a second warning on that one.

11-02-2012, 05:37 PM
You're a child, and a troll and post like an illiterate 3rd grader. I have no desire to engage you in any discussion, other than telling you what an asshole you are. You, IMO, are no more than a disruption to this board. And if you keep following me around and sending me messages because you don't like it here, you will have one of 2 options, leave or have help leaving. So either learn to post like an adult, stop pointing out every other thread what problems you have with me, or just take your sorry as elsewhere. You're an embarrassment and a punk, and quite frankly, no doubt a loser in "real life".
Following you round and sending you messages?
that is a complete lie.
i respond in a pleasant manner to your illegal, criminal abuse.
you even asked me on a thread to pm you to take further action, I sent the pm that YOU requested me to send , and you called it unsolicited!
note the vicious threatening and abusive pm sent by your pal, you have no problem with thst one, right?

11-02-2012, 05:38 PM
There is only ONE word that is censored from this board, that would result in those 4 asterisks showing up. I would advise no longer trying to use that word here. I won't give a second warning on that one.
Attacks on my poor dead mother are great though?

jimnyc
11-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Following you round and sending you messages?
that is a complete lie.
i respond in a pleasant manner to your illegal, criminal abuse.
you even asked me on a thread to pm you to take further action, I sent the pm that YOU requested me to send , and you called it unsolicited!
note the vicious threatening and abusive pm sent by your pal, you have no problem with thst one, right?

Illegal and criminal? You're dumber than I thought. At any rate, if that's the case, call the police and sue me as well. And as stupid as you are, and that accusation is, if you continue with the childish accusations you will be gone from here. You add nothing to this board and nothing to any discussion but your vulgar posts and childish rants. It's growing tiresome.

jimnyc
11-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Attacks on my poor dead mother are great though?

Someone asking you whether or not your parents are aware of how immature you are IS NOT an attack on your family or parents or mother. Case closed.

11-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Someone asking you whether or not your parents are aware of how immature you are IS NOT an attack on your family or parents or mother. Case closed.
That wasan additional comment after the original on another thread!!
strange, I thought I reported it, perhaps you ignored the report in support of all vicious attacks made against me and my family.

it all started because you believed that nurses had a right to expect their customers to OBAY them.
Douglas Kennedy!
They are afraid to let a jury see the case!
Love it!!!!
Showing the unions their place!!!
Kennedy wins!!

jimnyc
11-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I guess you missed case closed? You're a coward, one who thinks he is tough on the internet, and clearly a loser. You lose.