PDA

View Full Version : Detroit elects convicted felon

Trigg
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Congrats detroit for proving once again that it isn't the person that matters, it's the letter behind the name.

Good Lord this guy is an 8 time FELON and he still wins 68% of the vote.

Still, I guess it's good to know that all of Detroits problems are because of white flight from the city and not their dumb ass political choices.

Banks, a Democrat and lifelong Detroiter, won a seat in Lansing as a state representative for the 1st District, representing the east side of Detroit, Harper Woods, and the tony Grosse Pointes. He won 68 percent of the vote to Republican Dan Schulte’s 32 percent.
Banks, 35, was convicted eight times between 1998 and 2004 of writing bad checks and credit card fraud.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/detroiters-elect-ex-con-brian-banks-as-state-rep/

Gaffer
11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
This is detroit, so the color of his skin is as much a factor as the D after his name.

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Banks, 35, was convicted eight times between 1998 and 2004 of writing bad checks and credit card fraud.

come on.....seriously?......where are you going to find someone better qualified for politics?.........

11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
At least it wasn't State treasurer.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 09:47 PM
come on.....seriously?......where are you going to find someone better qualified for politics?.........

A good politician needs to be able to lie, cheat and steal to become success? Who better than someone who has obviously made a living at it?
And yes, it is Detroit.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2012, 10:26 PM
A good politician needs to be able to lie, cheat and steal to become success? Who better than someone who has obviously made a living at it?
And yes, it is Detroit.

Just more proof that black voters have no honor or integrity and will vote skin color over anything else except a free ride.. -Tyr

Trigg
11-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Just more proof that black voters have no honor or integrity and will vote skin color over anything else except a free ride.. -Tyr

If a second example was needed, Jessy Jackson Jr was re-elected despite NOT making an appearance since JUNE and being diagnosed with bi-polar disorder.

Oh and the possible federal charges.

Besides being on a medical leave, Jackson has federal charges possibly hanging over his head. But Jackson is a Democrat and that status apparently trumped the allegations. If Jackson does decide to step down, my money is on someone in the Jackson family stepping up to take his place.

jimnyc
11-08-2012, 11:14 AM

I was listening to 1010wins radio station yesterday and they were talking with Nelson Mandela's wife and daughter. They were thrilled with Obama's victory - only because he was black. I don't care if the man ending up in the WH is purple, so long as he does good for our country. As sad as it is to say, I think if Obama was white, people would have tossed him out of office based on his record.

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 12:16 PM
My momma says knock you out...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md3qdvBNQ11qeufwro1_500.jpg

Trigg
11-08-2012, 01:04 PM
I was listening to 1010wins radio station yesterday and they were talking with Nelson Mandela's wife and daughter. They were thrilled with Obama's victory - only because he was black. I don't care if the man ending up in the WH is purple, so long as he does good for our country. As sad as it is to say, I think if Obama was white, people would have tossed him out of office based on his record.

Honestly IMHO, if he was white the media would have laughed him out of the primaries and Hillary would have been the one running against McCain.

aboutime
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Obama training pays off. Liars, racists, and convicts run the Democrat party and ACORN.

Trigg
11-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Well seems JJ Jr has decided to step down.

Jackson's resignation comes just two weeks after voters re-elected him to a ninth full term and amid a continuing House Ethics Committee investigation into his dealings with imprisoned ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich. There also have been reports of a new federal probe into possible misuse of campaign money.

So since I'm not savvy on what happens next maybe someone can help out. How do they decide who replaces him?

Thank goodness he has taken himself out, since apparently voters are to stupid to replace these idiots

aboutime
11-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Well seems JJ Jr has decided to step down.

So since I'm not savvy on what happens next maybe someone can help out. How do they decide who replaces him?

Thank goodness he has taken himself out, since apparently voters are to stupid to replace these idiots

Trigg. I may be wrong but. I do believe. The Democrat powers in Illinois where Jackson comes from, will decide who they want to replace him. And, they will need to hold a Special Election, based on the NEXT SIX years...Jackson would have served.

Either way. Knowing how strong the Obama/Rahm/Democrat/Union/Capone Political machine is in Illinois.

It's a pretty sure bet. Another CROOKED Democrat will replace him...eventually.

In fact. Watch Obama find a way to either replace Jackson, or a way to take his seat....in 2016.

STRANGER things have happened.

By the way. It's not really any kind of BLESSING that Jackson is out. Crooks always get replaced with Other Crooks.

Robert A Whit
11-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Banks, a Democrat and lifelong Detroiter, won a seat in Lansing as a state representative for the 1st District, representing the east side of Detroit, Harper Woods, and the tony Grosse Pointes. He won 68 percent of the vote to Republican Dan Schulte’s 32 percent.

As Gabby says, she believes politicians are crooks.

Break down the word.

Poly means many
Ticks are blood sucking parasites.

She h as a point then. Many blood sucking parasites.

And the best the Democrats have to offer is a pure politician called Obama.

This crook above seems ready for prime time Democrat guru who is ready to join his Democrats in DC.