PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to have to vote for one democrat tomorrow

Gaffer
11-05-2012, 03:34 PM
So we have two guys running for sheriff here in Hamilton County. As it happens I know both of them having worked with both and know them personally. Of the two the guy running as a democrat is the one I would chose. I'm just not pleased with who all supports him which is the unions. Jimmy Hoffa actually came here for a rally to support him. But at the same time the other guy was a crony type with the old sheriff. Nepotism and crony-ism have been the rule for the last 25 years. I expect it will be a tight race.

Kathianne
11-05-2012, 04:46 PM
So we have two guys running for sheriff here in Hamilton County. As it happens I know both of them having worked with both and know them personally. Of the two the guy running as a democrat is the one I would chose. I'm just not pleased with who all supports him which is the unions. Jimmy Hoffa actually came here for a rally to support him. But at the same time the other guy was a crony type with the old sheriff. Nepotism and crony-ism have been the rule for the last 25 years. I expect it will be a tight race.

I would vote for the anti-crony every time! Actually in my local elections D's are often the best choice. I live in a very RED county and nepotism and cronyism are common amongst those entrenched.

tailfins
11-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I did likewise. I had to vote absentee because I'm only home on weekends.

gabosaurus
11-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I have voted for many Republicans. Especially when I lived in the Bay Area, home of some of the craziest left wing loonies ever created.

If you are too lazy to examine the candidates of each race on their individuals merits, you shouldn't be voting.

In the Dallas area, there are city council candidates seeking votes on the basis of their being "pro-life, anti-immigration." Which really matters in suburban government, I suppose. :rolleyes:

fj1200
11-06-2012, 08:36 AM
In my county I have no choice but to vote for a Dem as they typically run unopposed except for Fed offices. I just checked the local ballot so I expect to vote for none or vote for "any" third party candidate as I rail against the duopoly of our two party system. :poke: