PDA

View Full Version : Build a city then destroy it

Robert A Whit
11-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Have any of you paused to think what built cities?

I posit this has been the case.

The Rich built cities. The working class showed up to get a job.

Over time, things changed and where the Rich bailed out, the cities with the workers decayed.

Detroit is only one major example.

San Francisco was at one point a city of over one million people. Bear in mind the city is a small city. NY City for instance is 10 times larger in land.

I believe that even NY City has lost population.

SF today has maybe 600,000 living there.

The city and the other large CA cities fell into decline as the base population became Democrats.

NY City is another strong hold of democrats. Bear in mind that for years, NY City had severe problems with decay, super high taxes and became another Democrat held city.

Where you see positive growth and few problems, you see that republicans manage those cities.

The rest of the decay is the product of Democrats.

I hope this message smarts some of you.

I approve my own message. No charge for what I gave you.

gabosaurus
11-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I believe your thinking is severely misguided. As usual.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TxGGckAc1rs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Robert A Whit
11-12-2012, 03:39 AM
by Gabby....I believe your thinking is severely misguided. As usual.

I would have made a lousy communist. I would have been a major pain in Hitlers ass.

Don't you wish you could say the same?

jafar00
11-12-2012, 04:34 AM
The election is over. Cant you put the partisan rhetoric aside for another 4 years?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-12-2012, 08:27 AM
The election is over. Cant you put the partisan rhetoric aside for another 4 years?

Do you ever put your muslim agenda aside?
Or do you as usual decide to speak and act because Allah is too weak to enforce his will? That is what muslims do , no true faith in their God, they decide to do it themselves . Thats why we see tens of thousands of murders every year in Allah's name. A lost people desperately seeking the approval of a false God and a long dead pervert!--Tyr

fj1200
11-12-2012, 09:47 AM

It was worth what I paid. :poke: It would be helpful to add in some facts rather than positing blindly.

Robert A Whit
11-12-2012, 09:01 PM
It was worth what I paid. :poke: It would be helpful to add in some facts rather than positing blindly.

I see. Humor not welcome by you.
I offered not only facts, but solid reasoning. What part went over your head that you care to discuss?

The point in brief is that when you look in wonder at today's modern city, only the rich can build such tall buildings, such expensive structures and so forth.

Are you disputing this?

And what causes cities to decay?

I say that it is the influence by democrats.

I mentioned Detroit but could have mentioned other democrat strongholds.

fj1200
11-13-2012, 09:11 AM
I see. Humor not welcome by you.
I offered not only facts, but solid reasoning. What part went over your head that you care to discuss?

The point in brief is that when you look in wonder at today's modern city, only the rich can build such tall buildings, such expensive structures and so forth.

Are you disputing this?

And what causes cities to decay?

I say that it is the influence by democrats.

I mentioned Detroit but could have mentioned other democrat strongholds.

I didn't say I was disputing anything. The facts you did add weren't really relevant to your supposition, population, land areas, etc. whereas your reasoning wasn't really based on anything solid, only what you presume to be factual. Not to mention that you can cherry-pick any three cities and find what you're looking for but even your posit that population is the determining factor between success and failure of a city is off-target IMO. The city of Detroit is a failure any way you look at it, population, budget, etc. whereas the metrics for NYC and San Francisco are a bit different. Both of which, for example, have had significant population growth since 1980.

I wrote a paper back in B-school that the population of central cities was influenced by taxes and regulations. I did find a correlation between population growth and a measure of taxes and regulation.

Robert A Whit
11-13-2012, 06:54 PM
I didn't say I was disputing anything.

Your reply sure caused me to believe you were.

The facts you did add weren't really relevant to your supposition, population, land areas, etc. whereas your reasoning wasn't really based on anything solid, only what you presume to be factual.

Well, that makes two of us.

Not to mention that you can cherry-pick any three cities and find what you're looking for but even your posit that population is the determining factor between success and failure of a city is off-target IMO. The city of Detroit is a failure any way you look at it, population, budget, etc. whereas the metrics for NYC and San Francisco are a bit different. Both of which, for example, have had significant population growth since 1980.

I wrote a paper back in B-school that the population of central cities was influenced by taxes and regulations. I did find a correlation between population growth and a measure of taxes and regulation.

It is possible that SF is on the way back up as to population but it is a well known stronghold of Democrats.

I maintain that you can focus on the beliefs of democrats to see why they decline and your final sentence is in agreement with my beliefs. We know that democrats adore both, regulations and taxes.

You added force to my actual argument. Thanks.

fj1200
11-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Well, that makes two of us.

:dunno:

It is possible that SF is on the way back up as to population but it is a well known stronghold of Democrats.

I maintain that you can focus on the beliefs of democrats to see why they decline and your final sentence is in agreement with my beliefs. We know that democrats adore both, regulations and taxes.

Then it does your argument no favors. And to say that there are no rich people in NYC or SF is false... they're the only ones who can afford to live there. They generally favor zoning laws and "smart growth" policies that will limit new housing stock which would cause the rents/values of current stock to fall.

You added force to my actual argument. Thanks.

Well somebody had to. :slap:

tailfins
11-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Have any of you paused to think what built cities?

I posit this has been the case.

The Rich built cities. The working class showed up to get a job.

Over time, things changed and where the Rich bailed out, the cities with the workers decayed.

Detroit is only one major example.

San Francisco was at one point a city of over one million people. Bear in mind the city is a small city. NY City for instance is 10 times larger in land.

I believe that even NY City has lost population.

SF today has maybe 600,000 living there.

The city and the other large CA cities fell into decline as the base population became Democrats.

NY City is another strong hold of democrats. Bear in mind that for years, NY City had severe problems with decay, super high taxes and became another Democrat held city.

Where you see positive growth and few problems, you see that republicans manage those cities.

The rest of the decay is the product of Democrats.

I hope this message smarts some of you.

What about Boston? Obviously something non-political is driving this, but Boston has been an economic powerhouse during this weak economy.

fj1200
11-14-2012, 02:02 PM
What about Boston? Obviously something non-political is driving this, but Boston has been an economic powerhouse during this weak economy.

They have some MAJOR positive externalities going on there, education, research capabilities, etc. but how does the city center compare to the greater metro area? That would be more to his point.