PDA

View Full Version : As huge Republican turnout looms, dispirited Dems stay home in increasing numbers

Little-Acorn
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Year. . . GOP voters . . Dem voters (million)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 . . . . 36 . . . . . . . . 42 . . . non-Presidential election, after too high Repub govt deficits and liberal programs
2008 . . . . 60 . . . . . . . . 69 . . . Presidential election, more high Repub deficits, huge enthusiasm for unknown Obama
2010 . . . . 41 . . . . . . . . 36 . . . non-Presidential election, after HUGE Dem deficits and Obama's agenda is revealed
2012 . . . . ?? . . . . . . . . .?? . . . Presidential election, after Americans find even more Obama agenda while Repubs fight tax and spending hikes

EXPLANATION

In 2006, Republican voters weren't too enthusiastic for their candidate. Their politicians had been spending like drunken sailors, GWB had signed a new Prescription Drug entitlement and other such liberal bills into law, etc.

In November 2006, only 36 million Republicans voted, while 42 million Democrats voted.

In 2008, Republicans were pretty much the same, while Democrats had an exciting new candidate they were hugely enthusiastic about.

In November 2008, 60 million Republicans voted while 69 million Democrats voted.

But in 2010, things changed. By then, many Democrats were disappointed in their formerly-exciting candidate, who seemed to spend most of his time playing golf, pushing outlandish programs, and strong-arming congressmen into taking over 1/6 of the nation's economy in a socialized-medicine progam most normal Americans didn't want. In the meantime, unemployment remained in the 8-10% range, with no end in sight. While Democrats were relatively dispirited, Republicans were up in arms over the same things, and went charging into the polls in November 2010.

In November 2010, 41 million Republicans voted, while only 36 million Democrats voted.

Now we're coming up to the 2012 elections, and things are pretty much the same things are true. Democrats are disappointed and dispirited, while Republicans are alarmed, and generating huge enthusiasm for voting.

In November 2012... well, how many Republicans do you think will vote, and how many Democrats?

More Dems voted in 2006 than GOP, and the same thing happened in 2008.

Now, more GOP voted in 2010 than Dems. Will the same thing happen in 2012?

11-05-2012, 01:32 AM
I sure as heck hope so. One day left till it all goes down.

aboutime
11-05-2012, 05:02 PM
I sure as heck hope so. One day left till it all goes down.

ME TOO! Now. I think we should all pray for Obama. Pray that his prayers to Allah are answered, and he leaves Washinton DC, on his FLYING CARPET, back to Chicago, and the Land that CAPONE...DID BUILD!

gabosaurus
11-05-2012, 05:35 PM
:link:

KarlMarx
11-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Which was the bigger disaster, Obama or Hurricane Sandy?

From an economic perspective, that is?

Hurricane Sandy = $50 Billion

Obama = ?

Assume the average person makes 40,000 a year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_income_in_the_United_States)... now assume 10 million jobs lost because of Obama's economic policies

40,000 x 10,000,000 = 400 Billion dollars

Obama is the bigger disaster by a factor of 8 to 1.

Hurricane Obama... soon to be downgraded ....

cadet
11-05-2012, 06:04 PM
My college had a "Mock vote", to see if we can determine the outcome. Romney won 84-56 according to our mail room.

We'll see how this turns out...

cadet
11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-57545257/polls-on-eve-of-election-presidential-race-remains-a-toss-up/

This has got me freakin out a bit. Can anyone guess who I want to be in charge of me when I join the branch?

Trigg
11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
I've been saying all along that I am cautiously optimistic that Romney will win.

I think he will, it's gonna be a nail biter though.

aboutime
11-05-2012, 08:00 PM
:link:

Link for what gabby? Are you questioning the Messiah's Flying Carpet?

aboutime
11-05-2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-57545257/polls-on-eve-of-election-presidential-race-remains-a-toss-up/

This has got me freakin out a bit. Can anyone guess who I want to be in charge of me when I join the branch?

Not hard to guess cadet. Hope we are all happier tomorrow with the news.

Kathianne
11-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I've been saying all along that I am cautiously optimistic that Romney will win.

Ok, I'm going large. I'm thinking Romney blowout. Truth is, was there a month ago. Last week or so, I was conflicted. Back to win!

Kathianne
11-05-2012, 08:02 PM
If Obama wins, you'll all have to help me, as I'll be coding without health insurance!

Trigg
11-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Ok, I'm going large. I'm thinking Romney blowout. Truth is, was there a month ago. Last week or so, I was conflicted. Back to win!

:cheers2: Here's to you being right!!

His rally in Pennsylvania was awesome to see. All those people (20,000-30,000) in the cold on a Sunday night.

I'll be staying up late to watch the results.

Gaffer
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
It's going to be a Romney blow out. My gut feeling tells me so. And I don't believe the polls or the media as that's just to keep people tuned into watch. It's about ratings.

aboutime
11-05-2012, 08:15 PM
If Obama wins, you'll all have to help me, as I'll be coding without health insurance!

Kathianne. This is not a joke. If Obama wins tomorrow. Many of us...according to Valerie Jarrett, of Obama's staff, will end up in jail, or be fined for daring to Disagree, or Speak negatively about Obama.

You see. They (Obama's Black Panthers) have promised, and threatened Americans, if Obama loses.

On the other side of that Illegal Coin. They have also promised, and threatened Americans if he wins.

Thankfully. Many of us have sharp relatives living with us, like my two Uncles Smitty, and Wess.

Gaffer
11-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Kathianne. This is not a joke. If Obama wins tomorrow. Many of us...according to Valerie Jarrett, of Obama's staff, will end up in jail, or be fined for daring to Disagree, or Speak negatively about Obama.

You see. They (Obama's Black Panthers) have promised, and threatened Americans, if Obama loses.

On the other side of that Illegal Coin. They have also promised, and threatened Americans if he wins.

Thankfully. Many of us have sharp relatives living with us, like my two Uncles Smitty, and Wess.

Speaking of sharp relatives, there's always Mr. Bowie.

Little-Acorn
11-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Many of us...according to Valerie Jarrett, of Obama's staff, will end up in jail, or be fined for daring to Disagree, or Speak negatively about Obama.

Link?

Or just the usual election hyperbole?

11-05-2012, 11:27 PM

I don't. I think there are going to be alot of surprises that favor Romney tomorrow.

SassyLady
11-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Speaking of sharp relatives, there's always Mr. Bowie.

No sharp relatives .... I do have an Uncle Smitty and a nephew we call ruger. No Mr. Bowies, but we do have a few gerber bear grylls' taking up space at my place.

aboutime
11-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Link?

Or just the usual election hyperbole?

Little-Acorn. I'm looking for the link now. I have a standard here I am proud of. I never post anything that is a Lie, or Hyperbole.

No need to make stuff up...that become lies, when so much honest information is available.

Stand-by for a Link.

Found one, and another has been pulled....

http://reaganiterepublicanresistance.blogspot.com/2012/11/valerie-jarrett-now-threatening-revenge.html