PDA

View Full Version : It's morning again in America

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Just like in past elections, the "Rolling Stones adage" applies -- you can't always get what you want.
But, win or lose, the sun always comes up the next day. Life has to go on. My husband got up and went to work (a bit more grumpy that usual, but that was to be expected). My daughter went to school, oblivious of the whole thing.

Like Abbey so wisely stated, God has a plan for all of us. God is always testing us. How will you respond to yours?

aboutime
11-07-2012, 09:49 AM
gabby. That may be true about not always getting what you want.

But now. You should remember that adage about...."Being careful what you ask for. You may just get it."

The Uneducated, Easily-Led, Gullible, Selfish Americans I spoke of so often. Are about to learn more than the Literal "Blind, leading the Blind" expression, as STEVIE WONDER gave free concerts to the BLIND.

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2012, 10:15 AM
It's morning again in America

and I feel hung over......

KarlMarx
11-07-2012, 11:32 AM
It's morning in America and the financial world is celebrating Barak Obama's re-election...

It's down over 300 points

If they got any happier, they'd be jumping out of 90th story windows

tailfins
11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Just like in past elections, the "Rolling Stones adage" applies -- you can't always get what you want.
But, win or lose, the sun always comes up the next day. Life has to go on. My husband got up and went to work (a bit more grumpy that usual, but that was to be expected). My daughter went to school, oblivious of the whole thing.

Like Abbey so wisely stated, God has a plan for all of us. God is always testing us. How will you respond to yours?

Like my kids say: "We didn't know what poverty was until Obama came along" I guess I should be thankful that I learned homelessness avoidance and other crisis management skills under his watch. Obama is my Herbert Hoover. IT took about 18 months to do, but I seem to be outsmarting this economic downturn. The trick is to go whereever you need to go, remember that 40% of the population and economic activity is near I-95 from Washington to Boston. Live a RENTED lifestyle and own nothing except an emergency cash reserve and maintain good credit. I remember jokingly asking the Massachusetts Department of Emergency Assistance if they ever had an applicant with a 700+ credit score. Even legally homeless, I maintained good credit. If you own anything, Obama and his minions will want to take it away from you. I was amazed to observe that the other applicants were "regular customers" and focused on staying qualified for free permanent housing. The trick is to artfully avoid a job so you don't get kicked off the waiting list. All I was applying for was a hotel room which we lived in for four months after which we no longer needed assistance.

Kathianne
11-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Me too and I didn't drink anything but Diet Coke.

aboutime
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Today is just like every other November 7th since 2008. Nothing has changed, and if we look back to Monday of this week. The only thing different that actually took place since then...is that those Terrible Political Ads, full of Lies......ARE GONE!

Otherwise. With another 4 years, just like the last 4 years. We're still Screwed. And it's more of a guarantee now....that our Grandchildren are in deeper debt than any other generation since Washington became our First President.

Marcus Aurelius
11-07-2012, 03:16 PM
yes, it is... and the DOW dropped 300 points. Lowest level in 2 months.

aboutime
11-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Today is just like every other November 7th since 2008. Nothing has changed, and if we look back to Monday of this week. The only thing different that actually took place since then...is that those Terrible Political Ads, full of Lies......ARE GONE!

Otherwise. With another 4 years, just like the last 4 years. We're still Screwed. And it's more of a guarantee now....that our Grandchildren are in deeper debt than any other generation since Washington became our First President.

Abbey Marie
11-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Funny you put it that way. I was just thinking of America as a big ol' drunkard, who needs to totally bottom out, wake up in the gutter, before he admits his problem and gets help. We aren't quite there yet, but I think it's coming.

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Never underestimate the power of the incumbent. Nixon won a second term despite the clouds hanging over his head. So did Clinton and GW Bush.
It's like the old boxing adage. You can't beat the champion by a decision. You have to knock him out.

tailfins
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Never underestimate the power of the incumbent. Nixon won a second term despite the clouds hanging over his head. So did Clinton and GW Bush.
It's like the old boxing adage. You can't beat the champion by a decision. You have to knock him out.

I just don't see why you are so happy about extending the weak economy another four years. I know you are sitting there in your protected union job, but doesn't all the people unable to find work faze you at all?

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 12:32 PM
What makes you think the economy will continue to be weak?
I don't have a "protected union job." Counselors are district employees and thus not protected by unions.
My husband also does not have a protected job. He is at the whim of his employer.

doesn't all the people unable to find work faze you at all?

I felt the same way about soldiers dying in the Middle East. I still do. Apparently the politicians do not.

I feel for those unemployed. But I also feel for women whose rights would have been in danger during a Romney presidency.

Kathianne
11-08-2012, 12:37 PM
I don't have a "protected union job." Counselors are district employees and thus not protected by unions.
My husband also does not have a protected job. He is at the whim of his employer.

I felt the same way about soldiers dying in the Middle East. I still do. Apparently the politicians do not.

I feel for those unemployed. But I also feel for women whose rights would have been in danger during a Romney presidency.

Gabby, the whole 'war on women' was a dirty trick by the Dems and those of both parties that can think, know it. Poor women can readily get contraceptives and abortion is not something that can be overturned by an EO, if any president was so inclined.

In fact this actually brings up a point not hammered home by conservatives, the 'war' on religion by Obamacare.

PostmodernProphet
11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Funny you put it that way. I was just thinking of America as a big ol' drunkard, who needs to totally bottom out, wake up in the gutter, before he admits his problem and gets help. We aren't quite there yet, but I think it's coming.

unfortunately, lots of drunkards die in the gutter before realizing they need help........

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Gabby, the whole 'war on women' was a dirty trick by the Dems and those of both parties that can think, know it.

So you think Romney was Swift Boated?

Kathianne
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
So you think Romney was Swift Boated?

No, swift boat wasn't dirty, it was a group that had a stand.

tailfins
11-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Too much money is being drained from the economy from taxes, borrowing and expanding the money supply. Obama is poised to increase all three by a lot.

aboutime
11-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Gabby, the whole 'war on women' was a dirty trick by the Dems and those of both parties that can think, know it. Poor women can readily get contraceptives and abortion is not something that can be overturned by an EO, if any president was so inclined.

In fact this actually brings up a point not hammered home by conservatives, the 'war' on religion by Obamacare.

Kathianne. Gabbie seems to think...because of her financial situation...comfortable? The rest of the economy has to be just peachy.

Guess she hasn't known what being broke feels like yet. But that's coming for her, and many others. Really soon.

11-08-2012, 08:18 PM
You misspelled mourning:)