PDA

View Full Version : Weird Day

Kathianne
11-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Only got a 1/2 day today, start time: 11:30-3pm. Trying to decide when to leave. Only a 10 min ride or so. Yet, want to get in to see lesson plans. However, it may be lunch and won't really start for another 1/2 hour. I like starting first thing in the morning.

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 12:10 PM
You and I both. My daughter leaves early to go to tutoring, so I usually go to work about 7:30. Even when we are on late days, I prefer to go in early. Of course, I am a counselor instead of a teacher.

When my mom was teaching elementary school, she always went in early. She was a bit OCD about having everything prepared for the day.

Kathianne
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
I got there at 11. Picked up 'sub folder' went to classroom. Introduced myself to the teacher. Lunch 11:15. Plan Period 11:45-12:35. I'll teach a block from 12:39-2:14, done. LOL! I came home rather than sit for over an hour.

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
My mom said she never came home on early dismissal days. She didn't like being home by herself. And she always felt she was leaving something undone. Perhaps it is a Germanic thing. :laugh:

Kathianne
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
My mom said she never came home on early dismissal days. She didn't like being home by herself. And she always felt she was leaving something undone. Perhaps it is a Germanic thing. :laugh:

When I had my own classes, got to school around 6:30 and left at 3:30 or so. Lots to do and I don't like feeling 'rushed' at beginning of day. As a sub, it's different. No lesson plans, no grading papers. You go in, do what is asked and leave.

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
My mom didn't enjoy retirement, so she subs frequently now. She says it feels very odd to not be in a position of authority.

Kathianne, Obama's second term should benefit you. More teaching positions should be available soon.
Of course, you could come teach in LA Unified. They always need teachers. Just make sure your life insurance is paid up. :cool:

Kathianne
11-08-2012, 12:48 PM
My mom didn't enjoy retirement, so she subs frequently now. She says it feels very odd to not be in a position of authority.

Kathianne, Obama's second term should benefit you. More teaching positions should be available soon.
Of course, you could come teach in LA Unified. They always need teachers. Just make sure your life insurance is paid up. :cool:

Obama's claims to putting teachers to work is so much rhetoric. It's not the feds who are funding schools and the costs of retirement plans ensures that new teachers are not going to be taking the retired teachers places.

Even if the money was there, the idea of burdening our children and later generations with the debt that is accumulating is a travesty by the adults on future generations. Immoral.

Kathianne
11-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Back to school I go, for about 2 hours. ;)

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Good luck to you on that. This morning has been really slow for some reason. Except for the normal assortment of cranky parents.

Kathianne
11-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm back! :laugh: