PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong

Little-Acorn
11-07-2012, 10:41 AM
I almost never write about myself, considering the subject too boring and unimportant, despite numberous desperate leftist attempts to change the subject from whatever a thread was started for to "what Little-Acorn thinks".

But I predicted that Romney would win the popular vote by 5-6%, and win Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Colorado, and possibly Pennsylvania.

I was wrong. I'll devote considerable effort from here on in, to making sure I don't make the same mistake twice.

So, instead of the course of changing our government from an interfering one to a non-interfering one that lets people run their own lives and their own country, we will now see four more years of what it has been for the last four: A govt that believes it can fix things, while ignoring the fact it govt is what broke them in the first place, and keeps overriding the decisions of citizens on how to run their own lives, and uses its coercive power to take from those who earn and give to those who either can't (for whatever reason) or won't.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
I almost never write about myself, considering the subject too boring and unimportant, despite numberous desperate leftist attempts to change the subject from whatever a thread was started for to "what Little-Acorn thinks".

But I predicted that Romney would win the popular vote by 5-6%, and win Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Colorado, and possibly Pennsylvania.

I was wrong. I'll devote considerable effort from here on in, to making sure I don't make the same mistake twice.

So, instead of the course of changing our government from an interfering one to a non-interfering one that lets people run their own lives and their own country, we will now see four more years of what it has been for the last four: A govt that believes it can fix things, while ignoring the fact it govt is what broke them in the first place, and keeps overriding the decisions of citizens on how to run their own lives, and uses its coercive power to take from those who earn and give to those who either can't (for whatever reason) or won't.

I fully expect that with obama not having to hold back now in his seconfd term and his newfounded /created exspanded Executive Orders ability that we will see dictatorial power come forth. What we may or may not do about that is not known. Its not going to be good either waY IMHO.-Tyr

SassyLady
11-07-2012, 12:24 PM
I was wrong also LA. I too believed that Americans were paying attention to the facts and making their own conclusions. I underestimated the media and celebrity influences on our populace. No one wants to take the time to research the facts and make their own conclusions. Our citizens have become intellectually lazy and depended on late night talk shows and political pundits to brainwash them.

What really makes me sad is all the voter fraud and intimidation that existed yesterday and nothing was done about it. The media just kept on marching toward the end they wanted without even waiting for the final vote.

And, knowing that a major portion of our military didn't get to vote really pisses me off.... but not as much as realizing that half the country would rather have the right to kill their babies and smoke pot than have jobs.

Noir
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Moi too, i had Romney on a convincing win, up until Pensilvania came in.

SassyLady
11-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Moi too, i had Romney on a convincing win, up until Pensilvania came in.

Yep, the Black Panther intimidation squad were very effective.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/6/problems-black-panthers-surface-pa-polling-places/

aboutime
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM
The few STEVIE WONDER, free concerts in notably high Black, Democrat voting precincts proved...

HOW EASY IT IS for the BLIND.....to Lead the Blind!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Yep, the Black Panther intimidation squad were very effective.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/6/problems-black-panthers-surface-pa-polling-places/

Trust me , that its noted that blacks have helped destroy this nation. It will not be forgotten...-Tyr

aboutime
11-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Trust me , that its noted that blacks have helped destroy this nation. It will not be forgotten...-Tyr

Tyr. To a point. I totally agree with you. But we cannot use that BLANKET accusation anymore.

The Obama's of the world, and Democrats have been responsible for those Black Americans who are helping destroy America by, intentionally preventing Black Americans, is large cities where crime, and poverty overwhelmingly exist..due to politicians who PRETEND to be serving Black Americans. However. Those phony politicians are also determined to KEEP BLACK AMERICANS like those from getting a good education, also...could not be re-elected IF...those Black Americans managed to become educated, or more knowledgeable.

That would be the end of DEMOCRATS, and the Obama's.

EDUCATION is responsible, more than any other cause.

LACK of Education is what OBAMA experienced yesterday. UNEDUCATED Americans Voted for him. PERIOD.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Where was the Romney "landslide" that so many DP posters were discussing?
What happened to the "dispirited Dem voters" who were going to "stay home in droves?"

If RSR was here, he would have a cartoon for this. :p

Kathianne
11-07-2012, 05:22 PM
What happened to the "dispirited Dem voters" who were going to "stay home in droves?"

I was wrong, I really thought that folks were too smart to re-elect such a failure of a president.

What I'm realizing though is that change is needed within the conservative message, how to present it and who? Those are issues to find answers to in the next 18 months.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 05:28 PM
I was wrong, I really thought that folks were too smart to re-elect such a failure of a president.

I thought the exact same thing in 2004. Didn't happen.

red states rule
11-08-2012, 03:12 AM

No cartoon Gabby. It is that many of us did not take into account that so many people could be bought and paid for

Obama has divided this nation into Two Americas. The producers and the takers. Right now the takers outnumber the producers

If you look at the groups that went for Obama: single women, Lations, and young people - ALL of them have been crushed by Obama and his economic policies. All three have unemployment rates in double digits. However while they may not have jobs they will get "free" birth control, "free" healthcare, and perhaps a bailout on their student loan debt

Obama also got the usual support from labor and blacks. So what if unemployment in the black commity is higher then any other group? And of course labor was bailed out in the auto industry and the US taxpayer is on the hook for about $25 billion

As the economy limps along gays are delighted they can marry in three states. They may be unemployed and defaulted on their mortgage - but now they are "equal" and Obama did it for them

Obama and the Dems have expanded the number of people who go through life thinking they are entitled to other peoples money and have sold their vote in exchange for some handout paid for by the decreasing number of people still working

In my case I am still working double digit OT as more and more people file bankruptcy, ask for loan modifications, or give up and try to liquidate their property. In almost every case, they mention in their letter that they thought they were entitled (or demand) the "Obama Plan" to save the home they cannot afford to keep.

What defies logic Gabby is that the economy was the #1 issue in this election and yet a majority voted to keep the same people in place that f'd everything up. Obama was good at passing the buck to Pres Bush and like fans of pro wrestling his supporters bought the storyline that was presented

Now we are hearing how the Republican party needs to "reach out" the the groups that backed Obama. What the hell does that mean?

With single women do R's offer free condoms in addition to their free birth contorl pills?

With young people, do we offer a $5000 voucher to buy a car in addition to paying off their student loan?

With Latino's in addition to amnesty do R's offer a "Welcome to America Tax Credit"

IOW, do R's now play The Price Is Right for their votes? Dow e sell out our principals in order to win elections?

Just like London, Greece, Spain, France, and all over Europe - we are seeing how the takers are bleeding their nation dry. Why work when someone else can finance your wants, needs, and desires?

Under Obama if you lost your job in many cases you could get paid for 99 weeks not to work. You could get a cell phone paid for by taxpayers. If you are a kid living in your parents basement you are now on Mom and Dads health plan for "free" That is if your parents can afford the increase in the cost of the plan, or if the ins company even still offers the plan

Meanwhile in my case, I am watching my taxes soar and I shake my head in disbelief as I see the amount of money being confiscated out of my check - and I hear how Obama and Dems demand I pay more. I am paying twice what I paid for gas, and food and energy costs continue to increase

Tax rates are due to go up 33% for me on Jan 1, 2013 as well as more Obamcare taxes that will impact workers employer provided health plans, the sale of medical devices, and Rx companies. You also have the SS tax kicking back in and that will zap people like me for over $1000/yr for tha tax alone

Meanwhile half the nation snaps their fingers and demand I kick in more to pay for what they want. They do not care what is happening to the nation Gabby - they got theirs from Obama

Well, they have it for now. Until this nations financial House of Cards come tumbling down

Then who will they blame?

It is dsad to say one of the bumper stickers I have on my car did sum up this election Gabby

Vote Democrat It Is Easier Than Working

I always thought it was a minority of people who did that - now they are the majority

Little-Acorn
11-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Time to fill in the remaining numbers on a table I posted many weeks back.

They still haven't finished counting all the votes, though the outcome is clear. So I can't put down total number of Republicans vs. Democrats who voted in 2012. So I put in the percentages from exit polls instead for that year.

Year. . . GOP voters . .Dem voters (million)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 . . . . . 36 . . . . . . . . . 42 . . . non-Presidential election, after too high Repub govt deficits and liberal programs
2008 . . . . . 60 . . . . . . . . . 69 . . . Presidential election, more high Repub deficits, huge enthusiasm for unknown Obama
2010 . . . . . 41 . . . . . . . . . 36 . . . non-Presidential election, after HUGE Dem deficits and Obama's agenda is revealed
2012 . . . . . 32% . . . . . . . 38% . Presidential election, after Americans find even more Obama agenda while Repubs fight tax and spending hikes

This is where I was wrong. I had expected the voters to follow the trend they established in 2010, with at least equal numbers of Republicans and Democrats voting, if not more Republicans than Democrats. Didn't turn out that way.

Robert A Whit
11-08-2012, 05:39 PM

This election is strange.

Dems DID stay home by the millions.

That is correct.

9 million of them that voted for Obama the last time simply did not show up to vote this time.

So, if you are gloating he is very supported, try telling that to the 9 million democrats that simply did not go vote.

red states rule
11-09-2012, 03:27 AM
Why did Obama win?

Simple

He is the Candy Man

http://youtu.be/zhhkF3dqXR0

Noir
11-09-2012, 10:22 AM
EDUCATION is responsible, more than any other cause.

LACK of Education is what OBAMA experienced yesterday. UNEDUCATED Americans Voted for him. PERIOD.

If lack of education is the reason why Obama was elected, you wpuldnt expect to see this correlation -

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/334C5F27-A81D-4708-9A19-03F2F9A41EFE-3897-00000360E1E9456C.jpg

Abbey Marie
11-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Yup, clear indication that the liberal-indoctrinating public schools are doing their jobs quite well.

Btw, what measures "best educated"?

gabosaurus
11-09-2012, 12:05 PM

Strange you should post this. I thought the exact same thing in 2004. :cool:

Noir
11-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Yup, clear indication that the liberal-indoctrinating public schools are doing their jobs quite well.

Btw, what measures "best educated"?

Best ask 'abouttime' i guess.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
If lack of education is the reason why Obama was elected, you wpuldnt expect to see this correlation -

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/334C5F27-A81D-4708-9A19-03F2F9A41EFE-3897-00000360E1E9456C.jpg

That graph means absolutely nothing, in the context of actual, human common sense, logic, or the ability to actually THINK.
Of course. Anyone could find such statistics to use. We all know there is a huge difference between being smart, and being Book smart.
Just look at those who claim to be so highly educated...voting for Obama. But the truth is. Most of them have no, real idea, or logical reason for voting for Obama. Other than they fear being labeled as racists if they dare use their Real Intelligence to disagree with Obama.

And I stand by assertions that EDUCATION. Real, common sense, non-partisan education, or the intentional Lack of Real education is what drove Every American who voted for Obama.
Look at the map of the USA in the BLUE, and RED manner, and you can easily see. The highest, density of Liberal, Black population exists in Predominantly Black, Big City area's controlled by Democrat party liberals who BRAG about getting more Money for Education, but the funds never seem to equal the ratio of poor performance by Students, and the Union teachers who whine about everything they are told...to claim they need. By the Union bosses who control the Democrat party, and The Obama administration with BIG BUCKS.

jimnyc
11-09-2012, 01:40 PM
If we're admitting being wrong about forecasts, I'll join in and admit I was wrong as well. I relied on polls at places like "realclearpolitics" where they took accumulative polls and blended them altogether for a clearer picture. They were off, hence I was off. I thought Romney had anywhere from a 2-5 point lead about 3 weeks prior, down to even in some places and a 1-2 point lead for Romney up to a few days prior to election. I knew it would be very close, but some of the battleground states were projecting Romney or very close tallies. The fact that they almost all went to Obama was a surprise.

The fact that so many people claim that Obama is doing a good job is still also a surprise to me. The fact that so many are STILL blaming Bush for the economy is a surprise to me. Obama claimed ownership and excused Bush in 2009. At the same time, he said he shouldn't be re-elected if he didn't fix the economy in 3 more years. He also promised to cut the deficit. So him and his administration where either wrong about what they could do, which makes them incompetent, IMO, or not very good at forecasting what they'll be working at. But MANY people are saying "Obama has done a fine job". I'm baffled with that, as pretty much every economical indicator has went down while he was in office. So be it though, the people have voted, and now we all must live with that choice.

"My" silver lining is that the countdown to him leaving office has already started, he cannot be elected again. Hopefully others are already thinking about 2016 and the changes we can make to our country. While I hope conservatism makes a comeback and can change many things on the front line beginning in 2016, I won't hold my breath. That would be "my" best option, but I'll even lean libertarian or another 3rd party if that's what it takes to get our country back to it's constitutional responsibilities and hopefully fiscal conservatism and lower this monster that is growing known as our government.

fj1200
11-09-2012, 01:42 PM
^^Chalk that one up to don't ask the question unless you know the answer.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 01:48 PM
^^Chalk that one up to don't ask the question unless you know the answer.

Why would anyone want to follow your suggestion fj? We all know that is one of your own techniques.
You and others use it all the time. And now. You are just following the Liberal standards of pointing your finger toward someone else to hide your own refusals.

fj1200
11-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Why would anyone want to follow your suggestion fj? We all know that is one of your own techniques.
You and others use it all the time. And now. You are just following the Liberal standards of pointing your finger toward someone else to hide your own refusals.

What have I refused? And please, I must know more of my own technique, do tell.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
What have I refused? And please, I must know more of my own technique, do tell.

There you go again. Using the tried, and true, tested DNC technique of never answering a question, by inserting another question to distract, and allow you to hide your own ignorance. And it still doesn't work.

fj1200
11-09-2012, 01:57 PM
There you go again. Using the tried, and true, tested DNC technique of never answering a question, by inserting another question to distract, and allow you to hide your own ignorance. And it still doesn't work.

My apologies, I thought your question was merely a rhetorical device so that you could go off on a rant. Why would one follow my suggestion? So you lessen the likelihood of looking stupid.

Now your turn to answer my question.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
My apologies, I thought your question was merely a rhetorical device so that you could go off on a rant. Why would one follow my suggestion? So you lessen the likelihood of looking stupid.

Now your turn to answer my question.

No need to tell you something you would deny. But in answer to your question.

Because you, like Mister Obama, are a Liar too!

fj1200
11-09-2012, 02:03 PM
No need to tell you something you would deny. But in answer to your question.

Because you, like Mister Obama, are a Liar too!

What have I lied about? BTW, you didn't answer the question.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
What have I lied about? BTW, you didn't answer the question.

No need to answer a NON-QUESTION.

fj1200
11-09-2012, 02:14 PM
No need to answer a NON-QUESTION.

So you get to make baseless lies and then attempt to slink away? Why am I not surprised?

aboutime
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
So you get to make baseless lies and then attempt to slink away? Why am I not surprised?

Slink away? Really? Not surprised? Neither am I.

fj1200
11-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Slink away? Really? Not surprised? Neither am I.

You're not surprised that you slink away? Interesting. I thought you were one of those around here who speaks of honor.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 02:23 PM
You're not surprised that you slink away? Interesting. I thought you were one of those around here who speaks of honor.

Thank you Mister Obama. You made your point. You have my permission to think whatever you want. Spread it around for everyone to laugh at too!

fj1200
11-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Thank you Mister Obama. You made your point. You have my permission to think whatever you want. Spread it around for everyone to laugh at too!

I made my point but I'm pretty sure you will continue to make accusations that you are incapable of defending and deflecting questions that you are unable to answer.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I made my point but I'm pretty sure you will continue to make accusations that you are incapable of defending and deflecting questions that you are unable to answer.

Thanks again Mister Obama. Carry on.

fj1200
11-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks again Mister Obama. Carry on.

No problem, you personify the thread title perfectly.

Noir
11-09-2012, 02:54 PM
That graph means absolutely nothing, in the context of actual, human common sense, logic, or the ability to actually THINK.
Of course. Anyone could find such statistics to use. We all know there is a huge difference between being smart, and being Book smart.
Just look at those who claim to be so highly educated...voting for Obama. But the truth is. Most of them have no, real idea, or logical reason for voting for Obama. Other than they fear being labeled as racists if they dare use their Real Intelligence to disagree with Obama.

And I stand by assertions that EDUCATION. Real, common sense, non-partisan education, or the intentional Lack of Real education is what drove Every American who voted for Obama.
Look at the map of the USA in the BLUE, and RED manner, and you can easily see. The highest, density of Liberal, Black population exists in Predominantly Black, Big City area's controlled by Democrat party liberals who BRAG about getting more Money for Education, but the funds never seem to equal the ratio of poor performance by Students, and the Union teachers who whine about everything they are told...to claim they need. By the Union bosses who control the Democrat party, and The Obama administration with BIG BUCKS.

What i've always found fascinating, is that in the US there seems to be an acceptance that education (especially secondary and tercery) is in effect liberal propaganda time. Thus allot of college students will be more liberal leaning etc, and the more prestigious the university (and overall eduction) the worse!

...contasting thar to the UK, where the links between a good eduction, and the 'Russell' universities are seem to reflect much more conservatively minded students.

Even more specifically in my little island, its all the uneducated idiots that vote in the likes of Sinn Fein, with their drafts of socialism that would no doubt make some members on here violently ill, whereas it is those (moreso) with academic qualifications and diplomas etc that vote/represent conservatism.

*This post is pact with generalisations are no doubt there are plenty of counter examples, but from my perspective there is a very different result from the educated/uneducated conservative/liberal reality.

mundame
11-10-2012, 11:42 AM
If we're admitting being wrong about forecasts, I'll join in and admit I was wrong as well. I relied on polls at places like "realclearpolitics" where they took accumulative polls and blended them altogether for a clearer picture. They were off, hence I was off. I thought Romney had anywhere from a 2-5 point lead about 3 weeks prior, down to even in some places and a 1-2 point lead for Romney up to a few days prior to election. I knew it would be very close, but some of the battleground states were projecting Romney or very close tallies. The fact that they almost all went to Obama was a surprise.

I also relied on RCP but did not think they were off. There was a surge for Romney in October, but that faded away. Intrade, the wisdom-of-the-crowd market where people bet money on the election, and which is always right, had Obama ahead thruout, especially at the end. The popular vote poll was of course dead even but that mattered not at all, since it isn't how we elect presidents, so I just watched the battleground states and the Electoral College map. In the last weeks they were consistently 9 states for Obama and 3 states for Romney; so I knew Romney wouldn't win.

In fact it all turned out a little WORSE than the polls showed: the Senate polls at the end showed the GOP losing one seat; the GOP actually lost two seats, 55 to 45, worse than before.

Someone on a forum taught me years ago to believe what the polls actually say, not what one wants to happen. People tend to predict what they wish for, but that works poorly.

jimnyc
11-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Someone on a forum taught me years ago to believe what the polls actually say, not what one wants to happen. People tend to predict what they wish for, but that works poorly.

I'm going back to my old self. If you do a search on polls in the past, and arguments with an old brain dead member named "truthmatters", you'll find that I was almost always against them and found them useless and that such small samplings weren't good enough for me. How I got sucked in this time, on polls that favored either candidate, is beyond me. And realistically, who really cares? I mean, we should vote for who we think best fits what we want for our country and best fits what we believe in, and no poll should change that anyway.

mundame
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm going back to my old self. If you do a search on polls in the past, and arguments with an old brain dead member named "truthmatters", you'll find that I was almost always against them and found them useless and that such small samplings weren't good enough for me. How I got sucked in this time, on polls that favored either candidate, is beyond me. And realistically, who really cares? I mean, we should vote for who we think best fits what we want for our country and best fits what we believe in, and no poll should change that anyway.

So true. Future-prediction is such a temptation, whether it's weather or elections! We love it, but there is so little there there.