PDA

View Full Version : City Denies Patriotic Display

Hobbit
05-26-2007, 10:29 PM
No, it isn't a full wall mural. Apparantly, a bus driver in Atlanta wanted to wear his American Legion hat for Memorial Day weekend as a tribute to the troops, but was told he couldn't because he'd be out of uniform.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=97620

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 02:09 AM
No, it isn't a full wall mural. Apparantly, a bus driver in Atlanta wanted to wear his American Legion hat for Memorial Day weekend as a tribute to the troops, but was told he couldn't because he'd be out of uniform.

I think he should have been able to wear it. It wouldn't have hurt anything.

DragonStryk72
05-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Yeah, I gotta agree, he's a vet, it's his holiday, he should be able to wear his old uniform hat, like I'll be wearing mine tomorrow. They're just being a bit on the anal-retentive side.

Doniston
05-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I gotta agree, he's a vet, it's his holiday, he should be able to wear his old uniform hat, like I'll be wearing mine tomorrow. They're just being a bit on the anal-retentive side.

Thre's an old saw (parphrased): They may not always be right, but they are always "BOSS" If the man was on duty, it was their "Right" even if we think it was Wrong.

Hobbit
05-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Thre's an old saw (parphrased): They may not always be right, but they are always "BOSS" If the man was on duty, it was their "Right" even if we think it was Wrong.

Atlanta's busses are owned by the city. That's why there's such an uproar. If it was privately owned, I'd just stop patronizing them, but this stuff is funded by taxes.

Trigg
05-27-2007, 02:59 PM

As much as I would love to see him be able to wear his hat. As soon as he does, and someone else wants to wear a burqua and is denied. the city would be sued.

I'm sure it's better for them to deny everything than listen to the pissers and moaners.

Hugh Lincoln
05-27-2007, 04:04 PM
As much as I would love to see him be able to wear his hat. As soon as he does, and someone else wants to wear a burqua and is denied. the city would be sued.

I'm sure it's better for them to deny everything than listen to the pissers and moaners.

But really, the vet hat would be banned and the burqua would be encouraged. Wear one, get fired. Wear the other, get a promotion for "diversity."

Abbey Marie
05-27-2007, 04:28 PM
But really, the vet hat would be banned and the burqua would be encouraged. Wear one, get fired. Wear the other, get a promotion for "diversity."

I'll bet you are right. :( :mad:

Kathianne
05-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I'll bet you are right. :( :mad:

Well let's put it this way, neither CAIR nor the ACLU would go to bat for the vet. ;)

Hobbit
05-27-2007, 04:59 PM

And if it was a Muslim holiday, then big deal. At my job, they let you wear Santa hats at Christmas and costumes on Halloween.

Trigg
05-27-2007, 06:47 PM

well, yes, for religious diveristy.

sickening isn't it??

Trigg
05-27-2007, 06:48 PM
And if it was a Muslim holiday, then big deal. At my job, they let you wear Santa hats at Christmas and costumes on Halloween.

Like I said I would love to see him be able to wear the hat. But, I can understand the company wussing out and banning everything to avoid the possible litigation.

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Well let's put it this way, neither CAIR nor the ACLU would go to bat for the vet. ;)

Because he is not black.

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 07:08 PM

What do you do?

Kathianne
05-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Because he is not black.

Nope, because he is not Muslim. See black vets are just as sucky as white vets. True blacks would never enlist, unless they wish to cry about how they couldn't leave the hood without the military.

Sorry to say, the blacks that enlist are pretty close to on par with the whites that do. Ahead of the norm intellectually, academically, economically. They are our best.

Mr. P
05-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Honestly, what this seems like to me is more of the all powerful mid-level management assholes just sticking a torn in someones ass to justify their positions. We all know the type.