PDA

View Full Version : Happy Veterans Day

jimnyc
11-11-2012, 11:28 AM
To all of our board veterans, and all the veterans in the USA, this day is yours and we salute you :salute:

All of the hard work, determination, guts, glory and bravery - has kept America what she is today - safe and free. 350 million thanks go to each one of you! :beer:

aboutime
11-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Thank you Jim. My only wish for this day would be.
That the America I once knew, and gave thirty years of my life for.
Would come back to being the nation I recognized then.

I share your Thanks with ALL VETERANS who understand what WE ALL ARE ABOUT TO LOSE.

Drummond
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Thank you Jim. My only wish for this day would be.
That the America I once knew, and gave thirty years of my life for.
Would come back to being the nation I recognized then.

I share your Thanks with ALL VETERANS who understand what WE ALL ARE ABOUT TO LOSE.

I'm not sure how appropriate it is for a non-American to contribute on this thread. But I would like to say that your military forces have given much to this world of ours, and are owed considerably more appreciation for this than they have received over the years. May I offer my own salute to their sacrifices for the cause of freedom.

The UK has its own memorial day which coincides with yours .. also for 11th November, serving very much the same purpose. It's called 'Remembrance Day'. Tradition has it that the citizens of the UK fall silent for 2 minutes, at 11AM, to mark our remembrance of those who've died in our World Wars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day