PDA

View Full Version : i hate ny

jimnyc
11-07-2012, 02:10 PM
noreaster storm just starting and lost power already, right in middle of writing a good post! hopefully not another long night, and no flooding now that pumps wont work. i hate this cell phone too. its all obamas fault!

Kathianne
11-07-2012, 02:15 PM
noreaster storm just starting and lost power already, right in middle of writing a good post! hopefully not another long night, and no flooding now that pumps wont work. i hate this cell phone too. its all obamas fault!

I'm sorry! Sounds though like this one isn't as 'strong' as originally thought. God knows, I hope recent forecasts are correct, you all have had enough.

Abbey Marie
11-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Sorry about your power loss. We are expecting a couple inches of snow later today. How about you?

Let's face it- the sun could be shining and it would still be a crappy day.

Our neighbor up the street has had larger-than-life-sized cutouts of Obama and his wifey propped up against the front of their house. Today she added a bunch of red, white, and blue balloons, and was taking proud pictures of the display. It takes a certain kind of twit to gloat like that in a neighborhood with its share of Republicans. Including her next door neighbor.

KarlMarx
11-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Sorry about your power loss, though. We are expecting a couple inches of snow later today. How about you?

Our neighbor up the street has had larger-than-life-sized cutouts of Obama and his wifey propped up against the front of their house. Today she added a bunch of red, white, and blue balloons, and was taking proud pictures of the display. It takes a certain kind of twit to gloat like that i na neighborhood with its share of Republicans.

So, let me get this straight. Your neighbors, the Obama Supporters, play with paper dolls in plain view of their neighbors and take pictures of it to boot? And who says that our country is in decline?

These will be the first to complain once our taxes go up in January

aboutime
11-07-2012, 02:33 PM

jimnyc: This kind of strange weather must really make the Non-believers angry, and downright miserable.

We can't blame it on Obama. But now. Maybe the Atheist's might just begin to think to themselves..."Maybe there really is something in all of those Christian claims about GOD giving all of us warnings to EITHER get along, and help each other. Or...we'll all die together!"

jimnyc
11-07-2012, 03:00 PM
this sux already! lol got flashlights and candles ready, but of course this crappy cell needs charging, so sitting in my turck now. its 33 degrees and dropping, so i hope it comes back soon. i detest losing power, as i am addicted to tv and internet! but thinking of others on staten island and long island, i know were lucky. stil sucks, gonna go over and kick my neighbors dog!

Abbey Marie
11-07-2012, 05:42 PM
So, let me get this straight. Your neighbors, the Obama Supporters, play with paper dolls in plain view of their neighbors and take pictures of it to boot? And who says that our country is in decline?

These will be the first to complain once our taxes go up in January

Yup. Unbelievable, isn't it? I've had to drive by those 8 ft tall images for about 4 weeks now.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 05:47 PM
There are alternatives. Guaranteed no hurricanes or Nor'easters.

http://www.guideoftravels.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/HUNTINGTON-BEACH.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Sorry about your power loss. We are expecting a couple inches of snow later today. How about you?

Our neighbor up the street has had larger-than-life-sized cutouts of Obama and his wifey propped up against the front of their house. Today she added a bunch of red, white, and blue balloons, and was taking proud pictures of the display. It takes a certain kind of twit to gloat like that in a neighborhood with its share of Republicans. Including her next door neighbor.

Speaking about gloating.. Have you noticed how active today that Gabby is? Thats her delight in the traitor's win and her gloating ...-Tyr

Abbey Marie
11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Speaking about gloating.. Have you noticed how active today that Gabby is? Thats her delight in the traitor's win and her gloating ...-Tyr

Actually, Gabby has been posting regularly before today, and I think she has been pretty restrained. There are a couple of people, though, who seem to have reappeared like ghosts today just to gloat.

jafar00
11-07-2012, 06:28 PM
There are alternatives. Guaranteed no hurricanes or Nor'easters.

http://www.guideoftravels.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/HUNTINGTON-BEACH.jpg

The view from my office this morning ain't too bad either :)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RrrWZrVwZYg/UJruFtDtAmI/AAAAAAAAAUo/XZeYyJtq5_o/s1108/IMG_20121108_102555.jpg

jimnyc
11-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Power is back, hopefully. Cam back like an hour ago and died 5 minutes later. We seem to be steady for about 20 mins now, so hopefully get the house heated back up again at least!

WiccanLiberal
11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Jimmy, sitting in the shelter here - got a broadband adapter yesterday - with the freaking A/C on! They put it on because of the small number of hygienic hold outs who refuse to shower even though there is hot water. Oh, and the TVs they finally hooked up yesterday are now out because of the storm. And V4R is creeping home in this miserable weather because he had to go to work. Just needed to vent a little. I am cold and tired and haven't eaten tonight because I don't like to leave our stuff too long without one of us here. I am sorry you are having a powerless evening buddy.

jimnyc
11-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Jimmy, sitting in the shelter here - got a broadband adapter yesterday - with the freaking A/C on! They put it on because of the small number of hygienic hold outs who refuse to shower even though there is hot water. Oh, and the TVs they finally hooked up yesterday are now out because of the storm. And V4R is creeping home in this miserable weather because he had to go to work. Just needed to vent a little. I am cold and tired and haven't eaten tonight because I don't like to leave our stuff too long without one of us here. I am sorry you are having a powerless evening buddy.

We're back now, and some power outages are nothing compared to what others like yourself are enduring. It's a shame that FEMA or similar won't get you guys hotel rooms where you can be comfortable. I'll tell ya what, I don't know you guys too awfully well, but as a fellow NY'er, if you guys need a place to crash, for even a night where you can be warm and have a better environment, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I consider myself lucky, and loads of people have helped me through some rough times in the past, it would make me happy to "pay it forward" if I could. I know Westchester isn't around the corner, but it's something to consider if things get worse for you guys.

Kathianne
11-07-2012, 08:35 PM
We're back now, and some power outages are nothing compared to what others like yourself are enduring. It's a shame that FEMA or similar won't get you guys hotel rooms where you can be comfortable. I'll tell ya what, I don't know you guys too awfully well, but as a fellow NY'er, if you guys need a place to crash, for even a night where you can be warm and have a better environment, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I consider myself lucky, and loads of people have helped me through some rough times in the past, it would make me happy to "pay it forward" if I could. I know Westchester isn't around the corner, but it's something to consider if things get worse for you guys.

I just heard from my niece today, they went to their apartment and electricity is on, but not heat, water, cable. They went back to friends home in Brooklyn. They do realize how fortunate they are, able to afford whatever steps they need to take. Others are not so fortunate.

Those with incomes below the wherewithal to afford hotel rates over $500 a night and cab rides of 10 miles at $100 bucks? Sizeable number. Those that were hanging on by fingernails in this economy, before Sandy? Forgetaboutit. Niece said they gave to a local group, $3k to help those struggling. She said she hopes they are legit and vet folks, but she knows how hard it's been on her, can't imagine what it's like for someone without the funds.

Voted4Reagan
11-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Jimmy.... thank you for the gracious offer...

We certainly would, but we have our dog and Cats here... cant leave the babies alone...

But after we settle we'll certainly come up and visit... it isn't that far...

and I brought home Taco Bell.... so Dinner was served when I got in...

4" on street on way home.... no plows, salt trucks....NOTHING...

Liberal NY at it's finest...

jimnyc
11-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Jimmy.... thank you for the gracious offer...

We certainly would, but we have our dog and Cats here... cant leave the babies alone...

But after we settle we'll certainly come up and visit... it isn't that far...

and I brought home Taco Bell.... so Dinner was served when I got in...

4" on street on way home.... no plows, salt trucks....NOTHING...

Liberal NY at it's finest...

Ar they small at least? LOL I love pets, but have a Chihuahua and a Pug here, but they're ultra friendly and my Chihuahua loves cats! I so wish I had Taco Bell right now. I had a cheese sandwich to eat earlier and forgot all about food until you just mentioned that!

But yeah, the offer stands if it gets bad for you guys, as long as you don't have a Great Dane or Mastiff! :laugh2:

glockmail
11-07-2012, 09:17 PM
NY sucks for a lot of reasons, not just the weather. I lived in upstate for 11 years and I don't understand why I didn't leave earlier. Zero growth in the last 100 years.

My mother-in-law and her husband live in Rockland County. They pay more in taxes than I pay for two homes. He's been there for his entire life, knows nearly everyone in town, so I guess that they will never leave.

Kathianne
11-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Ar they small at least? LOL I love pets, but have a Chihuahua and a Pug here, but they're ultra friendly and my Chihuahua loves cats! I so wish I had Taco Bell right now. I had a cheese sandwich to eat earlier and forgot all about food until you just mentioned that!

But yeah, the offer stands if it gets bad for you guys, as long as you don't have a Great Dane or Mastiff! :laugh2:

How gracious. Thanks Jim, you reaffirmed my hope for mankind.

Kathianne
11-07-2012, 09:23 PM
NY sucks for a lot of reasons, not just the weather. I lived in upstate for 11 years and I don't understand why I didn't leave earlier. Zero growth in the last 100 years.

My mother-in-law and her husband live in Rockland County. They pay more in taxes than I pay for two homes. He's been there for his entire life, knows nearly everyone in town, so I guess that they will never leave.

Jim's post and mine regarding my niece's offer, belie your cynicism.

glockmail
11-07-2012, 09:27 PM
How gracious. Thanks Jim, you reaffirmed my hope for mankind. What does that have to do with a shitty economy Upstate and punishing real estate taxes?

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Actually, Gabby has been posting regularly before today, and I think she has been pretty restrained. There are a couple of people, though, who seem to have reappeared like ghosts today just to gloat.

What is there to gloat about? I didn't push Obama before the election and I am not going to do it now. Like I said before, not much is going to change.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 09:34 PM
More on topic, my daughter and I were watching some news footage of the New York/New Jersey and was baffled by all the snow and wind. She was hoping all of you were OK and hoped you all had blankets.

Abbey Marie
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
What is there to gloat about? I didn't push Obama before the election and I am not going to do it now. Like I said before, not much is going to change.

Not sure how you meant this, but anyway, I'm not the one who said you were gloating- I defended you.

Kathianne
11-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Not sure how you meant this, but anyway, I'm not the one who said you were gloating- I defended you.

She likes you and still... I've defended her plenty, yet she doesn't seem to like me. No matter, I post what I post.

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 12:38 AM
She likes you and still... I've defended her plenty, yet she doesn't seem to like me. No matter, I post what I post.

On the contrary, I respect you and Abbey more than anyone else on this board. Because you are both educated women who have been through everything I am about to go through.
I don't often agree with you, because we have different ideas of how things should be. Some of my opinions may be harsh. But I will always read what you have to say and stand up for your right to say it.
Kathianne, you are my favorite Nazi mod. :p

red states rule
11-08-2012, 03:52 AM
Jim I hope you and your family (including your pets) are doing OK

Maybe now with the election over Obama get back to doing his job and help folks like you in NYC and on Stanton Island recover from two storms

I am shocked over the fact that so many people still do not have shelter, food, gas, and now with the snow flying - heat

WiccanLiberal
11-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to all here who have extended such offers and well wishes to us. I am feeling a bit more positive right now as I got my stitches out of my hand today and started PT. Back to work tomorrow for me as well. For now have time to read the board and look at silly cat pics (you did know the internet is there solely for pron and cat pics and videos?