PDA

View Full Version : Obama victory means four more years with no hope of change

KarlMarx
11-07-2012, 07:06 AM
WASHINGTON — All that for nothing. It was the billion-dollar election that did not decide one single damned thing.
Republicans control the House. Democrats control the Senate (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/senate/). And the White House (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/white-house/) remains in Democratic hands with absolutely no mandate whatsoever.
Another four years with no hope of change.
In this environment with this economy and all the gravely important matters pressing against the very existence of this country, it should have been a tsunami election. It should have been a landslide that sent President Obama into dust heap of failed presidencies. Instead, the election was about Big Bird.
It was the rape election. The contraception election. The binders full of women election.
It was about who was born where and whether she really could claim to be a Cherokee Indian.
It was about former president George W. Bush (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/george-bush/). And it was about gay marriage.
It was about the 1 percent and the 99 percent and the 47 percent.
It was about dancing freaking horses, for crying out loud! ......

remainder of article at http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/7/hurt-obama-victory-means-four-more-years-no-hope-c/?page=1

Let's face it... the Democrats are good salesmen, they could sell a bucket full of mosquitoes to a malaria patient and, in effect, they just did - KM

revelarts
11-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Big D and Big Rs and the media have convinced people to play it safe. Stick with the middle of the road the leader of the your tribe, even though it leads over a cliff. At LEAST the cliff is on your side of the road and not as bad as the other cliff and your guy says he believes what you believe.

300 million people bamboozled again.

hurricanes wipe the board clean, most folks aren't ready to think about that yet.

Gaffer
11-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Abandon hope, all who enter here. The new motto of America.

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2012, 07:44 AM
if I may put it bluntly, I think we may be fucked......

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 09:05 AM
if I may put it bluntly, I think we may be fucked......

I do not just think it I know it..-Tyr

Abbey Marie
11-07-2012, 09:05 AM
All I can say to make myself stand this, is that this is God's (inscrutable) will, and He is in control.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 09:15 AM
All I can say to make myself stand this, is that this is God's (inscrutable) will, and He is in control.

I've come to the conclusion that God has abandoned the nation and will let it rot(because of 55 million murdered babies)..Obama will finish the job this term. When things just keep on getting worse and people complain to me Im going to ask them one question-
Are you Republican/conservative or democrat. If they say democrat Im going to tell them to shut the hell up and get the hell away from me before I have to knock them on their worthless asses. O' yes I expect to have to pay some fines, yes I do. Going to take bail money out of the bank today , so my wife has cash on hand. -Tyr

fj1200
11-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Let's face it... the Democrats are good salesmen, they could sell a bucket full of mosquitoes to a malaria patient and, in effect, they just did - KM

My impression, because the ads didn't run here in GA, is that the BO sales pitch was the negative sell and Romney didn't do the positive sell well enough. BO portrayed himself as the Not-Romney-Candidate while Romney didn't do the sales job of why Conservatism is the best way forward. The ads and clips that I see from Reagan in his prime was him praising the virtues of Conservatism and why government is not the solution. Whether those represented the ads that were run back then I don't know but if so it shows how to educate the people rather than sell the people; only by educating them can you count on their votes beyond the next cycle.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 09:49 AM
My impression, because the ads didn't run here in GA, is that the BO sales pitch was the negative sell and Romney didn't do the positive sell well enough. BO portrayed himself as the Not-Romney-Candidate while Romney didn't do the sales job of why Conservatism is the best way forward. The ads and clips that I see from Reagan in his prime was him praising the virtues of Conservatism and why government is not the solution. Whether those represented the ads that were run back then I don't know but if so it shows how to educate the people rather than sell the people; only by educating them can you count on their votes beyond the next cycle.

Dead wrong , the mainstream media yet again gave the victory to the man they chose. They were 100% in the tank for obama. They betrayed America and its citizens yet again. IF, IF a revoluition starts because of this I say we -ALL- know who to bring justice to first!--TYR

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Even the Deseret News and New York Post adopted fairly neutral tones in reporting the today's headlines. Nice to see the Mooney Times still whining though. I bet the talking heads will be in mourning.

fj1200
11-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Dead wrong , the mainstream media yet again gave the victory to the man they chose. They were 100% in the tank for obama. They betrayed America and its citizens yet again. IF, IF a revoluition starts because of this I say we -ALL- know who to bring justice to first!--TYR

:rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 10:05 AM
:rolleyes:

Really brilliant reply there hoss. Do you deny that had the media been fair Romney would have won? They only gave obama about the equal to 300 or 400 million dollars in free coverage.. Then they deliberately harmed Romney almost that much with all their negative press. And thats how the ffing scum won.. That and the liberal public education system .. -Tyr

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2012, 10:08 AM
I've come to the conclusion that God has abandoned the nation and will let it rot

Jeremiah 2910 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[b (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah+29&version=NIV#fen-NIV-19650b)] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Hopefully, we'll only have four instead of seventy.......

Marcus Aurelius
11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Personally, I am wondering what is now different? Other than a slight gain in the House for the GOP, and a slight gain in the Senate for the Dems, we're really just looking at another 4 years of the same partisan bickering... another 4 years of anemic growth, if not a backwards slip... another 4 years of blaming Bush... another 4 years of no cooperation from either side.

Yay :(

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Personally, I am wondering what is now different? Other than a slight gain in the House for the GOP, and a slight gain in the Senate for the Dems, we're really just looking at another 4 years of the same partisan bickering... another 4 years of anemic growth, if not a backwards slip... another 4 years of blaming Bush... another 4 years of no cooperation from either side.

Yay :(

actually, I expect him to blame Romney for the next four years......for not beating him and putting an end to it.....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Jeremiah 2910 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[b (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah+29&version=NIV#fen-NIV-19650b)] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Hopefully, we'll only have four instead of seventy.......

Yes I agree thats to be hoped for but deep down I suspect that 55 million murders (abortions) is going to get us God's true wrath.. I could just say let it be done and not take action in the future but as a true Constitutional patriot I feel if push comes to shove I'd better be part of the shoving back! I know a lot about shoving back, very skilled at that sort of thing myself!!!--Tyr

fj1200
11-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Really brilliant reply there hoss. Do you deny that had the media been fair Romney would have won? They only gave obama about the equal to 300 or 400 million dollars in free coverage.. Then they deliberately harmed Romney almost that much with all their negative press. And thats how the ffing scum won.. That and the liberal public education system .. -Tyr

You didn't really give me anything to work with. If you always go around blaming the press then you will never learn enough to beat their built-in advantage.

fj1200
11-07-2012, 10:23 AM
... deep down I suspect that 55 million murders (abortions) is going to get us God's true wrath..

I thought it was the media. :confused:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 10:30 AM
You didn't really give me anything to work with. If you always go around blaming the press then you will never learn enough to beat their built-in advantage.

THAT BUILT IN ADVANTAGE NEEDS TO BE UTTERLY DESTROYED.. For its an enemy of this nation and surely an enemy of our Constitution..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 10:33 AM
I thought it was the media. :confused:

Allowing the media to do its dirty work could be how he judges us. He doesnt do lighning bolts from the sky..That was Zeus...

fj1200
11-07-2012, 11:07 AM
THAT BUILT IN ADVANTAGE NEEDS TO BE UTTERLY DESTROYED.. For its an enemy of this nation and surely an enemy of our Constitution..

Allowing the media to do its dirty work could be how he judges us. He doesnt do lighning bolts from the sky..That was Zeus...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#REDRESS) of grievances.

Abbey Marie
11-07-2012, 01:55 PM

I think the reasons are that we are 30 years further away from the ideals and morals of the Greatest Generation, and 30 years closer to a country full of people more than happy to live off the government.

fj1200
11-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I think the reasons are that we are 30 years further away from the ideals and morals of the Greatest Generation, and 30 years closer to a country full of people more than happy to live off the government.

I disagree that society has regressed to that point, I think there was little effort to explain why Conservatism is the better choice and the underlying presumptions about how we got here. Of course I concede that I wasn't in a battle ground state subjected to an unending barrage of political ads; Did they educate or did they politicize?

Abbey Marie
11-07-2012, 02:04 PM
I disagree that society has regressed to that point, I think there was little effort to explain why Conservatism is the better choice and the underlying presumptions about how we got here. Of course I concede that I wasn't in a battle ground state subjected to an unending barrage of political ads; Did they educate or did they politicize?

You are assuming there are plenty of people who care about what the candidates had to say this year. You can look right here even to see people who had their minds already made up before the ads ran. I will stick with my theory, which has deeper foundations than political ads.

fj1200
11-07-2012, 02:14 PM
You are assuming there are plenty of people who care about what the candidates had to say this year. You can look right here even to see people who had their minds already made up before the ads ran. I will stick with my theory, which has deeper foundations than political ads.

Why would you care if all you heard was the negative? Negative selling is not a long-term success strategy. I prefer my foundation of a people not wanting to only be living off government gratis. You seem to not recognize that we are four short years removed from an economic meltdown which people still blame Bush for and which stained Romney by being wealthy and a Republican.

Marcus Aurelius
11-07-2012, 02:16 PM

sad, isn't it.

Abbey Marie
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Why would you care if all you heard was the negative? Negative selling is not a long-term success strategy. I prefer my foundation of a people not wanting to only be living off government gratis. You seem to not recognize that we are four short years removed from an economic meltdown which people still blame Bush for and which stained Romney by being wealthy and a Republican.

I heard plenty more than negative from Romney. Did you not watch the debates? In fact, he and Ryan were somewhat criticized for staying so positive. Anyone who did not hear Romney's plans for the future and his many accomplishments simply chose not to listen or care. And as I've said, probably already had their minds made up.

People know that Obama had plenty of time to improve the economy. The fact that he made it measurably worse didn't even matter to them. Who cares about national debt when you are getting your government checks? It's a totally different mindset. The same mindset that woud see a man creating wealth as a negative.

aboutime
11-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Today marks the day when ALL AMERICANS must begin to hold OBAMA responsible for proving, and following through with his LIES.

cadet
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
So... Um... Ireland sounds nice this time of year...
I think I found the silver lining, Adios! I'm off to redheads and beer! :beer:

aboutime
11-07-2012, 02:38 PM

cadet. Remember our conversation about the C.I.C. and being respected????

Respect the Office...as long as it, and our Constitution still Exist.

cadet
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM
cadet. Remember our conversation about the C.I.C. and being respected????

Respect the Office...as long as it, and our Constitution still Exist.

Ok, i'm not going to disagree with you. But the constitution is slowly being screwed. Bearing arms disappears, i won't know what i'm fighting for.

Marcus Aurelius
11-07-2012, 02:42 PM

If there is a better combination, I don't know it :thumb:

aboutime
11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Ok, i'm not going to disagree with you. But the constitution is slowly being screwed. Bearing arms disappears, i won't know what i'm fighting for.

cadet. I have been asking myself the very same question about my service since we saw Obama, and Congress, working so hard to DESTROY the Nation.

You know what is Honorable to fight for. Never give up. That's what Obama and the Anti-Americans in Congress are hoping WE WILL DO.

The Obama win last night only made me more determined NOT TO GIVE UP, or GIVE IN.

fj1200
11-07-2012, 02:50 PM
I heard plenty more than negative from Romney. Did you not watch the debates? In fact, he and Ryan were somewhat criticized for staying so positive. Anyone who did not hear Romney's plans for the future and his many accomplishments simply chose not to listen or care. And as I've said, probably already had their minds made up.

People know that Obama had plenty of time to improve the economy. The fact that he made is measurably worse didn't even matter to them. Who cares about national debt when you are getting your government checks? It's a totally different mindset. The same mindset that woud see a man creating wealth as a negative.

Compared to where it was soon after he took office it has improved. I don't give him any credit for any "improvement" but people do because they don't look farther than who sits in the Oval Office. I said that he didn't do the "positive sell well enough" and I didn't see him doing much educating which was my point. Talking with my friend who was unlikely to vote for Romney, not BO though, because he didn't state his core values, limited government, etc. that is the core of conservatism. Listening to plans is one thing, and I agreed with those plans btw, but he lacked on the core fundamentals of educating the electorate.

I was thinking about this in the shower this morning; Obama and the Dems can only sell mere existence to the poor and working class by creating more and more entitlements and an expanded safety net but the Republicans can offer success if they can properly explain how conservative values will lead to greater opportunities; Kennedy's rising tide speech for example.

But those are just my impressions, yours may differ. :)

revelarts
11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Little blue, be warned
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WPpZbXjnx0U?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JxVTMfoW5G0?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

After this scene all those Republicans rushed over to a Prepers house who had built a bunker to stay in for 4 yrs just in case obama won. He had to hold a large group at bay by gun point from taking his place from him.

LOL

aboutime
11-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Little blue, be warned
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WPpZbXjnx0U?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JxVTMfoW5G0?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

After this scene all those Republicans rushed over to a Prepers house who had built a bunker to stay in for 4 yrs just in case obama won. He had to hold a large group at bay by gun point from taking his place from him.

LOL

Rev. Very appropriate using cartoons here. After all. Not only has the last four years been a cartoon from Obama, pretending to be the President. He now has four more years to BLAME everything that happened during those four years....ON HIMSELF!
Bush finally gets the break, and Obama has NO-ONE to blame but Himself.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 05:11 PM
I heard a radio commentator this morning about moving to Australia now that Obama has won a second term. I e-mailed the comment to my friend in Melbourne.
She e-mailed me this twitter comment in response:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7FDyjZCAAQkcA7.jpg

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Sorry, bitter conservatives. For you there is

http://itmakessenseblog.com/files/2012/07/obama-nohope.jpg

Abbey Marie
11-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I heard a radio commentator this morning about moving to Australia now that Obama has won a second term. I e-mailed the comment to my friend in Melbourne.
She e-mailed me this twitter comment in response:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7FDyjZCAAQkcA7.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up; though I never gave Australia a thought. Too many deadly animals skulking about, for one thing!

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Deadly animals? I never saw any when I was there. Except perhaps in the pubs around closing times.

Australia is a wonderful place. Very friendly people. They don't stress out over elections.

aboutime
11-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Deadly animals? I never saw any when I was there. Except perhaps in the pubs around closing times.

Australia is a wonderful place. Very friendly people. They don't stress out over elections.

Too bad, the deadliest animal had to come back to the USA. Deadliest as in GABBY-ROO's. In constant stress.

jafar00
11-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Obama may not be the best but he must have done something right. 2nd Democrat President ever to get a 2nd term since WWII and all that...

cadet
11-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Obama may not be the best but he must have done something right. 2nd Democrat President ever to get a 2nd term since WWII and all that...

The only "right" thing he did was butter up the idiots. (Easy way to win votes, promise them easier lives and slowly fuck the country) Kinda like when communist countries use propaganda to make their leader sound like a god.

aboutime
11-07-2012, 09:08 PM

The only things Obama has done RIGHT, has been repeating the same lies to the American people. And thankfully for Obama. They fell for those same lies again.

A fine example of how the Uneducated follow like sheep, as long as they have no responsibility to hold them back from being DUMB.

red states rule
11-08-2012, 04:17 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb1108cd20121107073804.jpg

aboutime
11-09-2012, 08:34 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb1108cd20121107073804.jpg

4043 And this....