PDA

View Full Version : Power Companies say most electricity will be restored... by Nov. 10-11

Little-Acorn
11-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I wonder how many will have power restored by Tuesday, Nov. 6?

And how many were supposed to vote by electric machines on that day?

Unlike cars, which are also gravely affected by Sandy but have many advantages over horses... can somebody please remind me why we feel electronic and/or punched-card voting has such huge advantages over ink-and-paper ballots?

----------------------------------------------

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/01/con-ed-says-vast-majority-will-have-power-restored-by-next-weekend-nov-10-11/

Con Ed Says ‘Vast Majority’ Will Have Power Restored By Next Weekend, Nov. 10-11

November 1, 2012 1:14 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The effort to restore power to those impacted by megastorm Sandy will apparently take longer than initially hoped.

Con Edison said Thursday that it expects to “restore the vast majority of customers who lost power by the weekend of Nov. 10 and 11. The remaining customer restorations could take an additional week more.”

As a reminder, a Con Ed “customer” is not necessarily an individual – it can be an entire building.

Con Ed revealed the expected timeline “based on an assessment of the unprecedented damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.”

That said, Con Ed said it anticipated having power restored to customers in Lower Manhattan by Saturday.

Robert A Whit
11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I wonder how many will have power restored by Tuesday, Nov. 6?

And how many were supposed to vote by electric machines on that day?

Unlike cars, which are also gravely affected by Sandy but have many advantages over horses... can somebody please remind me why we feel electronic and/or punched-card voting has such huge advantages over ink-and-paper ballots?

----------------------------------------------

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/01/con-ed-says-vast-majority-will-have-power-restored-by-next-weekend-nov-10-11/

Con Ed Says ‘Vast Majority’ Will Have Power Restored By Next Weekend, Nov. 10-11

November 1, 2012 1:14 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The effort to restore power to those impacted by megastorm Sandy will apparently take longer than initially hoped.

Con Edison said Thursday that it expects to “restore the vast majority of customers who lost power by the weekend of Nov. 10 and 11. The remaining customer restorations could take an additional week more.”

As a reminder, a Con Ed “customer” is not necessarily an individual – it can be an entire building.

Con Ed revealed the expected timeline “based on an assessment of the unprecedented damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.”

That said, Con Ed said it anticipated having power restored to customers in Lower Manhattan by Saturday.

Voting places can use emergency generators to allow for electric machines.

Little-Acorn
11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Voting places can use emergency generators to allow for electric machines.

If they have them.

I think most generators will be in use for the next week or so.

Remind me again what the advantages of electronic voting are?