PDA

View Full Version : Voter Intimidation in house Thunderknuckles

Thunderknuckles
11-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I have a 21 year old stepdaughter. It's her first Presidential election. She doesn't care to vote because she believes her vote doesn't count. Living in California, she is probably correct about that. The state is going for Obama come hell or high water. However, we do have a great deal of important local and state measures where her vote will definitely count and I have tried to impress upon her just how important her vote is in this respect. Despite my encouragement, she is still dispirited about the whole process and does not care to vote.

Enter Mrs. Thunderknuckles!
She has just informed our daughter that as long as she lives under our roof she WILL be voting with us tonight or else! :laugh:
Is that even legal lol?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-06-2012, 03:33 PM
I have a 21 year old stepdaughter. It's her first Presidential election. She doesn't care to vote because she believes her vote doesn't count. Living in California, she is probably correct about that. The state is going for Obama come hell or high water. However, we do have a great deal of important local and state measures where her vote will definitely count and I have tried to impress upon her just how important her vote is in this respect. Despite my encouragement, she is still dispirited about the whole process and does not care to vote.

Enter Mrs. Thunderknuckles!
She has just informed our daughter that as long as she lives under our roof she WILL be voting with us tonight or else! :laugh:
Is that even legal lol?

Sounds legal to me. Technically , as long as she doesnt force her to vote for the candidates that she picks instead of letting her vote her own choices..;)

aboutime
11-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Sounds legal to me. Technically , as long as she doesnt force her to vote for the candidates that she picks instead of letting her vote her own choices..;)

Sounds like a really DUMB family matter. Point out to Mrs. Thunderknuckles. Even the daughter has the Constitutional Rights on her side, NOT TO VOTE if she doesn't want to vote.

Of course. If Mrs. Thunderknuckles is also insisting that she vote for OBAMA. That's TWO STRIKES against the Mrs.

gabosaurus
11-11-2012, 12:37 AM
I actually like that approach! :beer:

Our daughter often asks my husband and I questions that we don't have an immediate response to. Like when we were having dinner on election, our daughter asks "did you two vote for different candidates?" When we said that we did, she looked at us and said "What's the point of that? It's like you didn't vote at all!"
If there is an answer to that, I don't want to know it. :laugh: