PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else disgusted?

Gadget (fmr Marine)
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
I am sick of hearing the commander in chief using "preacher" inflection at his speeches lately...it sounds quite idiotic, and not very presidential. I wouldn't like it if it came from Howard Cain, JC Watts, Colin Powell, George Bush, Bill Clinton, or any other Presidential nominee or candidate.

It sounds pathetic and absolutely like he is pandering... which he is...reminds me of Reverend Obama?

http://youtu.be/ExG7Ut6DJ1E

PostmodernProphet
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I watched the video muted and enjoyed it immensely.....can I have an Amen, brothers?!.....

KitchenKitten99
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I love that movie... if it were made today, would it be considered racist?

aboutime
11-05-2012, 02:59 PM
We all know. When Obama takes on that phony Ghetto brand of English Trashing. It's directed at those Americans he, and the Democrats have been fooling, and convincing HE IS THE Man, who isn't really smarter than them...when he talks like them.

Obama is such a GOOD liar, and so able to completely HOODWINK Black Americans. It proves how he depends on LOW EXPECTATIONS from Low Educational backgrounds are always so willing to ADMIRE someone who looks like them. But they simply refuse to accept how Obama has been playing them. Much like LBJ and the Democrats began to play them back in the 1960's, with the GREAT SOCIETY idea's that STILL haven't come true.

Obama is a disrespectful, selfish ANTI-Dr. King, and Lincoln pretender. Nothing more. And his Lies will HOPEFULLY remove him from office, and send him back to The Headquarters of ACORN in Chicago.

Kathianne
11-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I think the 'black talk' is him trying to get some segment of his last election cadre to show up. He's lost women, independents, the youth, and even the seniors he's tried to scare silly.

That leaves the 'black vote.' Somehow I don't think his way of speaking is going to change things:

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/11/04/black-depression/

November 4, 2012 Black Depression The October employment numbers deepened the gloom among African Americans and those (including the Via Meadia team) who believe that the United States as a whole cannot progress as it should unless African Americans are getting ahead too. As a report from Think Progress (http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/11/03/after-sandy-can-new-york-be-made-safe-from-the-sea-should-we-care/) reminds us, in October, African American unemployment rose almost a full percentage point to 14.3 percent.

As we’ve noted in earlier posts, unemployment is only part of the story. America’s Black middle class is facing a crisis of historic proportions. African Americans were among the biggest losers in the housing bubble; well intentioned but ill advised policy changes intended to get more low income families and marginal households into home ownership kicked in just in time to lure African American families into the housing market at the peak of the bubble. The loss of wealth and savings has been nothing short of catastrophic; decades of progress in building net worth for middle class and lower middle class minority families have been wiped out since 2007.

Some of President Obama’s political opponents are using these numbers to bludgeon the administration, but politics aside, the crisis of the Black middle class is a crisis for the whole country. The Think Progress report repeats boilerplate liberal, blue model orthodoxies about the situation but if anything it understates the severity and significance of the problem; the biggest sources of middle class employment for African American workers (government and manufacturing) are drying up and for a variety of reasons African Americans are less likely to benefit from the new jobs that are opening up or to have the access to capital for small business start ups...

gabosaurus
11-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I've been disgusted for several months. At the campaigns run by both candidates.

Drummond
11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I've been disgusted for several months. At the campaigns run by both candidates.

... but is that 'patriotic', Gabby (note avatar ..) ??

jafar00
11-05-2012, 07:29 PM

It's often remarked here across the pond that the US election campaigns are getting nastier every time. And that's saying someone. Here in Aus, we are fed up with politicians wasting time arguing about who is better rather than just doing what is best for the country.

aboutime
11-05-2012, 08:41 PM

Finally, again. Gabby. We all agree 100% with you when you say...You've been disgusting. And for most of us. It has been longer than for several months. Forget the campaigns. This is about YOU.

SassyLady
11-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Using the preacher cadence is not new. That's why I couldn't stand to listen to him the first time he campaigned.

11-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Disgusted about that? No. I think it's insulting and condescending. But what do you expect from a man who has incredible hubris?

No, what's disgusting is his talk about voting for Revenge and Valerie Jarret's creepy comments about getting back everyone who opposed them next term.

SassyLady
11-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Everyone used to vilify Rove as Bush's puppet master, but people should be looking a lot closer at Jarrett. I believe she is a disciple of Alinksy.

I think some people in Romney's campaign have read the "Rules for Radicals" and are turning the tables on the Obama camp. Seems to be working. And, he's doing it in a very subtle way. Steadily putting on the pressure.

BTW ... did anyone else hear that the campaign managers for McCain/Palin ... Schmidt and Wallace actually voted for Obama?