PDA

View Full Version : My uncle carl the conservative

Robert A Whit
11-04-2012, 01:21 PM
My Uncle Carl was a staunch Conservative, and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago.

Since then he has voted Democrat.

aboutime
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM
My Uncle Carl was a staunch Conservative, and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago.

Bob. We experienced nearly the same thing, here in Virginia back in 2008. An elderly lady friend we hadn't seen for several years told us about how the Democrat Party sent her DEAD husband...of four years. A Thank You for Voting card. Signed by a local, Democrat member of the House of Representatives.

She was so mad. She was going to send it back. But held on to it as a reminder for future reference.

Last year. She too died at almost 90 years old. But she despised Obama, and Clinton so much. It made her angry whenever politics came up as she remembered her Fred...who Loved Reagan until he died....and NEVER VOTED FOR A DEMOCRAT.

Robert A Whit
11-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Bob. We experienced nearly the same thing, here in Virginia back in 2008. An elderly lady friend we hadn't seen for several years told us about how the Democrat Party sent her DEAD husband...of four years. A Thank You for Voting card. Signed by a local, Democrat member of the House of Representatives.

She was so mad. She was going to send it back. But held on to it as a reminder for future reference.

Last year. She too died at almost 90 years old. But she despised Obama, and Clinton so much. It made her angry whenever politics came up as she remembered her Fred...who Loved Reagan until he died....and NEVER VOTED FOR A DEMOCRAT.

She should have reported it to the police.

Glad to know you are in VA. I have roamed up and down I95 and as far west as Charlottesville.
I have a good friend that develops land there and is in Loudon County. I am not sure how much land he lives on but I think it was upwards of 15 acres and has a creek. I think he divided it and sold some parcels. He was in the Army with me in Germany in 1962-3. He left sooner than I had left. Oh, he and his family will vote for Romney.

aboutime
11-04-2012, 04:13 PM
She should have reported it to the police.

Glad to know you are in VA. I have roamed up and down I95 and as far west as Charlottesville.
I have a good friend that develops land there and is in Loudon County. I am not sure how much land he lives on but I think it was upwards of 15 acres and has a creek. I think he divided it and sold some parcels. He was in the Army with me in Germany in 1962-3. He left sooner than I had left. Oh, he and his family will vote for Romney.

VA. is a great state to live in, once you are away from Richmond, and the DC area, with the Marylanders who have PEP BOYS licenses.

Been here permanently since 1980, with the Navy controlling my life.
Started here in 1964, after Boot camp.

Except for the rolling hills of Pennsylvania...my state of birth. Virginia has something for everybody. History of the Civil War predominantly in nearly every county. And then..... WE HAVE THE ANGRY NAVY...against Obama.

Robert A Whit
11-04-2012, 04:44 PM
VA. is a great state to live in, once you are away from Richmond, and the DC area, with the Marylanders who have PEP BOYS licenses.

Been here permanently since 1980, with the Navy controlling my life.
Started here in 1964, after Boot camp.

Except for the rolling hills of Pennsylvania...my state of birth. Virginia has something for everybody. History of the Civil War predominantly in nearly every county. And then..... WE HAVE THE ANGRY NAVY...against Obama.

As you know, to get to Manassas, one has to get away from I95 and in fact I believe I took 66 out of Falls Church. Have to verify that. I went to the wilderness and reviewed what happened there. I had read a great book on those battles so wanted to see in person. I also followed in detail Lee's final campaign. Where he went, I went. Out of Spottsvalania, i drove over Lake Anna and then to Monticello to see how Jefferson lived. I also visited Mt. Vernon. I am not a fan of snow on the ground. Visits are fine. Also, high humidity in summer is not my kind of weather. But VA impressed me in the fall. PA is also a nice looking state and I drove through some of it. My last visit I came south out of NY State on 15 and stayed at Hershey, PA then visited Gettysburgh. I have only been in PA in the fall season. That time of year, even the upper NY state and it's west part was nice to visit.

aboutime
11-04-2012, 05:19 PM
As you know, to get to Manassas, one has to get away from I95 and in fact I believe I took 66 out of Falls Church. Have to verify that. I went to the wilderness and reviewed what happened there. I had read a great book on those battles so wanted to see in person. I also followed in detail Lee's final campaign. Where he went, I went. Out of Spottsvalania, i drove over Lake Anna and then to Monticello to see how Jefferson lived. I also visited Mt. Vernon. I am not a fan of snow on the ground. Visits are fine. Also, high humidity in summer is not my kind of weather. But VA impressed me in the fall. PA is also a nice looking state and I drove through some of it. My last visit I came south out of NY State on 15 and stayed at Hershey, PA then visited Gettysburgh. I have only been in PA in the fall season. That time of year, even the upper NY state and it's west part was nice to visit.

My oldest, Marine son, and his two little one's live near Fredericksburg. Whenever he can. He takes the two boys out to see as much of the Historic battlefields, monuments, and Buildings as he can.
Most of my Virginia adventures have been on the water. Navy ships tend to float better that way LOL. Sorry. Couldn't resist. This is the time of year to see the Mountains along rt. 64, headed toward Tennessee, Kentucky, and West Virginia.
This entire NATION is an endless Wonderland of new sites for anyone who has never gotten out of the city, or away from traffic.

Grand Canyon, Rockies, Plains, Both Oceans, Great Lakes, Appalachian and on, and on, and on.

But as people. We still can't find agreement about being THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH.

gabosaurus
11-04-2012, 06:16 PM

Dead people voting in Chicago is an age old tradition.
There was a comedian who once said "people in Chicago die everyday, but their vote lives on forever."

Drummond
11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Dead people voting in Chicago is an age old tradition.
There was a comedian who once said "people in Chicago die everyday, but their vote lives on forever."

Were his initials 'B.H.O' ?

aboutime
11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Were his initials 'B.H.O' ?

Drummond. Those who are familiar with it, and those initials...B.H.O. also know the word A.C.O.R.N. applies as well.

In fact. Mister Obama, the community organizer, and criminal instructor of Cheating, and Stealing. Actually admitted to teaching members how to register the Dead, along with the Criminal element who are the Growing Muslim Brotherhood Wing of Chicago Politics.

The RAHM Emanuall Capone, School of Chicago Murder Inc.

Robert A Whit
11-04-2012, 09:36 PM
My oldest, Marine son, and his two little one's live near Fredericksburg. Whenever he can. He takes the two boys out to see as much of the Historic battlefields, monuments, and Buildings as he can.
Most of my Virginia adventures have been on the water. Navy ships tend to float better that way LOL. Sorry. Couldn't resist. This is the time of year to see the Mountains along rt. 64, headed toward Tennessee, Kentucky, and West Virginia.
This entire NATION is an endless Wonderland of new sites for anyone who has never gotten out of the city, or away from traffic.

Grand Canyon, Rockies, Plains, Both Oceans, Great Lakes, Appalachian and on, and on, and on.

But as people. We still can't find agreement about being THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH.

I know where that city is. I did not pull off I-95 to visit that one though. I saw the battle sites around Richmond and Petersburg. I think Kids enjoy history so long as the adult is making sense of what happened.

I have been on several Navy ships. Two battle ships and two carriers. A Navy client invited me to come on the Nimitx and that was awesome. Then the Hornet docked on display at Alameda, CA. I was on the Wisconsin at Norfolk, VA. The Missouri when it was active and had docked at San Francisco. :thumb:

Abbey Marie
11-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Johnny Carson speaking as Karnak, holding up a sealed envelope to his forehead: "Five times in one nght".

Johnny reading the answer inside the envelope: "How they vote in Chicago".

:laugh:

aboutime
11-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I know where that city is. I did not pull off I-95 to visit that one though. I saw the battle sites around Richmond and Petersburg. I think Kids enjoy history so long as the adult is making sense of what happened.

I have been on several Navy ships. Two battle ships and two carriers. A Navy client invited me to come on the Nimitx and that was awesome. Then the Hornet docked on display at Alameda, CA. I was on the Wisconsin at Norfolk, VA. The Missouri when it was active and had docked at San Francisco. :thumb:

Impressive, aren't they? I served on Eight ships over my entire career. The BIG E, about to be decommissioned was the first in 1965. The rest is History. Got a special place in my heart for each as a member of the crew...family, to be more exact.

I will forever miss it, and when I retired in 1995. I had the pleasure, and honor to be PIPED ashore, with Four Bells from my last ship.

Everyone should get to visit a Navy ship. It gives you a greater appreciation for those who Go down to the sea...in ships.