PDA

View Full Version : Scary doctor visit today

Thunderknuckles
11-10-2012, 12:43 PM
No, nothing is wrong with me but my doctor told me some interesting things that I was unaware of. I'm still not convinced it's all true but this is what went down...
We have been trying to get my cholesterol, blood pressure, and BMI to an acceptable level. Today's visit resulted in an "all clear". He told me with one more positive check up I will be off of Congresses radar. I said what do you mean off their radar? He then showed me all of the vital statistics he is required to submit to Congress regarding all of his patients as a result of ObamaCare. Apparently, if you are a slight health risk or worse, you appear on their radar where you are monitored. If no improvement occurs in your health, Congress can inform your insurance company to drop your coverage because of your health risk. I figured he was talking about some public health insurance but he said it applies to all insurance, private included. That's the part that scare the crap out of me! I still have a hard time believing that this applies to private insurance so I figured I'd toss this out there for you folks to digest. Does this sound right to you or is my doctor trying to scare me into good health?

Also, as it stands right now, if you are dropped and you are the sole provider of health insurance to your family, your family gets dropped as well.

Abbey Marie
11-10-2012, 01:17 PM
This just dosn't sound like it could be true, but who knows?

Here's the thing: If you are kicked off your private insurance, you would I assume be forced to buy government health insurance, right? Is this what the government wants? If so, this would be a very good way for them to get what they wanted.

Thunderknuckles
11-10-2012, 01:32 PM
This just dosn't sound like it could be true, but who knows?

Here's the thing: If you are kicked off your private insurance, you would I assume be forced to buy government health insurance, right? Is this what the government wants? If so, this would be a very good way for them to get what they wanted.
No, doc said that is how they pay for the 35 million Americans coming onto ObamaCare, by dropping the 10 million Americans currently designated as health risks. Again, sounds suspicious to me with regards to private insurance. I need to get to the bottom of this.

aboutime
11-10-2012, 01:59 PM
No, nothing is wrong with me but my doctor told me some interesting things that I was unaware of. I'm still not convinced it's all true but this is what went down...
We have been trying to get my cholesterol, blood pressure, and BMI to an acceptable level. Today's visit resulted in an "all clear". He told me with one more positive check up I will be off of Congresses radar. I said what do you mean off their radar? He then showed me all of the vital statistics he is required to submit to Congress regarding all of his patients as a result of ObamaCare. Apparently, if you are a slight health risk or worse, you appear on their radar where you are monitored. If no improvement occurs in your health, Congress can inform your insurance company to drop your coverage because of your health risk. I figured he was talking about some public health insurance but he said it applies to all insurance, private included. That's the part that scare the crap out of me! I still have a hard time believing that this applies to private insurance so I figured I'd toss this out there for you folks to digest. Does this sound right to you or is my doctor trying to scare me into good health?

Also, as it stands right now, if you are dropped and you are the sole provider of health insurance to your family, your family gets dropped as well.

Thunderknuckles. Lucky you. Being able to find a Doc open on a Saturday. Otherwise. Everything you stated above is absolutely TRUE.

This is the primary reason many, many doctors are thinking about closing their doors, and either retiring, or going out of business..PRACTICE.
They are BUSINESSES, and all of the penalties Obamacare, plus the added Rise in Malpractice Insurance, and their Profits become nearly NILL. They can't pay their office staff, nurses, or Assistants...not to mention equipment rental, or purchases, lab sources, building rental and expenses.
In other words. Despite all of the WONDERFUL LOVE FOR OBAMACARE out there. Those who voted for the Idiot in Chief. Will now, finally face all of their DENIALS...and WHO will be left to pay for all of their FREE stuff?

OBAMA?

jafar00
11-10-2012, 06:55 PM
I pay 1.5% extra tax (The Medicare Levy) to fund public healthcare in Australia. I don't mind paying that if it means my family and others of lesser means can get free access to quality healthcare. If Obamacare is anything like Australia's Medicare, I don't see why anyone would object.

hjmick
11-11-2012, 12:03 AM
So much for that pre-existing condition stuff...

SassyLady
11-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I pay 1.5% extra tax (The Medicare Levy) to fund public healthcare in Australia. I don't mind paying that if it means my family and others of lesser means can get free access to quality healthcare. If Obamacare is anything like Australia's Medicare, I don't see why anyone would object.

Why do people call it free just because they aren't the ones paying for it .... obviously someone has to pay for it, so it's not really free.

Must be nice for those who have health are and don't pay for it ... how often do they go around saying thank you to those who are paying for their "free" health care?