PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to go in on some rental property in the Caymans?

KitchenKitten99
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Pretty strict laws for immigration and people coming in to start businesses. But they are business-friendly there.

Hubby and I possibly selling our cigar shop due to upcoming Obamacare taxes hitting our personal finances hard.

Looking at buying up rental condos and such to start qualifying to become a citizen there (very tough with very high standards, but I am fine with that).

Anyone wanna partner up business-wise?

I am about 75% serious about this.

SassyLady
11-07-2012, 04:57 PM
I currently live in CA and AZ. Plan to be out of CA within next 3-4 years. Looking at South Pacific unless AZ secedes. I'm about 90% serious.

gabosaurus
11-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Why not try Central America?
I am serious about this. My sister knows two couples that moved to Central America for retirement. Land is cheap. Very few taxes or fees. Cost of living very low. Friendly people who like Americans.

http://www.ticotimes.net/Region/Nicaragua/Why-are-so-many-baby-boomers-retiring-in-Central-America-_Friday-February-25-2011

jafar00
11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
I was offered a share in a oil tanker full of oil anchored just off the coast of Nigeria recently. Tempting, but I declined....

tailfins
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm looking for an Information Technology hub. Although I just landed a REALLY promising gig that could last a long time.

jimnyc
11-07-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm moving to Canada if George Bush gets re-elected! Oh, wait a minute, for a second there I thought I was a brain dead Hollywood liberal. :laugh2:

KitchenKitten99
11-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Obammy's first time being elected, I really didn't think about moving.

Now...I really don't know if we can truly recover from this load of debt within even a decade, or even two. I honestly see way too many people worried about everything BUT the economy. The fact that Obama was re-elected tells me that the US is on its' way out as we know it and we are headed to being -Just. Like. Europe.-

And there doesn't seem to be any turning back...