PDA

View Full Version : Are you glad the election is over?

gabosaurus
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
This thread is NOT about who won or lost. I was just wondering if you are happy or sad that the whole thing is done with.
Some of us felt a little bit like this. And we didn't even live in a "battleground state." :cool:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OjrthOPLAKM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

My sister-in-law and her family live in Minneapolis. They felt a bit like this:

http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8477/8157895415_0a592cf97a.jpg

Dilloduck
11-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Hell ya I'm glad it's over.I about broke the phone hanging up on people and the commercials got to be nauseating.
American elections have become more and more blatant about --" WE NEED MONEY TO WIN"
It's disgusting and hard to believe that people actually buy into any suggestion that the winner is the better man for the job or even the people's choice.
YA YA--I know it's better than some other but it still sucks.

Trigg
11-08-2012, 04:46 PM
No matter who's running I'm always glad when a presidential race is over. I get sick and tired of all the political ads. The lying and pandering gets old.

11-08-2012, 08:19 PM
yes. my mind is alot clearer. my wife and I have been making some important decisions in our life the last few days. Not directly because of the election, but i think it's helped.

WiccanLiberal
11-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I am glad it is over for sure. The campaigning seems to start so much earlier and I do think it interferes with the actual business of governing. Maybe we need to limit the process to a finite time before the day of the election? Say...you have a month or six weeks to make your case. Might also limit the media going nuts over every little opinion poll swing.

mundame
11-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Yes, it was a horrible election.

We aren't in a state anyone puts ads in or anything, except for the referenda (which all went against us), so we weren't attacked constantly like some of you or your relatives, but it was still way too much for way too long.

I've decided to go on an Information Diet. No more news sites, only a few of the better real news organs: WSJ, The Economist, maybe Stratfor, I haven't decided yet. And to bug out of the next election, not to follow it. It's all too awful --- terrible candidates, terrible scandals, awful events. Better just to concentrate on normal life and literature.