PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Being Right

DragonStryk72
11-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Okay, so you remember how I kept saying that you can't just hit the rich without them passing the cost onto us? Yeah, well, here's round one of that:

Papa John's CEO John Schnatter Says Company Will Reduce Workers' Hours In Response To Obamacare The Huffington Post | By Harry Bradford (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/harry-bradford)

In the wake of President Obama's reelection, one CEO is doubling down on his criticisms of Obamacare.
Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter said he plans on passing the costs of health care reform to his business onto his workers. Schnatter said he will likely reduce workers’ hours (http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/nov/07/papa-johns-ceo-obamacare-likely-to-raise-costs/), as a result of President Obama's reelection, the Naples News reports. Schnatter made headlines over the summer when he told shareholders that the cost of a Papa John’s pizza will increase by between 11 and 14 cents (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/papa-johns-obamacare-pizza_n_1752126.html) due to Obamacare.

"I got in a bunch of trouble for this," he said, referring to the comments he made in August (http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/nov/07/papa-johns-ceo-obamacare-likely-to-raise-costs/), according to Naples News. "That's what you do, is you pass on costs. Unfortunately, I don't think people know what they're going to pay for this."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/papa-johns-obamacare-john-schnatter_n_2104202.html?show_comment_id=204802995 #comment_204802995

Oh would you look at that? The government decides to say that if you employ people over 30 hours a week, then you have to insure them, so the business owners stop employing part-timers over 30 hours. Gee, if only we could have see this coming... oh wait, it was told to them some 900 times that this is what would happen, so there's no plausible deniability at this point.

Trigg
11-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Every rational person should have seen this coming. It's only the dimwits who thought businesses wouldn't pass on the additional costs.

People will look at this and say, it's only 11cents that's getting passed to the consumer. So who cares right? The gov. is sticking it to the rich guys! No, one again, it's the middle class who is going to pay for this increase since WE are the biggest group.

Kathianne
11-10-2012, 10:50 AM
and that is how the government will get their single payer plan.

DragonStryk72
11-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Every rational person should have seen this coming. It's only the dimwits who thought businesses wouldn't pass on the additional costs.

People will look at this and say, it's only 11cents that's getting passed to the consumer. So who cares right? The gov. is sticking it to the rich guys! No, one again, it's the middle class who is going to pay for this increase since WE are the biggest group.

I love when I point out to people that the current tax system we use started out as a flat 10% tax against the richest 1% (Hey, sound familiar to anyone?), and the go "So how's that workin out for ye?"

It's the whole thing of failing to learn from our own history. You know, you could probably redraft these proposals as mad scientist rants, and it wouldn't sound off? "Oh sure, it's failed every other time we've tried something like this, but this, it will work for certain! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

aboutime
11-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Okay, so you remember how I kept saying that you can't just hit the rich without them passing the cost onto us? Yeah, well, here's round one of that:

Oh would you look at that? The government decides to say that if you employ people over 30 hours a week, then you have to insure them, so the business owners stop employing part-timers over 30 hours. Gee, if only we could have see this coming... oh wait, it was told to them some 900 times that this is what would happen, so there's no plausible deniability at this point.

DragonStryk72. See there. All of the supposedly SMARTER people than you, and I...like Gabby. Insisted this was just a bluff. Not true, just Crying Wolf, The Sky is Falling kind of laughable, Liberal stuff....THEY KNEW WOULD NEVER HAPPEN...if they voted for Obama again.

The Liberals can't come up with any VALID reasons to defend this, or what is happening between businesses, and Doctors who are now telling AMERICANS the truth....OBAMA and Company never, really, wanted to admit.

This is just the beginning...OF THE END.
Watch how many of our Liberal members here create more Obama lies to defend the Undefendable.
By the way. The only people who HATE you being right. Are those who are now searching feverishly...for something Honest to say in defense of Obamacare.

DragonStryk72
11-10-2012, 02:33 PM
DragonStryk72. See there. All of the supposedly SMARTER people than you, and I...like Gabby. Insisted this was just a bluff. Not true, just Crying Wolf, The Sky is Falling kind of laughable, Liberal stuff....THEY KNEW WOULD NEVER HAPPEN...if they voted for Obama again.

The Liberals can't come up with any VALID reasons to defend this, or what is happening between businesses, and Doctors who are now telling AMERICANS the truth....OBAMA and Company never, really, wanted to admit.

This is just the beginning...OF THE END.
Watch how many of our Liberal members here create more Obama lies to defend the Undefendable.
By the way. The only people who HATE you being right. Are those who are now searching feverishly...for something Honest to say in defense of Obamacare.

What just gets at me immediately is that all of this has been explained out in the most simple ways possible, and it's like an alcoholic, swearing "this time" they can control their drinking. Nevermind all the times previously where that hasn't worked, this time is different. That seems to be the crux of the argument from the left.

The worst part is that they truly believe this, and that is far scarier than a con man can ever become. A con man has a tap out point where they cut their losses and walk away. A true believer, they'll follow it right into the ground, protesting the whole time how it'll work if we just give it the chance.

aboutime
11-10-2012, 04:11 PM
What just gets at me immediately is that all of this has been explained out in the most simple ways possible, and it's like an alcoholic, swearing "this time" they can control their drinking. Nevermind all the times previously where that hasn't worked, this time is different. That seems to be the crux of the argument from the left.

The worst part is that they truly believe this, and that is far scarier than a con man can ever become. A con man has a tap out point where they cut their losses and walk away. A true believer, they'll follow it right into the ground, protesting the whole time how it'll work if we just give it the chance.

DragonStryk. All of this is just more proof of the saying about "If you repeat a lie often enough. It soon becomes true to the person telling the lie."

Of course. Those who insist that only what they believe is correct. Eventually will learn the hard way. How much smarter it would have been for all of them. Had they paid attention. And not refused to accept the facts.

Such is life.

DragonStryk72
11-10-2012, 10:16 PM
I also love how many people are calling for a boycott against Papa John's. First off, the company pays their employees some of the highest wages of any pizza delivery place, so they're not even min. wage folks like most, but more than that, all that will do is punish the employees they're trying to help.

This also isn't some isolated incident. This is going to be the new face of employment in places. Look for part-time hours to cap out at 29.5 a week, unlike before, when you could pull 35 on part-time. Just the way it's gonna be.

Robert A Whit
11-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Some states want no part of Obama-care.

Most companies want no part of it.

60 percent of the public wanted no part of it.

To a democrat, who gives a crap?!?!?! They don't work for the public to begin with.

Companies are cutting back on hours worked per week.

To get under 50 employees to be exempt, some find out who voted for Obama then lay that person off.

Justice is sweet.