PDA

View Full Version : I voted!

11-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Been working the polls today too. Felt good. I just needed to grab a few more pairs of socks to keep my toes warm:)

Dont forget to vote today

Thunderknuckles
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Dont forget to vote today
I don't think that is possible for anyone on this forum :p

CSM
11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
I went to vote early this morning. I took Obama's message to heart and voted for revenge!

Thunderknuckles
11-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I won't be voting until after getting home from work and after picking my son up from his Karate class, so figure I'll be voting around 6PM PST.
The wife already has some pork ribs slow cooking in the crock pot and will be picking up some beer and various snacks for tonight. It's the political Super Bowl for us as I'm sure it is for many of you :)

Anton Chigurh
11-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Our Constitution - Article 4 Section 4: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government."

Samuel Adams - "The utopian schemes of leveling [redistribution of wealth], and a community of goods, are as visionary and impracticable as those that vest all property in the Crown. [These ideas] are arbitrary, despotic, and, in our government, unconstitutional."

James Madison, author of the Constitution - "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

aboutime
11-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Done! I also followed Obama's suggestion, and thought about that REVENGE as I voted for Romney and Ryan.

Life's a Beach. Voting against Obama. A Pleasure.

Robert A Whit
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
I won't be voting until after getting home from work and after picking my son up from his Karate class, so figure I'll be voting around 6PM PST.
The wife already has some pork ribs slow cooking in the crock pot and will be picking up some beer and various snacks for tonight. It's the political Super Bowl for us as I'm sure it is for many of you :)

I am not absent. The poll place is just over 1 block from me. I like to use the so called absentee ballot. I can walk that block for free. I walked 3 blocks to the local PO and paid .65 in postage.

So, why not merely walk the block?

I think it is because when I started using the absentee ballot, I was about to leave on a trip so to ensure I voted, I asked for the absentee form.

I like it.

I can mull over decisions all day long. I can use the sample ballot and mark votes then if I want to, change my vote.

What annoys me is the local people running for office never mention party. I know what Democrats want and I want just the opposite so I sure wish I knew the party of our locals.

I had used my sample ballot to vote for city council. I changed one vote. I discovered this Korean guy was a republican. I cancelled the other vote to vote for him. I probably voted for a Chinese woman to remain on city council. I have been elected myself and I value knowledge of what is going on. It takes new people more time than they think it will to get up to speed.

When I got elected, I had to master the book called Roberts Rules of Order. Had I not learned it, I would have been a sitting duck in the meetings.

Often I can tell their party by what they brag about.

Gaffer
11-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I noticed that the republicans were always listed second or last on the ballots. After I figured that out, when there was no party listed and I didn't know about the person I voted for the one listed second or last.

Abbey Marie
11-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Anyone hear about the polling place in Philly that had a giant mural of Obama on the wall right behing the voting booths?

aboutime
11-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Anyone hear about the polling place in Philly that had a giant mural of Obama on the wall right behing the voting booths?

Abbey. I saw that on the DRUDGE REPORT only. And not like I didn't expect to hear such a thing.

Based on many past years of going to the polls. Nothing surprises me. Thankfully, much of the stupidity is minor, and just the Testing of Ignorance by Ignorant people. To see WHAT, and HOW MUCH they can get away with...before Whining about something stupid.

11-06-2012, 09:24 PM

Yes. It was one of my friends who caught it, and notified the media.

Judge ordered it covered as it should have always been.

They are calling PA for Obama in some places. I dont accept that until the vote is done.

gabosaurus
11-06-2012, 11:34 PM
My sister, 32 years old and among the most apolitical people ever, voted in her first presidential election.

At the present, we are attempting to tally the vote in my politically divided family.
My side of the family normally votes Democratic (except for my cousin in Dallas).
My husband's side of the family votes Republican. I might have won over my mother-in-law, but she won't tell anyone. :laugh:

Robert A Whit
11-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Oh Lord
The day my vote helped elect Jimmy Carter, I was in heaven.

I mean that.

Today the country ratified it's enormous mistake. How the hell can people get fooled over and over.

I sure did not vote for Carter when Reagan ran against him.

I got smarter. I abandoned the Democrat party as being full of crapola.

The media did a very poor job explaining the daily suffering of those hit by Sandy. My news makes it seem Obama saved them all. Then today I watch a video proving that the people to this moment are suffering and they say Obama is full of crap. They want help. They are not getting it.

gabosaurus
11-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Oh Lord
The day my vote helped elect Jimmy Carter, I was in heaven.

I mean that.

Today the country ratified it's enormous mistake. How the hell can people get fooled over and over.

I sure did not vote for Carter when Reagan ran against him.

I got smarter. I abandoned the Democrat party as being full of crapola.

The media did a very poor job explaining the daily suffering of those hit by Sandy. My news makes it seem Obama saved them all. Then today I watch a video proving that the people to this moment are suffering and they say Obama is full of crap. They want help. They are not getting it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--EpkZv9qsUc/TmjiXZsVNhI/AAAAAAAABD8/ATgWvRhgnb4/s1600/O%2BYOU%2BMAD%252C%2BBRO%2B2011%2B9-7.jpg

SassyLady
11-07-2012, 12:19 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--EpkZv9qsUc/TmjiXZsVNhI/AAAAAAAABD8/ATgWvRhgnb4/s1600/O%2BYOU%2BMAD%252C%2BBRO%2B2011%2B9-7.jpg

Not mad, Gabby, sad. Sad for America and the horrendous mess we are headed toward.

Nell's Room
11-07-2012, 12:21 AM

Yes, and I doubt Obama had any control over that.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Back in 2000, Dems lost an extremely close Presidential election. Thought they got screwed.
Republicans said to forget about it. Game over, let it go.

In 2004, Dems felt they had a great chance to oust the evil incumbent. They lost. Many were really distraught, felt the country was ruined.
Republicans declared a mandate and told Dems they just needed to accept it.

So why is this election different? America is a great country. It's not going to hell.
Relax and let it go.

SassyLady
11-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Back in 2000, Dems lost an extremely close Presidential election. Thought they got screwed.

In 2004, Dems felt they had a great chance to oust the evil incumbent. They lost. Many were really distraught, felt the country was ruined.

So why is this election different? America is a great country. It's not going to hell.
Relax and let it go.

Did you let it go?

Thunderknuckles
11-07-2012, 12:58 AM
America is a great country. It's not going to hell.
Relax and let it go.
Disagreed Gabby. America is in decline. We should NOT relax and let it go.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 01:12 AM
Did you let it go?

I never had it in the first place. This is the only place I have ever discussed or debated the election.
I'm totally over it.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Disagreed Gabby. America is in decline. We should NOT relax and let it go.

We need to let the 2012 general election go. The state of the country should be a work in progress.

Thunderknuckles
11-07-2012, 01:17 AM
We need to let the 2012 general election go. The state of the country should be a work in progress.
A more sensible response. Thank you.

Robert A Whit
11-07-2012, 01:46 AM

Relax and let it go.

Yesterday, the 5th, I watched the former Chief Justice of Florida give h is version of what happened in 2000. He stated some interesting things and the man is a loyal democrat.

First he said he expected the USSC to step in, only he thought it was to be later. He said the Gore group should have accepted defeat in the first place since he thought that what happened in Florida due to Gore was wrong.

Bush was not evil. No, I did not approve every act he took.

Still, he freed over 50 million humans. And look at Obama. Still making war and getting our guys killed. over 1,500 to date and he claims he is not for war?

Maybe to you democrats, that is chump change, but those men are not invading any country. And believe me, our troops are not welcome in Afghanistan.

Gore would have been a mess. And Kerry embarassed this country. Kerry the rich man has a hard time ranting against the rich since he married a rich woman.

Robert A Whit
11-07-2012, 01:51 AM

Relax and let it go.

I don't like profanity nor you claiming I am mad.

My emotion is what one would feel having just watched the Titanic sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Then you tell me to just let it go.

And the floating bodies? What do you expect me to do about those?

This country just proved it is stuck on stupid.

Look at the massive debts. And are you proud of those massive debts?

Obama can't blame Bush from now on. HE spent the past 4 years daily blaming Bush.

Trouble is, it was never Bush's fault.

11-07-2012, 03:45 AM
Yes, and I doubt Obama had any control over that.

I don't think anyone is claiming otherwise. Doesn't change the fact that it's illegal.

SassyLady
11-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I never had it in the first place. This is the only place I have ever discussed or debated the election.
I'm totally over it.

Gabby, you have done nothing but bitch about Bush since he was elected ... you still continued to bitch about him after Obama was elected .... YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN OVER IT, so don't preach to us about something even you can't do. I'm surprised you didn't gag and throw up when you made this statement knowing you still have a huge Bush hairball in your throat that you can't quite swallow.

aboutime
11-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Obama the Liar won. And that doesn't mean Gabby is no longer a Liar. Both of them Lie, because they have nothing else.

aboutime
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM

No way gabby. No American can afford to do as you, Obama, and the Democrats hope we will do....and just roll over, play dead, and forget what happened.

The election yesterday proved my theory about Americans in general. In that anyone can see, or tell. How terribly uninformed, un-educated, easily led, and selfish such a large percentage of this nation's population really is.

Nothing can be done about that now. But. I plan on staying in touch, keeping watch, and hope I and my family are able to survive what MILLIONS OF OBAMA FANS will be facing next year, and in 2014, when AMERICA is BROKE, and Obama smiles, then tells all of you.
"I WAS KIDDING ABOUT NO...TAXES FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS, OR THE POOR!'
Much like Obama warned American Veterans and Active duty military members several months ago.

ALL OF THOSE WHO VOTED FOR OBAMA....WILL BE TOLD TO "PAY UP! on April 15th.