PDA

View Full Version : Boehner wants immigration reform program

gabosaurus
11-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Strange how political losses can change your opinion on things. :cool:

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/11/09/speaker-john-boehner-changes-hard-line-tone-and-pledges-immigration-reform/

Robert A Whit
11-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Some of you guys support converting the illegals to citizens.

But further, you want them treated like legal citizens right now.

Not later, but right now.

What the hell are laws all about?

Obama bragged he booted out more Mexicans in his short time than Bush had.

Bush tried reform.

He was blocked.

Mexicans had no better friend than Bush.

Trigg
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM
We've tried amnesty before. It does nothing but encourage MORE illegals to sneak into the country.

In 1986 there were approximately 5 million illegals, there are now 11 million.

We can not just keep legalizing them in the hope that they will stop coming.

Boehner supports amending the 14th Amendment to deny the U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants automatic citizenship. He said many immigrants "come here so that their children can become U.S. citizens." And he wants to reinforce border security, including putting “boots on the ground,” as he said to reporters years ago.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/11/09/speaker-john-boehner-changes-hard-line-tone-and-pledges-immigration-reform/#ixzz2Bm0XB1Ox

tailfins
11-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Guest Visa - yes. Citizenship - NO WAY. The smart way is setting up an easy Visa system where the applicant agrees the Visa bars them from citizenship.

tailfins
11-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Strange how political losses can change your opinion on things. :cool:

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/11/09/speaker-john-boehner-changes-hard-line-tone-and-pledges-immigration-reform/ It's called adapting. You should try it sometime.

Kathianne
11-09-2012, 11:45 PM
I'd like to see something like a high school graduate, here since at least 8 years old. Serve 6 years in military, then get citizenship. No green card, no amnesty for relatives. After that, full citizenship.

Most important, before any program changes, real immigration reform. Many countries do not fill their quotas, while demand to enter is very high from Eastern Europe, the Americas in general, and Mexico. Up those numbers where demand is high, lower where indicated. I do not believe that everyone who wishes to come here needs a Phd., but make special categories of green cards for those possessing the skills in demand.

We should also take into account our neighbor to the South, I'm serious here. We should welcome hard working, though not necessarily highly educated folks. At the same time, there should be a concerted effort to address education expectations of the young. Too many Hispanics do not push their kids in school. I also think there should be strong limitations or exceptions on social programs for those holding green cards, made known from the date of reform going forward.

Trigg
11-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Legal immigrants are not in favor of amnesty for the illegals.

I work with a lady who was born in mexico (her husband was also) she came here legally, went to college, and has two boys. She voted for Romney. She can't stand all the people who mooch off the gov. and have a disgusting me me me attitude.