01-23-2007, 06:35 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0107/2389.html

darin
01-23-2007, 06:42 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0107/2389.html

have any thoughts about the story?

5stringJeff
01-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Why would a white guy want to be in the Cong. Black Caucus?

jillian
01-23-2007, 07:30 PM

I think he was trying to show interest in their issues and then thought better of it, though it doesn't seem there's any hard feelings. I think his intentions were good, though I think he was kinda silly.

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I think he was trying to show interest in their issues and then thought better of it, though it doesn't seem there's any hard feelings. I think his intentions were good, though I think he was kinda silly.

Yeah... what the heck is a white boy doing trying to bust in on black business. That's just silly. Everybody knows there's a double standard for blacks in this country.

jillian
01-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah... what the heck is a white boy doing trying to bust in on black business. That's just silly. Everybody knows there's a double standard for blacks in this country.

A double standard? Well, maybe. The question is what parts of that are justified and which aren't? We almost agreed there for a second, though. :thumb:

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 08:30 PM
A double standard? Well, maybe. The question is what parts of that are justified and which aren't? We almost agreed there for a second, though. :thumb:

There's an old saying Jill, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander". Everything and anything blacks claim they should be able to do because they're black, white's should be able to do also.

Miss Black America - where's Miss White America?
Black College Fund - where's the White College Fund?
Black Entertainment Channel - where's the White Entertainment Channel?
Ebony Magazine - where's White Magazine?

Need I go on? There's a double standard for blacks, clear as a bell.

darin
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM

Same reason I applied to Grambling? :D

Hugh Lincoln
01-23-2007, 08:56 PM

You would qualify for a minority scholarship there, wouldn't you?

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 08:57 PM

You wanted to live in Louisiana? :eek2: :D

TheSage
01-24-2007, 06:34 AM

No parts of race based double standards are justified. Do you consider yourselves progressive? What you espouse is ancient world racial hierarchy, based on revenge and fear.