PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota blogger puts it exactly as I have tried...

KitchenKitten99
11-05-2012, 09:07 PM
http://conservativeminnesotans.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html

... No, the problem, as with so many liberal sentiments, is a failure to believe others can disagree with them in good faith. They must be haters, bigots, knuckle draggers & mouth breathers. Well great, then what? Anyone capable of being swayed (and there are more who are so capable than the liberal left or progressives think) is instead put off. Why? Because they've been insulted, not drawn into a discussion that values their concerns and reservations but instead puts those admirable qualities to shame. Liberals are axiomatic. Life is not. Voters with reservations about any particular liberal policy, let alone fundamentals like marriage, should be approached with respect, listened to and not shouted at and certainly not, from some unwarranted a priori vantage point, be called bigots. How can the obvious be so difficult to them?

Every state that has given its citizens a voice in the matter has supported the definition of traditional marriage. My, that's quite a lot of mouth breathers! Even California could not be persuaded. There, however, the left could not bring itself to face reality (would they be liberals if they could?). The outrage of progressives was directed against the Mormon Church, whose position on this issue is no different than the Roman Catholic Church, Muslims both Sunni and Shi'ite as well as Orthodox Jews and the world-wide Orthodox Christian Church.

11-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Excellent article. I didnt even realize there was a marriage amendment on the polls in Minnesota.

KitchenKitten99
11-06-2012, 01:12 AM
There is, and judging by how loud (and often obnoxious) the more vocal people of the Vote No campaign can be, you'd think it was gonna pass in a landslide. Apparently most 'yes' voters are keeping close to the vest because they just don't want the hassle.

What is really funny is I was planning on voting No, but after being pigeon-holed for a yes vote when I say I'm conservative...I am leaning to a 'yes' vote and if it does pass, maybe next time the jerks will ask nicely and not insult those whom they wish to give them their way.

SassyLady
11-06-2012, 04:54 AM
There is, and judging by how loud (and often obnoxious) the more vocal people of the Vote No campaign can be, you'd think it was gonna pass in a landslide. Apparently most 'yes' voters are keeping close to the vest because they just don't want the hassle.

What is really funny is I was planning on voting No, but after being pigeon-holed for a yes vote when I say I'm conservative...I am leaning to a 'yes' vote and if it does pass, maybe next time the jerks will ask nicely and not insult those whom they wish to give them their way.

You summed up exactly how I feel.

KitchenKitten99
11-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Both amendments did not pass yet even more disturbing is that most people here seemed more interested in those not passing than the other elections, including President.

I told them that when the economy collapses and we become a 3rd world country, open to being invaded, their social issues won't mean squat.