PDA

View Full Version : Man in a van.

10-31-2012, 06:25 PM
A man in a van pulled up next to a ten year old boy and offered him 10 bucks and a bag of candy if he would get in the van, the kid said no way!!
So the Man offered him 20 bucks and a bag of candy to which the kid replied " fuck off Dad I'm a redsox fan I'm not going to watch the fucking Yankees with you"!

Robert A Whit
10-31-2012, 06:47 PM
A man in a van pulled up next to a ten year old boy and offered him 10 bucks and a bag of candy if he would get in the van, the kid said no way!!
So the Man offered him 20 bucks and a bag of candy to which the kid replied " xxxx off Dad I'm a redsox fan I'm not going to watch the xxxxxx Yankees with you"!

I have defended your right to free speech. And at some expense to myself I admit.

Out of decency to this forum, can you post and not use some vile swear words?

I realize your words are spoken in many places but please, not here. Thanks.

11-01-2012, 04:10 AM
I have defended your right to free speech. And at some expense to myself I admit.

Artistic licence, the kid was a Redsox fan after all!!

aboutime
11-02-2012, 07:42 PM

BOB. 007 has no idea what the word 'decency' means. Much like the word 'respect', and 'honesty' do not exist in his vocabulary. But then. What can any of us expect from a youngster who doesn't seem to know anything other than the street language he feels most comfortable with. Making a name for himself among his other pre-puberty crowd followers who compete with four letter words as normal.

In other words. 007 has no idea what actual words from a dictionary are, when four letter words are the basis of his lifestyle.

He trained in the JOE BIDEN school of letters. Where the 3 letter word... "JOBS" only exists on the Diaper's they wear.

DragonStryk72
11-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Speaking as a New Yorker, the joke was funny. It wasn't even insulting, so throwing in a single swear doesn't really need for him to be torn into, and it's not like I haven't taken him to task, but if he can't crack a single joke without taking incoming fire for a single word usage, he's never going to get better.

aboutime
11-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Speaking as a New Yorker, the joke was funny. It wasn't even insulting, so throwing in a single swear doesn't really need for him to be torn into, and it's not like I haven't taken him to task, but if he can't crack a single joke without taking incoming fire for a single word usage, he's never going to get better.

DragonStryk72. Asking someone to tone it down, as far as swearing isn't something new. We all know it, and no doubt. All of us have used it many times.

But. There is a time, and a place where that kind of language isn't always appropriate, or welcome. Despite it being used in a joke.

All of us are grown-up's. And all of us do not need to just go along...because everybody does it, all the time.

All of this reminds me of the warnings I, and 59 other new Navy recruits were given back in July of 1964, before we all left Boot Camp, on our way home across the country, for the first time in uniform.
Due to the massive dosages of FOUR LETTER WORDS used by all male Recruit Companies, where the 'F' word was as natural as saying Hello. We were told to BEWARE of sitting down at the dinner table with Mom, and Dad, and forgetting where we were, by asking Mom to "PLEASE PASS THE "F-in" salt, or butter..."

That warning used to apply almost everywhere THINKING, RESPECTFUL adults happen to be, or go. But today. That 'F-word' is being used...almost so often. It has become acceptable by the SMALLER MINDED, LESS RESPECTFUL, UNEDUCATED who feel a need to demonstrate their LAST levels of educational training. Being unable to THINK in anything other than FOUR LETTER words.

DragonStryk72
11-03-2012, 11:25 PM
DragonStryk72. Asking someone to tone it down, as far as swearing isn't something new. We all know it, and no doubt. All of us have used it many times.

But. There is a time, and a place where that kind of language isn't always appropriate, or welcome. Despite it being used in a joke.

All of us are grown-up's. And all of us do not need to just go along...because everybody does it, all the time.

All of this reminds me of the warnings I, and 59 other new Navy recruits were given back in July of 1964, before we all left Boot Camp, on our way home across the country, for the first time in uniform.
Due to the massive dosages of FOUR LETTER WORDS used by all male Recruit Companies, where the 'F' word was as natural as saying Hello. We were told to BEWARE of sitting down at the dinner table with Mom, and Dad, and forgetting where we were, by asking Mom to "PLEASE PASS THE "F-in" salt, or butter..."

That warning used to apply almost everywhere THINKING, RESPECTFUL adults happen to be, or go. But today. That 'F-word' is being used...almost so often. It has become acceptable by the SMALLER MINDED, LESS RESPECTFUL, UNEDUCATED who feel a need to demonstrate their LAST levels of educational training. Being unable to THINK in anything other than FOUR LETTER words.

Much like folks who type in all caps to "emphasize" words, which is the internet equivalent of screaming at someone (not the blue texts points in your quote)? That's 17 offenses in this quote to his 1. And don't try to say it's less offense to scream in someone's ear at least once a minute if not more. You also insulted him directly with the 'decency' crack. If you didn't like the joke that's one thing, but a simple PM to him about toning down the swearing would have been far more respectful, and a better show of yourself than calling him out in public for it.

Regardless of your standpoint on swearing, there was no cause to go after him personally in this thread. It was a joke, and a decently done one at that. The Yankees/Red Sox rivalry is almost as old as Baseball at this point.