PDA

View Full Version : Good for Texas - 12 executions of guilty murderers in 10 months

Little-Acorn
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Only problem is that they went to such extraordinary trouble to make sure it was a painless and non-scary death. Why do we owe these slime that? No need to cause them extreme suffering, but no need to treat them with kid gloves either. Easier to line them up against a wall in front of a firing squad. Sorry if that upsets them.

------------------------------------------------

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57543477/donnie-lee-roberts-executed-in-texas-for-killing-girlfriend-vicki-bowen-in-2003/

Donnie Lee Roberts executed in Texas for killing girlfriend Vicki Bowen in 2003

AP/ November 1, 2012, 7:57 AM

HUNTSVILLE, Texas Donnie Lee Roberts, convicted in his girlfriend's 2003 slaying in Texas, was executed Wednesday for fatally shooting the woman and taking items from her home to sell or trade to support his drug habit.

Roberts, 41, became the 12th inmate to be put to death this year in the nation's most active capital punishment state. He was given a lethal injection for the killing of Vicki Bowen at her East Texas home.

Roberts' punishment came after the U.S. Supreme Court refused to review his case earlier this week, and no additional appeals were filed to try to block the lethal injection.

At the time of his arrest for the October 2003 slaying of the 44-year-old Bowen, Roberts had violated his probation for a robbery conviction in Louisiana by fleeing to Texas after dropping out of a drug treatment program.

Authorities said he apparently met Bowen, a dental assistant, at a bar and moved in with her at her Lake Livingston home, about 75 miles northeast of Houston. Their relationship soured because Roberts wasn't working and was abusing drugs and alcohol, investigators said, and he shot Bowen after she refused his demand for money.

Roberts was arrested at a suspected crack house in the town of Livingston when a truck missing from Bowen's home was spotted there the same day Bowen's body was discovered.

Roberts told authorities he made several trips from the house where Bowen was shot, collecting property that he took into town to sell and trade for crack.

He also surprised detectives by confessing to the shotgun death of a man that happened a decade earlier in Natchitoches Parish, La. Louisiana authorities initially believed the victim, Al Crow, had died of asphyxiation in a fire at the camper trailer where he was living but reopened the case following Roberts' disclosure, found shotgun pellets and determined it was a homicide.

Bowen didn't show up for work on Oct. 16, 2003, and a co-worker who went to check on her found her body wrapped in a blanket and lying in a pool of blood. A medical examiner determined Bowen was killed with two gunshots to her head.

Evidence at trial showed Roberts had a record for battery while being held in jail in Fulton County, Ga., that he'd threatened his wife to give him money for drugs, and that he warned there would be another killing if he didn't get a single-person cell in Polk County when he was jailed for Bowen's murder.

His robbery conviction in Louisiana was for a Mother's Day 2001 convenience store holdup in Baton Rouge, La., where the knife-wielding Roberts threatened to slice the throat of the female clerk.

Three more Texas prisoners are set to die in November, including one next week.

aboutime
11-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Little-Acorn. The primary reason they are so gentle to those SLIME BALLS is...the states cannot afford the expense of an ACLU lawsuit that makes claims the STATE...was using CRUEL, and UNUSUAL punishment.

That always applies unless.....A member of the ACLU happens to become a victim, or the relative of a victim of the SLIME BALL crimes.

Then, the ACLU acts like Obama, and Holder....ignoring the law, and constitution..Temporarily.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Bravo---:beer:----:salute:--Tyr

jafar00
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Little-Acorn. The primary reason they are so gentle to those SLIME BALLS is...the states cannot afford the expense of an ACLU lawsuit that makes claims the STATE...was using CRUEL, and UNUSUAL punishment.

That always applies unless.....A member of the ACLU happens to become a victim, or the relative of a victim of the SLIME BALL crimes.

Then, the ACLU acts like Obama, and Holder....ignoring the law, and constitution..Temporarily.

Yet when an Islamic country executes someone, you would be the first to condemn it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Yet when an Islamic country executes someone, you would be the first to condemn it.

Thats because they get fair trials here! Not religiously mandated executions as is the case there.
Woman gets raped and she gets stoned to death for it the man or men go free, etc.. -Tyr

aboutime
11-01-2012, 09:35 PM

jafar. Once again. You didn't quite tell the whole story, which is typical of you. You failed to include....When an Islamic country executes someone...That execution is either Beheading in public, stoning, or shoving someone into a hole....Alive.

And you call that Justice?

jafar00
11-01-2012, 11:49 PM
jafar. Once again. You didn't quite tell the whole story, which is typical of you. You failed to include....When an Islamic country executes someone...That execution is either Beheading in public, stoning, or shoving someone into a hole....Alive.

And you call that Justice?

I don't personally agree with executions so shoving them in a hole or injecting them with rat poison is no difference to me. The same result occurs.

SassyLady
11-02-2012, 04:11 AM

I am never one to condemn executions as punishment for intentionally murdering innocents, regardless of which country it is done.

Executing someone for being raped, expressing their opinion, wearing the wrong clothes, or expressing religious freedom is unacceptable in any country, Islamic or not.

Do you see the difference, Jafar?

aboutime
11-02-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't personally agree with executions so shoving them in a hole or injecting them with rat poison is no difference to me. The same result occurs.

jafar. If you are so dedicated. Then you at least...owe it to us. Or just me. To climb into a hole, be injected with rat poison, and show all of us how that RESULT pleases you....and US, so much.

You lied again with your first part of that statement above. You don't personally DISAGREE either if it makes no difference to you.

So. I will now call you what I have suspected you are, since you first arrived here to bring hatred, and filth to this forum.

You are a Terrorist supporter. NO IF'S, AND'S, OR BUT'S!

And a mindless one at that.
Personally. I don't care what anyone says about my words above. THE TRUTH ALWAYS WINS, AND CANNOT BE CHANGED.

Robert A Whit
11-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't like executions. Still CA has it on my ballot to end capital punishment.

I voted to keep capital punishment.

I also read the final statements by over a dozen TX inmates put to death. I think it was three of them that claimed to be innocent men.

They knew they could not stop being killed and one or two said people were witnessing a murder.

I sure wish that we could be more certain.

While may think I am contradicting myself, let me say that I had not been on the juries nor did I carefully study their cases. I am not saying they were innocent.

We have one of those now sitting on CA death row alleging he is innocent.

aboutime
11-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't like executions. Still CA has it on my ballot to end capital punishment.

I voted to keep capital punishment.

I also read the final statements by over a dozen TX inmates put to death. I think it was three of them that claimed to be innocent men.

They knew they could not stop being killed and one or two said people were witnessing a murder.

I sure wish that we could be more certain.

While may think I am contradicting myself, let me say that I had not been on the juries nor did I carefully study their cases. I am not saying they were innocent.

We have one of those now sitting on CA death row alleging he is innocent.

Robert. If you investigate fully. Almost a certainty. EVERY PERSON ON DEATH ROW...in any state. IS INNOCENT. Just ask them.

Robert A Whit
11-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Robert. If you investigate fully. Almost a certainty. EVERY PERSON ON DEATH ROW...in any state. IS INNOCENT. Just ask them.

When you decide you are my friend, just call me Bob.

I tend to agree yet only those I spoke of said they were innocent. The rest kept talking about God and asking to be forgiven by the vicitms and some commented they felt the injection.

One claimed it stings real bad. One said it felt fine. Soem said they would now sleep. Most though acted like they wanted to be forgiven.

When I was a Sr in high school, and I was in the chess club, the teacher asked for volunteers to play convicts chess at San Quenton Prison. 20 of us went on the school buss.

We were condidered a very good team.

I won a game, lost 2. We all played in total 60 games. We won 8. Lost 52

Those guys did not say they were innocent but had lots of time to study chess.

aboutime
11-02-2012, 05:18 PM
When you decide you are my friend, just call me Bob.

I tend to agree yet only those I spoke of said they were innocent. The rest kept talking about God and asking to be forgiven by the vicitms and some commented they felt the injection.

One claimed it stings real bad. One said it felt fine. Soem said they would now sleep. Most though acted like they wanted to be forgiven.

When I was a Sr in high school, and I was in the chess club, the teacher asked for volunteers to play convicts chess at San Quenton Prison. 20 of us went on the school buss.

We were condidered a very good team.

I won a game, lost 2. We all played in total 60 games. We won 8. Lost 52

Those guys did not say they were innocent but had lots of time to study chess.

Robert. No disrespect intended here. But I am very serious about who I can honestly call my friend, or friends.

This forum is a great place to become familiar with other human beings. But I honestly do believe. These days. We tend to take the use of words rather lightly. So. I cannot, honestly, or in good faith call anyone I have never met in person...my friend(s).

Unless I am able to look other people in the eye to observe their sincerity. I am careful in assuming anyone as my friends. Probably due to my long life of being around...possibly thousands of people. As in the Navy. And learning first hand; the difference between real friends, and those who claim to be friends...because of something they want, or need.

More so in today's world of Anonymity, where neighbors, co-workers, and even relatives seemed to have lost the ability to actually TALK, face to face with others. And instead. Are only capable of communicating with Electronic devices like Cell phones, tweeting, facebook, or beepers to speak in TINY made up WORDS that mean nothing but LAZINESS.

I apologize for rambling here. But. Though I respect you for your offer of friendship. I would be a hypocrite to simply agree.

Finally. Look at it this way. Someone I despise like Mister Obama speaks in public and looks us in the eye, then calls us "MY FRIENDS", and that...coming from the supposed, most powerful man on Earth...is nothing but HOT AIR. Mister obama IS NOT my friend.

Hope you see my point. And I thank you for your friendly offer.

Robert A Whit
11-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Robert. No disrespect intended here. But I am very serious about who I can honestly call my friend, or friends.

This forum is a great place to become familiar with other human beings. But I honestly do believe. These days. We tend to take the use of words rather lightly. So. I cannot, honestly, or in good faith call anyone I have never met in person...my friend(s).

Unless I am able to look other people in the eye to observe their sincerity. I am careful in assuming anyone as my friends. Probably due to my long life of being around...possibly thousands of people. As in the Navy. And learning first hand; the difference between real friends, and those who claim to be friends...because of something they want, or need.

More so in today's world of Anonymity, where neighbors, co-workers, and even relatives seemed to have lost the ability to actually TALK, face to face with others. And instead. Are only capable of communicating with Electronic devices like Cell phones, tweeting, facebook, or beepers to speak in TINY made up WORDS that mean nothing but LAZINESS.

I apologize for rambling here. But. Though I respect you for your offer of friendship. I would be a hypocrite to simply agree.

Finally. Look at it this way. Someone I despise like Mister Obama speaks in public and looks us in the eye, then calls us "MY FRIENDS", and that...coming from the supposed, most powerful man on Earth...is nothing but HOT AIR. Mister obama IS NOT my friend.

Hope you see my point. And I thank you for your friendly offer.

I once said something like that too on some forum on AOL.

So I do understand. My point is that Robert is very formal. I know nobody that calls me that. I wanted to use my name as Mom gave it to me so I used up all the letters the sign up would allow me to use. I shortened my last name but it does start as I stated.

I don't mean by friend that we would visit each other, but seem more alike on ideas than unlike. Some on this forum won't be asked to call me Bob. It is a priviledge but if you don't want it, no problem.

jimnyc
11-02-2012, 05:33 PM

I've explained this to you once before - the USA exhausts all avenues and has many, many trials and tries our damn best to ensure the guilt of someone who gets the death penalty. "We" condemn Islamic countries who execute people on sight, without trials, honor killings, for petty Shariah Law crimes and things that are outright not deserving of death. Leaving the Islamic faith is not worth killing someone, neither is desecrating the Quran, nor is blasphemy against Muhammed or the other dozens of reasons people are killed for in so many Islamic countries. You won't find people in the USA killed by courts/government without lengthy trials and incarceration. We all know for a FACT that this is not the case in so many Islamic countries.

aboutime
11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I once said something like that too on some forum on AOL.

So I do understand. My point is that Robert is very formal. I know nobody that calls me that. I wanted to use my name as Mom gave it to me so I used up all the letters the sign up would allow me to use. I shortened my last name but it does start as I stated.

I don't mean by friend that we would visit each other, but seem more alike on ideas than unlike. Some on this forum won't be asked to call me Bob. It is a priviledge but if you don't want it, no problem.

Seems like we understand one-another perfectly now Bob. Unfortunately. I must maintain my anonymity with just 'aboutime' since past experience here on the Internet, has earned some very consistent, untiring electronic enemies who never seem to grow up, or forget.

Thank you for understanding.

Robert A Whit
11-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Seems like we understand one-another perfectly now Bob. Unfortunately. I must maintain my anonymity with just 'aboutime' since past experience here on the Internet, has earned some very consistent, untiring electronic enemies who never seem to grow up, or forget.

Thank you for understanding.

I do understand. And I know that some people are a lot of trouble. Notice I did not ask you for your name. I am not going to be harmed by somebody knowing my name. I have yet to run into somebody who poses danger. I would remind them I am armed. And you are right that some won't grow up and use forums properly. They engage in board petty bickering as a thread is doing right now. I have remained out of that fight. I think you know what fight I speak of. I see hard feelings happeing in front of my eyes and Abbey has tried to put that fight into the cage.

aboutime
11-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I do understand. And I know that some people are a lot of trouble. Notice I did not ask you for your name. I am not going to be harmed by somebody knowing my name. I have yet to run into somebody who poses danger. I would remind them I am armed. And you are right that some won't grow up and use forums properly. They engage in board petty bickering as a thread is doing right now. I have remained out of that fight. I think you know what fight I speak of. I see hard feelings happeing in front of my eyes and Abbey has tried to put that fight into the cage.

Let's just enjoy our Freedom of Speech as long as it lasts here, and in our daily lives.

As far as being armed. I'd prefer keeping that as quiet as well. But my uncles Smitty, and Wess are always close by.

jafar00
11-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I've explained this to you once before - the USA exhausts all avenues and has many, many trials and tries our damn best to ensure the guilt of someone who gets the death penalty. "We" condemn Islamic countries who execute people on sight, without trials, honor killings, for petty Shariah Law crimes and things that are outright not deserving of death. Leaving the Islamic faith is not worth killing someone, neither is desecrating the Quran, nor is blasphemy against Muhammed or the other dozens of reasons people are killed for in so many Islamic countries. You won't find people in the USA killed by courts/government without lengthy trials and incarceration. We all know for a FACT that this is not the case in so many Islamic countries.

I think you will find that there is rule of law in Islamic countries with properly elected government. I understand where you are coming from when you talk about Taliban or Al Shabab making summary executions, but they are not legitimate government bodies. They are rag tag groups of criminals that managed to snatch power from a weak government and rule with an extremist iron fist in order to maintain their precarious hold on power.

jimnyc
11-02-2012, 10:21 PM
I think you will find that there is rule of law in Islamic countries with properly elected government. I understand where you are coming from when you talk about Taliban or Al Shabab making summary executions, but they are not legitimate government bodies. They are rag tag groups of criminals that managed to snatch power from a weak government and rule with an extremist iron fist in order to maintain their precarious hold on power.

I've seen gay people hung in the streets of Iran within a week of being "arrested". Men and women in Syria, Turkey, Pakistan & Afghanistan stoned for non-lethal crimes. To suggest the only time this happens is from those 2 groups, and not from Islamic governments, is hilarious. In fact, almost every single execution I have seen from every Islamic country was in a fairly short time after the accused got arrested. I don't think I've ever seen an execution take longer than 2 years, while in the US, most condemned will sit on death row for a decade or 2, and longer, before all appeals are exhausted and they actually get executed.

jafar00
11-03-2012, 04:12 AM
I've seen gay people hung in the streets of Iran within a week of being "arrested". Men and women in Syria, Turkey, Pakistan & Afghanistan stoned for non-lethal crimes. To suggest the only time this happens is from those 2 groups, and not from Islamic governments, is hilarious. In fact, almost every single execution I have seen from every Islamic country was in a fairly short time after the accused got arrested. I don't think I've ever seen an execution take longer than 2 years, while in the US, most condemned will sit on death row for a decade or 2, and longer, before all appeals are exhausted and they actually get executed.

Iran: I don't count them as an Islamic government. They are Shia. Shia'ism is not Islam. They are guilty of many perversions against Islam so I join your condemnation of them.

Turkey: When was the last Turkish execution you are talking about?

As of 2004, Turkey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey) does not have capital punishment. Since October 1984, Turkey has not executed any prisoners. Prior to that date executions would usually happen after military interventions.Adnan Menderes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Menderes), who served as Prime Minister was hanged on 17 September 1961 following the 1960 coup d'état (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Turkish_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat), along with two other cabinet members, Fatin Rüştü Zorlu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatin_R%C3%BC%C5%9Ft%C3%BC_Zorlu) and Hasan Polatkan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasan_Polatkan). The student leaders Deniz Gezmiş (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deniz_Gezmi%C5%9F), Hüseyin İnan and Yusuf Aslan were hanged on 6 May 1972 after the 1971 coup d'état (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Turkish_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat). After the 1980 coup d'état (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Turkish_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat), between 1980 and 1984 a total of 50 men including 27 political men but not women were executed in Turkey.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Turkey#cite_note-0)
By Law 4771 of 9 August 2002 (the 3rd Package for Harmonization with the European Union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Turkey_to_the_European_Union)) the death penalty was abolished for peace time offences. Law 5218 of 14 July 2004 abolished the death penalty for all times.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Turkey#cite_note-1) Turkey ratified (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratification) Protocol No. 13 to the European Convention on Human Rights (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Convention_on_Human_Rights#Protocol_13_-_complete_abolition_of_death_penalty) in February 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Turkey

Syria: Assad is a Secularist Dictator. His sect, the Alawi are an obscure offshoot of Shia'ism with aspects of other religions including Christianity thrown in. Not Islam.

Pakistan: Unfortunately, the govt is not in control of certain areas like Wazaristan where the Taliban and Al Qaeda rule. I am not surprised that there have been atrocities committed there. I refuse to describe Taliban and Al Qaeda actions as Islamic at all. What they do while high on the drugs they peddle to pay for their weapons goes against everything I know and have learned about my religion. They are an abomination.

jimnyc
11-03-2012, 06:19 AM
As usual, every person and entire countries are excluded from being Muslim when atrocities are pointed out. The excuses never end. You simply just deny every person as being not Muslim based on their actions, even though they ARE Muslims. It's very easy to proclaim your religion "peaceful" when you turn on the blinders to the millions in it that aren't peaceful and simply dismiss them.

Like I said before though, this only means that America is absolutely perfect. We have no criminals and no bad people at all here, as those that do that shit certainly aren't Americans. And of course Christians are perfect as well, nothing but the best people in the world living in God's image, never committing a single sin. Anyone who sins and claims to be a Christian is obviously lying and from a region we don't recognize as Christians.

Gaffer
11-03-2012, 07:39 AM
If there are all these different sects of islam then there cannot be 1.5 billion muslims in the world. I wonder how many real muslims there are?

jimnyc
11-03-2012, 07:48 AM
If there are all these different sects of islam then there cannot be 1.5 billion muslims in the world. I wonder how many real muslims there are?

Sounds like millions of them need to be taken off the roster. Hell, 75 million in Iran alone need to be discounted now, damn fake ragheads. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-03-2012, 08:52 AM

Ask Jafar, he can tell you. That is if he knows how many there are in the particular sect he belongs to.
It would appear these different sects each with millions in them believe only they are the true muslims!
That the other murdering savages are just misguided and falsely led.. That comes in mighty handy for an excuse when questioned about Islam's violence murder..-Tyr

jimnyc
11-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Ask Jafar, he can tell you. That is if he knows how many there are in the particular sect he belongs to.
It would appear these different sects each with millions in them believe only they are the true muslims!
That the other murdering savages are just misguided and falsely led.. That comes in mighty handy for an excuse when questioned about Islam's violence murder..-Tyr

That's an interesting angle, I guess Jafar is a fake Muslim, that's what my Iranian friend told me. Tis a shame that Jafar has been leading a fake life! :lol:

Gaffer
11-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Got this in an email. Interesting.

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/domestic-terrorism/terrorist-training-camps-in-the-us/660940716001/

Nothing to be concerned about. It's just a small minority and Jafar can explain them as not being real muslims.

jimnyc
11-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Got this in an email. Interesting.

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/domestic-terrorism/terrorist-training-camps-in-the-us/660940716001/

Nothing to be concerned about. It's just a small minority and Jafar can explain them as not being real muslims.

Of COURSE they are not real Muslims, silly! All that crap about jihad, global domination, infidels and all - just pure crap made up by Christians to make the "religion of peace" look bad. :lol:

gabosaurus
11-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Perhaps we should return to public executions, where the guilty die by the sword. Then we can all sing praises to Allah...er... God. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
11-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Perhaps we should return to public executions, where the guilty die by the sword. Then we can all sing praises to Allah...er... God. :rolleyes:

Not sure why anyone should reply to any regurgitated shit you spew out when you're too intellectually dishonest to reply when people make you look like an ass and prove you wrong, repeatedly.

aboutime
11-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Not sure why anyone should reply to any regurgitated shit you spew out when you're too intellectually dishonest to reply when people make you look like an ass and prove you wrong, repeatedly.

jimnyc. The one, and only reason I reply to anythiing gabby PUKES up, here is. I enjoy remembering how gabby brags about being so much smarter than everyone else.

Then..she personally proves that to be false. Just by posting.

jafar00
11-03-2012, 09:57 PM
That's an interesting angle, I guess Jafar is a fake Muslim, that's what my Iranian friend told me. Tis a shame that Jafar has been leading a fake life! :lol:

The Shia slander most of the companions of the Prophet (saw). In direct violation of an order from Mohamed (saw) not to slander his companions, and in violation of the Qur'aan where slander is sinful. They also have completely different ways of worship and different rituals.

Is this condoned by Islam??!!??
http://www.the-two-malcontents.com/wp-content/uploads/ashura2.jpg

They venerate their Imams and believe them to be sinless! Even the Prophets were not without sin! They make saints out of normal people and worship them as intercessors to Allah. This is unacceptable in Islam and makes them not Muslims.

tailfins
11-04-2012, 06:49 AM

It gives you a chance to be the "straight man":

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StraightMan

Straight Man
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Straightmanoots02_6683.png (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/TheOrderOfTheStick)
"Well, the straight guy is never given enough credit...[Bud] Abbott (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AbbottAndCostello) gets no credit for framing a gag, for the architecture, for the support, for the drive. He does everything except the punchline; he's amazing." — Mel Brooks (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/MelBrooks)

Somebody has to set up the joke so the funny guy can deliver the punch line. That's the Straight Man. He rarely gets the funny lines, but has to have impeccable timing and delivery so that the comic (the other half of a comedy duo) can hit it out of the park. Bud Abbott (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AbbottAndCostello) (widely considered the greatest Straight Man of all time) had to say "Who's on First? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhosOnFirst)" with just the right degree of earnestness and irritation so that Lou Costello (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AbbottAndCostello) could get big laughs saying "Whaddya askin' me for?". The best Straight Men are so good they can sometimes get laughs just by delivering a straight line so well the audience knows what's coming. (This is essentially the basis of Bob Newhart's "telephone" routines: he was playing the Straight Man to nothing (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheGhost).) Other straight men in comedy duos have included George Burns (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GeorgeBurns) (with Gracie Allen), Dean Martin (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeanMartin) (with Jerry Lewis (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JerryLewis)), and Dan Rowan (with Dick Martin of Laugh-In (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RowanAndMartinsLaugh-In)). In less-comedic works (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Dramedy), the Straight Man (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StraightMan) is a Foil (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Foil) for the Bunny-Ears Lawyer (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BunnyEarsLawyer), Magnificent Bastard (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagnificentBastard) or Loveable Rogue (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoveableRogue). If the Straight Man (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StraightMan) is the lead in an ensemble like a Power Trio (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerTrio) or Five-Man Band (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveManBand) or even a show with Loads and Loads of Characters (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoadsAndLoadsOfCharacters), this can lead to them suffering Designated Protagonist Syndrome (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DesignatedProtagonistSyndrome) by being overshadowed by the rest of the cast who get more interesting plot roles and character development (see also Standardised Leader (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StandardisedLeader)). The term can apply to women, but "comedic foil" is a more popular unisex term. In fact women in comic pairings have frequently played this role over the last few decades usually with Women Are Wiser (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WomenAreWiser) coming into play. In TV comedy, a Straight Man is frequently one half of an Odd Couple (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OddCouple). In a Power Trio (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerTrio), they usually play the "helpless observer" role. See also The Comically Serious (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheComicallySerious), Straight Man and Wise Guy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StraightManAndWiseGuy) and Only Sane Man (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OnlySaneMan). Also Deadpan Snarker (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeadpanSnarker), which quite a few comedic foils are. If multiple characters take turns playing Straight Man (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StraightMan), they have a game of Sanity Ball (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SanityBall). Not to be confused with (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IThoughtItMeant) a heterosexual man, as many, many examples on this page show.

tailfins
11-04-2012, 06:55 AM
The Shia slander most of the companions of the Prophet (saw). In direct violation of an order from Mohamed (saw) not to slander his companions, and in violation of the Qur'aan where slander is sinful. They also have completely different ways of worship and different rituals.

They venerate their Imams and believe them to be sinless! Even the Prophets were not without sin! They make saints out of normal people and worship them as intercessors to Allah. This is unacceptable in Islam and makes them not Muslims.

I boils down to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKKMdmPBWRk

jimnyc
11-04-2012, 08:27 AM

http://www.the-two-malcontents.com/wp-content/uploads/ashura2.jpg

Hey, I couldn't care less if you want to discount millions and millions and millions of Muslims. And I'm sure those couldn't care less about discounting those they disagree with who commit violent, vile and murderous acts. You guys can call one another not real Muslims forever for all I care. I just find it hilarious that both sides will seek ANY excuse and discount ANY Muslim who does ANYTHING wrong as not being real, and therefore being left to claim their religion is peaceful. But speaking of this "slander" and such, I guess it's only wrong if you do it to fellow Muslims, but a billion or so Muslims learning from grade school to hate the Jews is perfectly OK. And honestly, the irony is kind of funny to, because although you'll spin and deny it, here YOU are slandering the Shia Muslims! :laugh2:

aboutime
11-04-2012, 02:10 PM
jimnyc: Above all. No matter what excuses people like jafar comes up with. AT NO TIME during our short History of humans being on the Earth. Has anyone. From any country, religion, non-religion, zoo, sanctuary, river, forrest, jungle...ever been able to CHANGE THE TRUTH.

They claim to know, and preach the truth. But as the thousands of years of WARS, around the world has proven in their attempts to prove their claims of truth. NOT ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN RIGHT, or ABLE TO CHANGE IT.