PDA

View Full Version : THE FIRST RESULTS ARE IN: Romney, Obama *tied* 5-5 in Dixville Notch, NH

Little-Acorn
11-06-2012, 01:05 AM
In this heavily liberal area, Barack Obama won 16-5 in 2008.

Not this time, though.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories/stories/wgme_vid_14179.shtml

BREAKING NEWS: Obama, Romney tie in Dixville Notch, NH in first official votes of 2012 Presidential election
In a sign that the 2012 presidential election is likely to be a close race, President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney each received 5 votes in the town of Dixville Notch, NH. The votes are the first official votes tallied in the 2012 Presidential race. In 2008, President Obama defeated GOP nominee John McCain 16-5 in Dixville Notch, en route to a convincing electoral win.

SassyLady
11-06-2012, 04:51 AM
:salute:

Trigg
11-06-2012, 09:38 AM
In this heavily liberal area, Barack Obama won 16-5 in 2008.

Not this time, though.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories/stories/wgme_vid_14179.shtml

BREAKING NEWS: Obama, Romney tie in Dixville Notch, NH in first official votes of 2012 Presidential election
In a sign that the 2012 presidential election is likely to be a close race, President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney each received 5 votes in the town of Dixville Notch, NH. The votes are the first official votes tallied in the 2012 Presidential race. In 2008, President Obama defeated GOP nominee John McCain 16-5 in Dixville Notch, en route to a convincing electoral win.

Well it looks like, unless Dixville Notch lost some residents, that dem enthusiasm is in fact down. Either that, or the republicans there hog tied the other 11 people who voted for bambam in 2008.

Anton Chigurh
11-06-2012, 09:54 AM
I predict Obama will enjoy a towering early lead...

Until republican voters get off work!

Thunderknuckles
11-06-2012, 10:40 AM
First time I ever heard of this little town was on talk radio this morning. Had to do a little research on them to get an idea on why they even made the news. With that said, the results are not good in my view.
Forget the 2008 election. Looking at the voting history of this town, 2008 was an anomaly. This place has a 50 year history of voting Republican with two exceptions: 1968 and 2008.
Throughout their voting history they average about single digits in favor of Democrats and double digits in favor of Republicans. The current results show that Democrat enthusiasm is about normal while Republican enthusiasm is WAY down. For a heavily Republican town, only 5 voted for Romney despite knowing what Obama has done with the country in the last 4 years. If this town is any indication, and I'm not saying it is, Obama will be re-elected.

11-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Of course they are tied. They still both have zero ECVs.

CSM
11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Just so ya know, the dynamics of that little town have changed simply because two large families moved away.

Thunderknuckles
11-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Just so ya know, the dynamics of that little town have changed simply because two large families moved away.
:link:
This town really has me fascinated. Love to learn more.

CSM
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
:link:
This town really has me fascinated. Love to learn more.

Actually, Dixville Notch is a precinct and not a town. That whole ae is in the heart of the White mountains of NH. Not a lot up there except for tourist things.

aboutime
11-06-2012, 04:02 PM
I predict Obama will enjoy a towering early lead...

Until republican voters get off work!

Anton. Well said. And enough to make us think about what you said.

Consider how all of the naturally Unemployed...on purpose, who depend on govt....Probably voted early for Obama and Democrats.

Then consider how the successful, Employed, responsible people will vote As you said...after they get home from work.

Wonder who they will vote for...anyone?