PDA

View Full Version : Did Chris Christie help obama be Presidential and greatly affect the election outcome

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM
http://boston.com/politicalintelligence/2012/11/06/chris-christie-says-didn-snub-mitt-romney-blasts-know-nothing-disgruntled-romney-staffers/mqLhdcSi3LMOma3CEoDogN/story.html

Chris Christie says he didn’t snub Mitt Romney, blasts ‘know-nothing, disgruntled Romney staffers’<!-- e-mail widget hello -->http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/etaf/pointer_top.gif

<!-- sendingArticle -->

<!-- innerContainer -->http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/etaf/pointer_bottom.gif
<!-- bdc_emailWidget -->

<!-- end ETAF -->

<!---->By Callum Borchers, Globe Correspondent
<!---->New Jersey Governor Chris Christie on Tuesday slammed the “know-nothing, disgruntled Romney staffers” who in a Huffington Post story on Monday accused him of snubbing Mitt Romney by skipping Sunday’s rally in Pennsylvania.
Christie, a vocal backer of Romney, said during a press conference that he told the Republican presidential nominee before Hurricane Sandy hit that he would likely be unavailable for the rest of the campaign.
“I said to him, ‘Listen, Mitt, if this storm hits the way I think it’s going to, I’m off the campaign trail from here to Election Day,’ ” Christie recalled. “And he said to me, ‘Chris, of course. That’s what you have to do. Do your job. Don’t worry about me. I’ll take care of things.’ So all this other noise, I think, is coming from know-nothing, disgruntled Romney staffers who, you know, don’t like the fact that I said nice things about the president of the United States. Well, that’s too bad for them.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure , the lying fat worm helped obama. He should be abandoned by the Republican party. He put being a camera hog over what was best for the country. I knew he had an ego but did not know that the bsstrdd was so shallow as to help obama by hosting him and letting him remake his PRESIDENTIAL image just prior to election day. I know about traitors and what Christie did was right in line with that. He needs to be totally destroyed and ran out of the Republican party IMHO.-Tyr

fj1200
11-09-2012, 12:28 PM
He needs to be totally destroyed and ran out of the Republican party IMHO.

:facepalm99: You never want to win an election again do you?

Kathianne
11-09-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't think he caused the loss, but he gave more to media push on Obama being 'presidential.'

I wouldn't vote for Christie, but don't want to be 'drumming' anyone out of the party. I'd like more in the party.

Marcus Aurelius
11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
I lived in NJ for over 30 years until I moved to PA in 2001. I saw good and bad governors. I saw ones who cared about NJ, and ones who cared about getting re-elected.

Christie cares about NJ. Deeply. During Sandy, he did exactly what I would have done, had I been governor. He concentrated on doing whatever he had to for his state, with whomever he had to do it.

The Presidential election at that point was meaningless to Christie, as it should have been to any governor in that situation.

My already high opinion of Christie is actually higher now.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2012, 01:32 PM
I lived in NJ for over 30 years until I moved to PA in 2001. I saw good and bad governors. I saw ones who cared about NJ, and ones who cared about getting re-elected.

Christie cares about NJ. Deeply. During Sandy, he did exactly what I would have done, had I been governor. He concentrated on doing whatever he had to for his state, with whomever he had to do it.

The Presidential election at that point was meaningless to Christie, as it should have been to any governor in that situation.

:laugh: :laugh2: :laugh:.. --Tyr

Little-Acorn
11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
The problem was not what Chris Christie did or didn't do.

The problem was that so many people wanted to vote for a failed President with an unsustainable agenda, despite those past and future failures. Long before any hurricanes ever hit and Christie ever did his thing.

If Christie had done exactly the opposite of what he did (whatever that is), the nation would still have been in severe trouble.

Abbey Marie
11-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I like Gov. Christie. I really do. But it would be so much easier to take the high road here and say Christie did the right thing, if Dems like Chris Matthews didn't say they were glad Sandy hit because it helped Obama get elected. Sometimes it is just exhausting to be the party that is expected to turn the other cheek.

gabosaurus
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM

Christie committed the ultimate Republican sin -- he put the concerns of his job ahead of those of his party.

I never liked Christie before the storm. I think I have expressed such on this board.
But I was very impressed with how he stood up for his state. He was humble and dignified, unlike politicians involved in Katrina. Obama reached out to Christie and Christie responded positively.

Christie looked out for the interests of New Jersey, where he is governor. He should be a hero, not a villain.

jimnyc
11-09-2012, 02:03 PM
IMO, Christie has ALWAYS been a good governor. He stated what he would do if elected, and stood by those principles. I've always loved the way he speaks to the media, he refuses to pander to them or say what they want to hear. He's an arrogant bastard, and I think that's why I've always liked him. He's got a job to do in addition to helping the overall party he is with. If he continued to campaign with Romney while parts of NJ stood in ruins, that would have been the end of his political career in NJ. I'm not saying he needed to be Obama's best buddy, or go gaga over him when talking - but his very 1st priority needed to be NJ.

jimnyc
11-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Oh, and I as well lived in NJ from when I was born in 1968 to 1995, and still have family there. While I'm a New Yorker now, I'll always consider Central NJ to be my hometown.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
GOV. Christie Didn't do anything to help Romney lose.

Christie was doing nothing more than serving, and protecting the people he took an oath to serve, and protect.

The Dems need to insist that Christie was responsible to keep them happy. And some Republicans need to blame him because Romney lost.

Romney had nothing to do with SANDY. Just like George W. Bush had nothing to do with KATRINA.

This entire nation is filled with STUPID, IGNORANT, DUMB, UNEDUCATED PEOPLE who proved they were stupid, dumb, and uneducated when they were fooled A SECOND TIME...to vote for Obama.

Many will deny it. Others won't understand it. And still millions of others have NO IDEA what is taking place.

We The People....are SCREWED.

If you have to ask How? You are responsible for it happening.

Robert A Whit
11-09-2012, 04:18 PM
I wish they stopped gloating.

9 million fewer voters voted for Obama than in 2008.

Then he had a landslide.

This time, Romney and he were almost in a dead heat.

As to Christie looking out for his state, I award him 5 gold stars.

As to the Dems claming that Christie did in Romney, nonsense.

I can think of things that happened to Romney, done to him by Obama that put Romney not in the back seat, but in the rumble seat.

Obama was driving Romney off the cliff and I understand it was lack of funds to defend himself that hurt Romney, still unanswered attacksy by Obama set him way back.

And we all understand that the entire Media was in the tank for Obama. When you have a left media, we have to expect them to do what it takes to keep democrats in office.

Bear in mind.

Clinton's team lost to GW Bush.

Democrats thought Clinton was Zeus so when Gore lost, they were pissed off.

I don't intend to get pissed off that Obama won.

I plan to get even.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 04:24 PM
I wish they stopped gloating.

9 million fewer voters voted for Obama than in 2008.

Then he had a landslide.

This time, Romney and he were almost in a dead heat.

As to Christie looking out for his state, I award him 5 gold stars.

As to the Dems claming that Christie did in Romney, nonsense.

I can think of things that happened to Romney, done to him by Obama that put Romney not in the back seat, but in the rumble seat.

Obama was driving Romney off the cliff and I understand it was lack of funds to defend himself that hurt Romney, still unanswered attacksy by Obama set him way back.

And we all understand that the entire Media was in the tank for Obama. When you have a left media, we have to expect them to do what it takes to keep democrats in office.

Bear in mind.

Clinton's team lost to GW Bush.

Democrats thought Clinton was Zeus so when Gore lost, they were pissed off.

I don't intend to get pissed off that Obama won.

I plan to get even.

Bob. As we have all seen here. Reading the stupidity of THE SMARTEST here every day.

Liberal, Democrat, Progressives have no idea what the word GLOAT means.

Like the GOOD SHEEP they are, and have been trained to be by the DNC.

Gloating is something they have won through Liberal Ignorance, and Stupidity.
If anyone doubts that.
Just watch how they react here, as the days go on, and the Obama Destruction of America proceeds.

gabosaurus
11-09-2012, 04:38 PM
I hope voters in the next election cycle realize how much Christie did for the state of New Jersey. And how much of a clown Bloomberg was while NYC was in crisis.

I wish they stopped gloating...

http://www.foodfindsus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/cheese-and-wine.jpg

Thunderknuckles
11-09-2012, 04:42 PM

It's disturbing how disgruntled, post-election Republicans have turned on Christie. The guy was a star prior to Sandy.

aboutime
11-09-2012, 05:42 PM
It's disturbing how disgruntled, post-election Republicans have turned on Christie. The guy was a star prior to Sandy.

Which disgruntled, post-election Republicans would those be Thunderknuckles?

Christie is still a Star, a responsible Gov. who didn't allow politics to get in the way of him DOING HIS JOB for N.J.

The only people making the most noise about this are those who WANT, and NEED to create hate, and discontent to please their hate filled, jealous, selfish, empty, Liberal minds.

Thunderknuckles
11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Which disgruntled, post-election Republicans would those be Thunderknuckles?
I should have said "conservatives". You can tell from several media outlets that the attitude towards Christie has shifted. Some are even outright bashing the guy whereas before it was nothing but love.

Christie is still a Star, a responsible Gov. who didn't allow politics to get in the way of him DOING HIS JOB for N.J.
I agree 100%. The guy is still top notch in my book.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Bullhit, the fat bustard pandered to and kissed obama's ass like a 20 dollar hooker grabbing onto a Texas oil billioniare! You guys can excuse such teenage adoration and bullshit but I will not. Just keep tellling yourselves what a honrable guy the bustard is but I know better. His stae was going to get the money anyways he didnt have to kiss obama's ass and spend the next three days praising him like he was God. He acted like a damn kid in a candy store! And this too the biggest enemy the Republican party has ever had in its entire history! I do not overlook reality like many of you people do.. -Tyr

aboutime
11-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Bullhit, the fat bustard pandered to and kissed obama's ass like a 20 dollar hooker grabbing onto a Texas oil billioniare! You guys can excuse such teenage adoration and bullshit but I will not. Just keep tellling yourselves what a honrable guy the bustard is but I know better. His stae was going to get the money anyways he didnt have to kiss obama's ass and spend the next three days praising him like he was God. He acted like a damn kid in a candy store! And this too the biggest enemy the Republican party has ever had in its entire history! I do not overlook reality like many of you people do.. -Tyr

Tyr. Though I understand your hostility against Christie. Thinking he betrayed Romney, and we Republicans. But. As you know. I tend to look to the pragmatic side of most things.
So. I put myself in Christie's place...as Gov. with a million people without their homes, food, water, heat, and the normal life things the rest of us still have.

Christie still had responsibility to those people. No matter whether Obummer showed up or not.

Christie was far more PRESIDENTIAL...and Obama should have seen that. But instead. He looked out a window, pretended to care with a few people...THEN...LEFT TOWN to go play Running for Pretender again. Leaving Christie behind...and FEMA, nowhere to be found.

Of course. You have every right to feel as angry as you do. But my anger goes toward the ASSHOLE who used Christie's nice words to FOOL MILLIONS OF AMERICANS...AGAIN.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Tyr. Though I understand your hostility against Christie. Thinking he betrayed Romney, and we Republicans. But. As you know. I tend to look to the pragmatic side of most things.
So. I put myself in Christie's place...as Gov. with a million people without their homes, food, water, heat, and the normal life things the rest of us still have.

Christie still had responsibility to those people. No matter whether Obummer showed up or not.

Christie was far more PRESIDENTIAL...and Obama should have seen that. But instead. He looked out a window, pretended to care with a few people...THEN...LEFT TOWN to go play Running for Pretender again. Leaving Christie behind...and FEMA, nowhere to be found.

Of course. You have every right to feel as angry as you do. But my anger goes toward the ASSHOLE who used Christie's nice words to FOOL MILLIONS OF AMERICANS...AGAIN.

I disagree 100%.. Christie has no excuse for the later three days of gushing bullshit about how great obama is! I do not overlook such for anybody alive, no matter how famous or adored they are..
I do not bend or break my principles for any person or thing.... No use attempting to tell me that I didnt see ass kissing like it was going out of style! Myself I 'd do that for no thing in the Universe. THE MAN TOTALLY DISHONORED HIMSELF.. His pathetic excuses now do not excuse that..I hope he rots in hell.... -Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I like Gov. Christie. I really do. But it would be so much easier to take the high road here and say Christie did the right thing, if Dems like Chris Matthews didn't say they were glad Sandy hit because it helped Obama get elected. Sometimes it is just exhausting to be the party that is expected to turn the other cheek.

Why take away from Christie because some dimwit on tv said something stupid?

Marcus Aurelius
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
GOV. Christie Didn't do anything to help Romney lose.

Christie was doing nothing more than serving, and protecting the people he took an oath to serve, and protect.

The Dems need to insist that Christie was responsible to keep them happy. And some Republicans need to blame him because Romney lost.

Romney had nothing to do with SANDY. Just like George W. Bush had nothing to do with KATRINA.

This entire nation is filled with STUPID, IGNORANT, DUMB, UNEDUCATED PEOPLE who proved they were stupid, dumb, and uneducated when they were fooled A SECOND TIME...to vote for Obama.

Many will deny it. Others won't understand it. And still millions of others have NO IDEA what is taking place.

We The People....are SCREWED.

If you have to ask How? You are responsible for it happening.

You've been reading my sig, haven't you ;)

Kathianne
11-09-2012, 11:49 PM
My question to anyone in NJ, what did NJ's hardest hit areas get, that NY isn't? Bloomberg said no. Photo ops when pulling bodies out seems wrong to me, not to mention diverting security that I'm certain was needed elsewhere.

As I said, I don't think Christie caused any loss, I do think he used the crisis for his own political ends. The Democrat running against him for governor was out with the people finding and bringing what they needed, no news crews with him. Reminds me of Mao and Sheck in WWII.

mundame
11-10-2012, 11:20 AM

There are two questions.

1) Was it sabotage? I don't know. It could have been; we know Chris Christie lobbied heavily for the VP slot and endorsed Romney early trying to get that. He wasn't a good fit, however, and didn't get chosen. Was the promotion of Obama revenge? Maybe.
I think there is another good reason for sabotage by Christie: if Romney wins, Christie has much less change of becoming pres, because Romney might have held on for eight years. Now, Christie can run for the office of president in four years. Good reason to want Obama to win, for a pol.

2) DID it affect the election? A lot of media thought so and have been heavily writing that Sandy was The Big One for Obama. I very much doubt that. I can't see why it would matter much. I could be wrong.

taft2012
11-10-2012, 11:36 AM
During Sandy, he did exactly what I would have done, had I been governor.

You would have performed virtual fellatio on Obama before a national audience?

Oh well, to each his own I guess.

jimnyc
11-10-2012, 11:56 AM
There are two questions.

1) Was it sabotage? I don't know. It could have been; we know Chris Christie lobbied heavily for the VP slot and endorsed Romney early trying to get that. He wasn't a good fit, however, and didn't get chosen. Was the promotion of Obama revenge? Maybe.
I think there is another good reason for sabotage by Christie: if Romney wins, Christie has much less change of becoming pres, because Romney might have held on for eight years. Now, Christie can run for the office of president in four years. Good reason to want Obama to win, for a pol.

2) DID it affect the election? A lot of media thought so and have been heavily writing that Sandy was The Big One for Obama. I very much doubt that. I can't see why it would matter much. I could be wrong.

Maybe there was insider talk, but Christie was repeatedly asked about running for president himself and was repeatedly asked about the VP slot - and he repeatedly stated he wasn't interested in either. Not sure where you get the news that he lobbied for anything.

mundame
11-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Maybe there was insider talk, but Christie was repeatedly asked about running for president himself and was repeatedly asked about the VP slot - and he repeatedly stated he wasn't interested in either. Not sure where you get the news that he lobbied for anything.

The news I read said both Christie and Tim Pawlenty were very eager for the nomination; neither got it. Christie is at the top of the list for the Wikipedia article on 2012 Republican VP candidates who were governors at the time. (Pawlenty was no longer governor, of course.)

Obama's winning DOES shorten the waittime for the next plausible contest, so I'd say that may have been behind Christie's effusion.

jimnyc
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM
The news I read said both Christie and Tim Pawlenty were very eager for the nomination; neither got it. Christie is at the top of the list for the Wikipedia article on 2012 Republican VP candidates who were governors at the time. (Pawlenty was no longer governor, of course.)

Obama's winning DOES shorten the waittime for the next plausible contest, so I'd say that may have been behind Christie's effusion.

Again, maybe insider talk, he was tops on many lists, but that doesn't mean that he was lobbying for it. I can only go by what his own words were when he was asked these questions tons of times, and every time I saw that happen, he stated he wasn't interested.

jimnyc
11-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I believe he hinted a few times that he may do something if actually presented an offer, but this article is one of TONS that I read, and saw even more on local news around here:

N.J. Gov. Christie says 'forget it' to VP idea

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie repeatedly has said he's not running for president next year. But is the GOP rising star thinking about the No. 2 slot?

"The person that picked me for vice president would have to be sedated," Christie said Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press. "Seriously, forget it."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/06/chris-christie-vice-president-2012-/1#.UJ6JhIYQ40s

mundame
11-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Again, maybe insider talk, he was tops on many lists, but that doesn't mean that he was lobbying for it. I can only go by what his own words were when he was asked these questions tons of times, and every time I saw that happen, he stated he wasn't interested.

Christie seriously needs to use these three years to lose weight, like Huckabee did.

Otherwise he's just implausible as a candidate. There's a real survival issue, for one thing. It's like McCain: he'd have to run with a VERY popular VP. McCain did survive, but no one thought it was very likely, and that was one of the reasons he lost, since there were serious questions about the competence of his running mate.

I used to live in New Jersey. I'm would vote for Christie, as things look now.

Well, the A-list is sure to run in 2016. I just hope it isn't another clown car contest of strange-O's along with them. Remember when they were having Jesse Jackson and God knows who-all up on the debate stage with the real candidates, for PC? I hope this clown car stuff doesn't go on and on. I don't mean to pay attention till they clear out the deadwood next time.

jimnyc
11-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Oh, he is a fat bastard! LOL I don't think he would be as funny as he seems when he gets arrogant with people and reporters of he was thin. Something about the fat guy speaking his mind that makes him likeable.

gabosaurus
11-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Oh, he is a fat bastard! LOL I don't think he would be as funny as he seems when he gets arrogant with people and reporters of he was thin. Something about the fat guy speaking his mind that makes him likeable.

A couple of months ago, I was all about Chris Christie jokes. But after watching him actually do the job he was elected to do (as opposed to ass kissing and pandering to party loyalists), I now wish California had a governor like Chris Christie.
Last year, Central Texas was struck by a devastating wildfire that came close to destroying the town of Bastrop. Too bad the governor of Texas was out campaigning for President. He could have been more help.

aboutime
11-10-2012, 04:31 PM

jimnyc: Once again. Our liberal, Obama loving members fail to see, or remember their hypocrisy that really does...CHANGE WITH THE WEATHER, namely SANDY.

Before Sandy struck. Most every Liberal, Democrat, Progressive who loved Obama...HATED CHRISTIE..unconditionally.

Enter SANDY. Those very same Liberal, Democrat, Progressives who love Obama...HATED CHRISTIE...until he THANKED OBAMA.

And the HYPOCRISY of the Liberal, Democrat, Progressives is flowing like AL GORE, BILL CLINTON.. Lewinski "BJ" bodily juices.

And each of the Hypocrites has their hand out. Waiting to touch the CIGAR.

mundame
11-10-2012, 05:17 PM

!! You made me think with this post; I think you made a very good point. The people might not be so tolerant of Christie's plain-speaking if he were one of these slim, tall, handsome, presidential guys who are so perfect you just want to smack 'em. But he's like all of us --- or even LESS perfect in one way! And so we can be tolerant and comfortable with him.

People were very comfortable with Lincoln, who was famously ugly and made jokes about it and rather desperately grew a beard at the suggestion of a little girl.

Okay, I'm going to change my mind: I did think Christie would HAVE to lose weight, but now I think maybe he'd do fine just as he is running for president; the extra avoirdupois humanizes him.